Why was Shipwrecked ever a DLC?

Precisely, right now we have a lot of content that doesn't... add anything, y'know?

Like the dolphins, what are they good for?

Walani too! She's such a... blegh character...

I really hope they actually GIVE HER a personality and actually add new unique machines, items and functions to the DLC!

ballphins do attack sharks and defending you against them. sounds good? Walani well I found walani pretty much like a willow type of character. In RoG, willow got lighter which helps her in early exploration etc. and walani has her own surfboard makes her easier to explore the map.

Since I am not a fan of Willow both in DST and DS, I think same about Walani. Idk but infact I dont really like female chars except Wigfrid (they are too feminine I more like aggressive characters even as a female). Also wickerbottom is a cool char cuz she is damn OP her books are godlike.

It is tooo early and im sure new mobs are gonna be added. currently, volcano is just cosmetics. Nothing exists around that place. Biomes are all similar. Islands and oceans are kind of empty.

• Developer
ballphins do attack sharks and defending you against them. sounds good?

Nope. I still think they need at least something more. You can get mobs to fight other mobs for you if you do the right thing.

And I like pretty much every DS char so dar. Well, liked. Becuase then Walani became a thing :/

They're not going to revert it, not now. This forum exploded when it was announced Shipwrecked would be standalone, and they decided to listen to their customers and make it a DLC. People have already bought it as dlc, and they're already working towards basegame+RoG integration, there's no turning back now. People will most definitely be refunding if they changed their decision. 

And regarding the lore, it shouldn't be hard to fix the issues with the backstory. After all, most of the backstory of Don't Starve and Maxwell was completely made up afterwards because fans were angered by the vague ending of Adventure Mode.

@ImDaMisterL

well you can kill them i guess they drop something. Idk, more than ballphins, i guess more mobs should be added to oceans. There is not more than 10 mobs in the ocean i believe and oceans are the maybe 70% of whole map. So map looks empty. You feel more lonely. DS is already too lonely game and less mobs make it more lonely in this DLC.. Hope they saturate the sea with mobs.

for the life of me I can't even understand why you want this so badly. If you want to play RoG you can still totally play it the way it is intended. Those features are not balanced for shipwrecked and frankly they just don't belong in shipwrecked.

Besides, so many people are just going to see it as even MORE "crappy recycling and reskinning" that serves only to water down and bloat the game.

I want devs to:

post-234476-0-96466000-1450816622_thumb.

I really can't explain it any better to you.

If some features are not balanced, then balance it!

How about that as an option for worldgen, to people who bought both DLCs? 

I want devs to:

lol1450816258.jpg

I really can't explain it any better to you.

If some features are not balanced, then balance it!

How about that as an option for worldgen, to people who bought both DLCs?

the problem is you just can't play both at the same time. They're too different, and that's the point x.x

If you're playing shipwrecked, you're not playing RoG, plain and simple. Just adding scraps of RoG into shipwrecked (islands that are RoG biomes) doesn't make shipwrecked ALSO be RoG. Especially since those biomes are so utterly out of place in a tropical island setting.

Maybe at least some prefabs and craftables could be added?

Special RoG-themed islands and such? :T

Just a little bit of RoG goodness, y'know?

yeah, of course, I get it. Because at the end of the day, to each their own and all that jazz, if the devs decide to make this an option for shipwrecked that's cool and I hope some people get a lot of enjoyment out of it, same goes for if it just ends up being a mod, I really don't care to be honest.

My point is just that if the devs decide "look this just doesn't fit with the theme we're trying to go with and we just want to keep each dlc's features to their own unique packages and balances" that's perfectly okay too.

I know a lot of people are saying that SW doesn't have enough content for them right now but the game is still in alpha, you have to give some breathing room here so the game can grow. Suggestions are awesome but just saying "this sucks, it's nowhere near what it could/should be!" Isn't very fair in my opinion.

I also just think that if the devs want to focus more on making this new dlc the best it can individually be, with new ideas and new mechanics instead of putting the same work and time into making old stuff that people like me already feel "been there done that" about, cool! I'm totally with them.

It will be new world like caves, that means you can bring stuff back and forth. If it would be a new standalone game, meaning only the tropical islands with new items, but without the rest of old items, my interest in it would be quite low.

It will be quite good new world, it is already much better than caves in case of plants and stuff like that, new trees and other plants are replantable and grow, unlike all of the new cave stuff. Lack of ability to replant cave stuff on surface world is quite frustrating for me to this day. I wanted to grow mushtrees on surface, but they don't have any growth stages or animations for that, it was so badly made, the same with cave flowers. So far ShipWrecked is very good.

Archived