Boat torch is too expensive now!

I don't know if it's a mistake or intended but the boat torch now takes 2 planks instead of 2 twigs. Thats 3x more ressources needed for something that barely lasts a night! If you want to keep it as is, maybe it should last longer or instead it should be something you craft only once and can put a torch on it.

thoughts?

I completely agree. I don't see a situation where I'd ever make a boat torch now, it's much easier to just get a sail and use normal torches until you can get a boat lantern.

Boat torch as it was before wasn't even particularly good, it was mainly a way to save a little grass while recycling almost-depleted torches. Raising the tech requirement mostly removes that use case, so having them last longer balances the tech out a bit. But increasing the recipe cost... 2 boards is just ridiculous. I'd say that's 4x the resources at least, although I'd say a single log is worth more than a single twig, so it's more than that.

I like the idea of a torch stand/rack kinda thing.

Even better if it is one that make of obsidian and emit light just like the obsidian fire pit.

Hey if you can make a fire pit that can lights up the entire island, why not just put that on your boat?

I actually haven't looked at the recipe for it but if this is true then it's really a worthless item. before it was a semi usefull for at least giving me a reason to keep my torch and just make a boat lantern but now that it costs boards it's barely usefull.

At least being locked by the sience machine makes sense since you can't make any boats that use it until that point (and iirc some people even suggested that because of it).

Making it refuelable like a fire pit, making it last longer, making it brighter, any of these things are required for it to be useful again at this cost in my opinion.

Yup i see it the same way. If i could refuel it with like grass, twigs etc. it would be okay although making it a bit brighter is also a good idea cause most of the time i can't see s**t when using it.

Even just not making it go away after it ran out of fuel would be good similar to the Mining Helmet so you don't need to waste more boards if you happen to run out of fuel.

Archived