The Hounds always just kill me :(

I know there already are comments about the Hounds, but I just got fed up with the Hounds coming at the night and leaving me no time to look for the spear, logsuit or torch. I have died so many times because of them that I just don't feel like playing anymore. I guess no one else is bothered by this, or then they just can somehow deal with it, well, I can't I am I not gonna waste any more hours just to be easily killed by those Hounds. Guess the game is just too hard for me. Yah. I liked the game otherwise. Just to let the makers know another opinion x)

I know there already are comments about the Hounds, but I just got fed up with the Hounds coming at the night and leaving me no time to look for the spear, logsuit or torch. I have died so many times because of them that I just don't feel like playing anymore. I guess no one else is bothered by this, or then they just can somehow deal with it, well, I can't I am I not gonna waste any more hours just to be easily killed by those Hounds. Guess the game is just too hard for me. Yah. I liked the game otherwise. Just to let the makers know another opinion x)

Welcome to the forums. You just have to learn how to fight them off. You have to listen out for them coming , you'll hear growling and loud barking in the background before they come , giving you enough time to get a spear and logsuit out of your chest , putting it on and moving to a more suitable place to fight them. All it requires is a little bit of preparation and strategy and you should have no problem.

Maxwell will try to kill you! Watch out!

Too bad I don't always have an access to sounds :/ So I can't hear them barking, nor anything else lol.

Well, I played enough and looks like the game is too difficult, you know, trying over and over again until I learn everything needed. I am just seriously wasting my spare time that I don't have enough. I don't really want to check online for everything I have to do to prevent myself from dying. Feels like cheating. But if I don't, then I'll die. So, maybe not a game for me.

It'd be nice if it was possible to save properly, or just more often so I seriously wouldn't have to start over. Or that at least some stuff would be saved when I die. But if it stays like this, then: goodbye Don't Starve! (sorry, I don't want to be mean, I just am a really busy person and feels frustrating to always start over)

Too bad I don't always have an access to sounds :/ So I can't hear them barking, nor anything else lol.

Well, I played enough and looks like the game is too difficult, you know, trying over and over again until I learn everything needed. I am just seriously wasting my spare time that I don't have enough. I don't really want to check online for everything I have to do to prevent myself from dying. Feels like cheating. But if I don't, then I'll die. So, maybe not a game for me.

It'd be nice if it was possible to save properly, or just more often so I seriously wouldn't have to start over. Or that at least some stuff would be saved when I die. But if it stays like this, then: goodbye Don't Starve! (sorry, I don't want to be mean, I just am a really busy person and feels frustrating to always start over)

Its understandable to not have access to sounds , which means the game is much more difficult. The game is similar to a rogue-like as in if you die ,you start over , looks like its not your game.

The devs have been considering putting in visual cues (perhaps the characters saying that they hear something) to tip the player off that hounds are coming. They know that it's not fair that the only warning you get of an impending hound attack is sound-based, since some players might not be able to play the game without sound on, or they may be hearing impaired.

I can't say when that sort of feature will be introduced, though. Hopefully Sooner rather than later.

I developed a strategy I call the Hound Cemetery. If you put enough focus early on into the collection of monster meat (and silk) from low-tier spider dens, you can just use Ctrl+Click to scatter the meat in a secluded area where you can easily pick off the distracted hounds without even getting a scratch. If you kill them fast enough, your Hound Cemetery will actually grow, but it will need a secondary source when you get closer to the 100+ day mark. (I was going to post a picture of this, but the file's too big.)

Make logsuit and a spear in advance. Immediately change to spear and logsuit the moment they're on the screen, drop everything you're doing(don't worry about your backpack, it'll stay there).

This is where you really need your clicking skills. Run and click on the edge of the screen and quickly change to your equipments before you stop moving and get eaten.

This will probably work for a few rounds though since it would periodically increase in number. But hey I'm sure by that point you have enough resources for pit traps.