Lost At Sea - The Lost Urchin

NikMik

I was doing some concept art. And just kinda did a thing...

...This is going to be a thing up for download very soon.

I'm giving no more details. Get hyped!

Or don't, because It's common for me to post things I'm doing and just slack off. *Cough*Hunted*Cough*

post-286034-0-62604000-1449139930_thumb.

EDIT: WIP-central is obviously "Say pal, it looks like you are being hunted" or "hunted" for short.

I blame feature creep; I started making that mod far larger than the original plan, all in one go. Really exhausted me. And then, looking through it, it's so poorly done I just wanted to start it all over. I feel like that's a mod I might actually need help with if it's to be done any time soon. Never thought I'd say that.

This, however...could be done tomorrow, or the day after.

The Update is nigh!

Just doing a few last touchups because I want this update to be good, yes?

This is not actually called 'Lost At Sea', I just wanted to use that to not spoil nuthin'. This update is really...

The Lost Urchin

Geddit? Like street urchin...'cuz it's the last Warfarin Update! And now I'm gonna be finally doing non-Warfarin stuff (Like hunted) and other non-character related things. Yey.

And with it, the last chance to learn Warfarin's true identity...You gotta find their full name.

Anywho! On with the update!

post-286034-0-37298600-1449325088_thumb.

Removed things:

Removed the gold and shadow dagger. Because I didn't want Warf to just be a tier-thing, y'know?

Nerfs: Nerfed daggers overall. Marble dagger deals a bit less damage and no longer has 300 uses because that was an insane amount.

Changes to Warfarin:

None unless you're playing in shipwrecked! If you are? Here's the details:

Loading a game with Shipwrecked will give Warfarin a new 'Skirmisher' kinda look.

The only real thing they do in Shipwrecked is the fact that they're light enough to be blown around in heavy winds.

Changes to Hidey Hood:

Now, Hiding Hood takes considerably less sanity, but it only hides you while you're not doing anything besides running or standing. Attacking or doing anything else will reveal you.

New item: The Hallowed Mask!

A mighty helm to match the marble suit, indeed.

Provides armour.

You can use it to breath a whirling storm of 'Black Death' that will syphon health from enemies and return it to you.

In Shipwrecked, also works as a gasmask.

Another new item to replace the night dagger: Mr. Stabby!

Deals about as much damage as the marble dagger.

You can use it while hidden to teleport behind enemies and backstab them! But doing so will greatly reduce durability.

Deals less damage the lower durability it has.

Can be mended with purple gems. But if it depletes, it's gone.

YET ANOTHER NEW ITEM: The multi-colored Pestilence!

A SWORD! For Warfarin! A pirate-themed one, no less!

Ship-wrecked exclusive cutlass.

Deals moderate base damage

Each strike will release a cloud of miasma, dealing low damage to surrounding enemies and poisoning them.

Pretty useless against poison-resistant enemies

Holding it also poisons you.

Jump updates!

Refined the jumping a tad.

Wearing the Hidey Hood or Hallowed Mask will augment your jumps!

When jumping with the hidey hood, you will drop a web trap behind you that will greatly slow enemies down or a short duration of time. But, in return, you'll take 60% extra damage for a few seconds.

Jumping with the Hallowed Mask on will envelop you in a brief cloud of 'Black Death' as you move, at the cost of sanity. Think of it as a combat charge, kinda.

welp, it looks like its not working, i enabled the mod, and it crashes

...m/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/util.lua:290: Could not find an asset matching sound/kingoflies.fev in any of the search paths.
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        =[C] in function 'assert'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/util.lua(290,1) in function 'resolvefilepath'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(52,1) in function 'RegisterPrefabs'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mods.lua(312,1) in function 'RegisterPrefabs'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(139,1) in function 'LoadAssets'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1225,1) in function 'DoResetAction'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1240,1) in function 'complete_callback'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/upsell.lua(27,1) in function 'UpdateGamePurchasedState'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1245,1)
        =[C] in function 'SetPersistentString'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(104,1) in function 'Save'
        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(111,1) in function 'Load'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1261,1) in function 'callback'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(602,1) in function 'Set'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(486,1)
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(484,1) in function 'Load'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1260,1) in main chunk
        =[C] in function 'require'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(652,1)
scripts/frontend.lua(723,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen
scripts/modindex.lua(85,1) ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.

