why player in china can not receive any skin gifts

• Developer

Much better now. We really appreciate your work. But sometime I still have hard time connecting to klei server. And once I didn't get gift/skin in collection/steam inventory after I opened the box in game.

Did you leave your server before checking the gift in your inventory? It doesn't show if you opened the gift and remain in the server, you need to leave it and then check your inventory :p

• Developer

Much better now. We really appreciate your work. But sometime I still have hard time connecting to klei server. And once I didn't get gift/skin in collection/steam inventory after I opened the box in game.

When your client gets a skin drop (which it does in a private conversation with Klei, so that the hosting DST server can't steal your drop for himself) it needs to tell the DST server about it so you can open it. If the DST server has a hard time connecting to Klei to verify, it will think you don't really have that drop and not display it.

I will try spinning up login + item servers in Asia I think, we have quite a few users this would benefit.

When your client gets a skin drop (which it does in a private conversation with Klei, so that the hosting DST server can't steal your drop for himself) it needs to tell the DST server about it so you can open it. If the DST server has a hard time connecting to Klei to verify, it will think you don't really have that drop and not display it.

I will try spinning up login + item servers in Asia I think, we have quite a few users this would benefit.

Sorry for being unclear. I did get the gift after I rejoined game and opened the box again. The gift/skin was same as the one I didn't get before. 
So The situation is much better now, though there still are some problems like we may need more time to get the gift/skin due to the connection. But I believe that we can handle/endure it. And I doubt that new server in Asia would work, because we all know the problem is the great fire wall / internet censorship (setting up new server in mainland China would work, but this may not cost-effective). So please focus on making new contents for the game and leave aside this problem until the great fire wall's config/rule change again(We can't get gift again).
I love your game, and I'm really appreciate your time and work.

Archived