[a creature suggestion!] the ampler!

the name (and kind) of the ampler!  

9 members have voted

1. 1. 2 kinds of the ampler,

• the same fish, just with a hook instead of a lightbulb, (with a completely different name too.
    • or just this one!

so we all know that there's no night creature's in SW, and i have been thinking for some time now, and a finally thought of something! this not so friendly creature!

LJiEuwP.jpgThis guy right here! The ampler(Lamp-angler) is a big blue big teethed fish with a lightbulb on its head, that Will attract everything to it, when these guys are hungry they will go up to the surface, and eat everything they see, even you, and they bite (i mean look at those teeth!), and they will only come out at night (maybe dusk too), and these guys hate the sunlight, so they will flee from the surface, and go down to the deep underwater where they belong, they can be kinda rare, because they will (MAYBE) drop some useful stuff.

drops!

• 2-3 fish morsels (80%)
  • 1 bulb (20%)
  • more suggestions for drops from other people would be nice :3

Not quite sure, what the drops could do, so suggestions in the comments too would help.

i was thinking of a new kind of minerhat with the bulb, too original maybe?

: The

here is a picture to see how big it is.VatkhCt.jpgtoo big?

Judging its size and rarity it should have better loot, on par with a whale maybe.

The spots on its back make me think of a turf you could place that would glow faintly and would protect you from the night.

Maybe the bulb could be stuck on a stick and planted somewhere in the sea and it would lure random sea creatures to itself over time.

The bulb could definitely be used as a lantern instead of the really lazily implemented "bottle lantern".

I would suggest a different approach on this one. It will persist during day(sleeping, but it will wake up if you're near) and night but it will be active only after the sun sets. What will it do? It will eat seaweed.

Although from a biological point of view, it wouldn't need sharp teeth to chew seaweed. :grin:

And you know, I think a hook-type fish would be more fitting because SW should promote fishing. With a hook item that the fish will drop, you'll be able to bait the hook and catch bigger fish like dog fish or sea hound or what other types of fish they will add.

I would suggest a different approach on this one. It will persist during day(sleeping, but it will wake up if you're near) and night but it will be active only after the sun sets. What will it do? It will eat seaweed.

Although from a biological point of view, it wouldn't need sharp teeth to chew seaweed. :grin:

And you know, I think a hook-type fish would be more fitting because SW should promote fishing. With a hook item that the fish will drop, you'll be able to bait the hook and catch bigger fish like dog fish or sea hound or what other types of fish they will add.

well, i can sea (haha puns) your point, but i wanted this to be a night living creature that is hostile and only spawns in the deep ocean because of the size of this fish, it can not go to the shallow water (like the whales), maybe its just hungry for jellyfishes, because they are EVERYWHERE.

now the hook, i had the same idea, if you could fish with this, hook. but i already made my decision, so i chose the light bulb

BUT. the thing where it is sleeping at day, i like that idea. and they will be really hard to see in under the water. 

Archived