Reset() returning
CURL ERROR: SSL connection timeout
QueryServerComplete no callback
Collecting garbage...
lua_gc took 0.03 seconds
~SimLuaProxy()
lua_close took 0.02 seconds
ReleaseAll
ReleaseAll Finished
cGame::StartPlaying
LOADING LUA
DoLuaFile scripts/main.lua
DoLuaFile loading buffer scripts/main.lua
scripts/main.lua(165,1) running main.lua

scripts/modindex.lua(320,1) loaded modindex
scripts/modindex.lua(75,1) ModIndex: Beginning normal load sequence.

scripts/modindex.lua(248,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-184160028 does not specify if it is compatible with the base game. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(251,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-184160028 does not specify if it is compatible with Reign of Giants. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(248,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-219297631 does not specify if it is compatible with the base game. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(251,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-219297631 does not specify if it is compatible with Reign of Giants. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(248,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-403450870 does not specify if it is compatible with the base game. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(251,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-403450870 does not specify if it is compatible with Reign of Giants. It may not work properly.
LOADING LUA SUCCESS
scripts/playerdeaths.lua(79,1) PlayerDeaths loaded morgue 4701
scripts/playerprofile.lua(508,1) loaded profile
scripts/playerprofile.lua(572,1) bloom_enabled true
DEVICE CAP 1449334385
scripts/saveindex.lua(119,1) loaded saveindex
scripts/gamelogic.lua(1244,1) OnFilesLoaded()
scripts/gamelogic.lua(1233,1) OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete
scripts/gamelogic.lua(121,1) FE assets already loaded
Could not find anim build corner_dude_sw
Could not find anim bank [corner_dude_sw]
scripts/screens/mainscreen.lua(569,1) platform_motd table: 1211CD78
SimLuaProxy::QueryServer()

welp, it looks like its not working, i enabled the mod, and it crashes

...m/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/util.lua:290: Could not find an asset matching sound/kingoflies.fev in any of the search paths.
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        =[C] in function 'assert'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/util.lua(290,1) in function 'resolvefilepath'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(52,1) in function 'RegisterPrefabs'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mods.lua(312,1) in function 'RegisterPrefabs'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(139,1) in function 'LoadAssets'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1225,1) in function 'DoResetAction'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1240,1) in function 'complete_callback'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/upsell.lua(27,1) in function 'UpdateGamePurchasedState'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1245,1)
        =[C] in function 'SetPersistentString'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(104,1) in function 'Save'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(111,1) in function 'Load'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1261,1) in function 'callback'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(602,1) in function 'Set'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(486,1)
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(484,1) in function 'Load'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1260,1) in main chunk
        =[C] in function 'require'
        D:/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(652,1)
scripts/frontend.lua(723,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen

Reset() returning
CURL ERROR: SSL connection timeout
QueryServerComplete no callback
Collecting garbage...
lua_gc took 0.03 seconds
~SimLuaProxy()
lua_close took 0.02 seconds
ReleaseAll
ReleaseAll Finished
cGame::StartPlaying
LOADING LUA
DoLuaFile scripts/main.lua
DoLuaFile loading buffer scripts/main.lua
scripts/main.lua(165,1) running main.lua

scripts/modindex.lua(320,1) loaded modindex
scripts/modindex.lua(75,1) ModIndex: Beginning normal load sequence.

scripts/modindex.lua(248,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-184160028 does not specify if it is compatible with the base game. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(251,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-184160028 does not specify if it is compatible with Reign of Giants. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(248,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-219297631 does not specify if it is compatible with the base game. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(251,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-219297631 does not specify if it is compatible with Reign of Giants. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(248,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-403450870 does not specify if it is compatible with the base game. It may not work properly.
scripts/modindex.lua(251,1) WARNING loading modinfo.lua: workshop-403450870 does not specify if it is compatible with Reign of Giants. It may not work properly.
LOADING LUA SUCCESS
scripts/playerdeaths.lua(79,1) PlayerDeaths loaded morgue 4701
scripts/playerprofile.lua(508,1) loaded profile
scripts/playerprofile.lua(572,1) bloom_enabled true
DEVICE CAP 1449334385
scripts/saveindex.lua(119,1) loaded saveindex
scripts/gamelogic.lua(1244,1) OnFilesLoaded()
scripts/gamelogic.lua(1233,1) OnUpdatePurchaseStateComplete
scripts/gamelogic.lua(121,1) FE assets already loaded
Could not find anim build corner_dude_sw
Could not find anim bank [corner_dude_sw]
scripts/screens/mainscreen.lua(569,1) platform_motd table: 1211CD78
SimLuaProxy::QueryServer()

EGAD. I realize my goof...fixing this ASAP.

Fixed.

Archived