Game update 162425 - 01/13/2016

• Developer

Changes

• Spiky Tree Stumps can now be burnt

• Updated font shader code to support more systems

• Console command c_listplayers() will now include User IDs

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug where you can sometimes become invisible when Ewecus spits at you just as you try to mount a Beefalo

• Fixed bug where Thulecite Wall items could not be used to repair Thulecite Walls

• Fixed bugs with text vertical alignment in chat boxes

• Fixed main screen animation bug

• Fixed missing mouth in some emotes when Wolfgang is wimpy

• Fixed crash when taking perished bait from a Meat Bulb

• Fixed crash in modsscreen when mod downloads finish as the screen is loading

• Fixed bug when attempting to remap the [`] key

• Fixed graphical bug sometimes when switching between tabs in the crafting menu

• Fixed graphical bug causing edges of land to sometimes pop in and out of view

• Fixed animation bug with hats when using a Bug Net

• Fixed bug with UTF-8 string processing on Linux clients

• Developer

Copying over some posts from the previous thread that didn't get addressed in this update.

I have a general request to improve the log system for server owners' sanity sake. My current problems are:

- cannot find person's KU_ number (their ID) from chat logs unless person says something in chat. Instead you have to dig through game logs for that info (if they didn't get erased by game reset).

- no GMT/Local/ANY time tracking in logs - this is in case I need to find a person that I do not know name or KU_Number of.

- no means to prevent logs from overwriting themselves upon game reset to day 1 within game (excluding manual copy of course)

Thanks, for your time!

-art

@V2C,

Found a mini problem... When you restart server with same save, clothes turn into default for everyone. so if you got ur tuxedo on it goes away and game leaves you with default clothes of wilson. This happened to me and after another restart (I was not in the server at second restart) CassieCroft (a friend) reported me that same thing happened to all players in the server too.

@V2C,

Also another thing I wanna mention V2C. Can you guys add a line to chat_log.txt or log.txt (idk which one is a better place to add the line), so we can know who banned a specific person. Because if a person is banned via ban button (not console command), I don't think there is a way to learn who did that. I checked log.txt it says the person is banned gives info about the banned guy but there is no info about the person who banned him. I got bunch of admins at the moment (for the sake of protecting a vanilla server from a griefer horde visiting the server every once in a while) and it is hard to keep track of the situation. Thanks.

• Developer
Found a mini problem... When you restart server with same save, clothes turn into default for everyone. so if you got ur tuxedo on it goes away and game leaves you with default clothes of wilson. This happened to me and after another restart (I was not in the server at second restart) CassieCroft (a friend) reported me that same thing happened to all players in the server too.

Hey PolarBeer, does this happen when you make a new server/save slot? Or is it just an issue with an old save file?

Hey PolarBeer, does this happen when you make a new server/save slot? Or is it just an issue with an old save file?

I had to update blocklist.txt. So i saved game and restarted. Idk i guess there is a console command c_shutdown() something like this i never used that command.

I just edited blocklist, c_save''

server and then restarted server. Did not change any server slot and it was an existing world. I don't think i changed anything in settings.ini file.. It was blocklist update since i dont touch to settings.ini file for about maybe 2 weeks.

21 hours ago, PolarBeer said:

welcome :D.. Also I know that if a person leaves the server and if we wanna ban him, we have to restart server after updating blocklist.txt. Is it possible to have an update so we can ban the guy without restarting server?

What about TheNet:Ban(AllPlayers[x].userid) or TheNet:Ban("KU_xxxxxxx")? 

• Developer
45 minutes ago, megastu said:

What about TheNet:Ban(AllPlayers[x].userid) or TheNet:Ban("KU_xxxxxxx")? 

I tried to reply with this earlier, but it got lost in the forum shuffle it seems. But yeah, that should work!

• Developer
4 hours ago, PolarBeer said:

Seems like this does not add Ku id to blocklist. What if i wanna remove the guy's ban after writing this?

I just tried it out, and it does write the KU to the blocklist. Is it possible that you had the file locked by another program?
Can you try renaming blocklist.txt to something else (to back it up), and let the game write the file when using TheNet:Ban. Once it writes the file out, is there a difference between the formats of what you were writing manually and what the game is writing?

Hope this helps!

Archived