Poisoned and dying lol

I just learnt that the hard way too, second game, dead on 9 days! :( 

I had just managed to farm a venom sac and was living off butterflies of which there was a nice supply on my island.  Unfortunately I had to leave the island to find coral and seaweed.  Just found some coral and it was too late lol.

Those yellow snakes.. I'll be more careful next time.

Also, is it just me or can you not trap them in normal traps too? That was how the little bugger got me as I thought I could kite him in! 

I had that problem for my first game too! I noticed that the vine bushes will shake if there are snakes in them, which helps. Also they are pretty easy to kite, though tidious. One hit run, repeat. On Wendy they take about 4-5 hits I think?

Having the same problem.

I got poisoned by a new type of spider, and couldn´t find Venom glands anywhere. I died also on day 9!

Second world, I got poisoned in a swamp. I died, but was resurrected. 

For now, I´m just avoiding spiders and swamps at all costs. 

Apparently, you get Venom Glands from Yellow Snakes, which are rare (I think). I saw only one so far and when I killed it, it gave me Monster Meat. So yeah, even if you do find a Yellow Snake, they might not even drop what you need.

And apparently, from what I understand from CeeDeeBee, the yellow snakes can poison you...

Yeah it was a yellow snake who got me. I had cut down a lot of trees, as I found a friendly pig on my island and I spent a day felling as much wood as possible (like x20 boards worth). That obviously upset the snakes cos I had a fair few yellow'uns chasing me around after that lol. I did manage to get a venom gland/sac(?) eventually, but died before getting the coral to go with it. I will have my revenge :)

I found what looks like a keg of gunpowder out in the water and flying stingray-like mob came out of nowhere and poisoned me.  Will probably die from it unfortunately because I don't have the anti-venom.  Wanted to mention this other mob so everyone can be careful when encountering it.

Venom gland drop rate for me was absolutely atrocious. The zone next to my base is chock full of snakes yet it took me two days of running around to get one. Next time I got poisoned I killed twelve green snakes in a row without ever seeing a venom gland. Then I just died.

Venom gland drop rate for me was absolutely atrocious. The zone next to my base is chock full of snakes yet it took me two days of running around to get one. Next time I got poisoned I killed twelve green snakes in a row without ever seeing a venom gland. Then I just died.

Weird I at least got 3-4 from the poison snakes I killed only thing was that I couldn't find coral I did however find coral in the next world I did.

A small tip : Yellow spider drop the poison gland as well. I was poisoned from a snake and trying desperately to stay alive. I was trying to get some healing salve by fighting spiders when a poison gland dropped from a yellow spider. Ran desperately for my life to craft the antivenom. Crafted it and drank it with literally only 1 life left. Damn that was close. 

I just found a set piece that has 3 venom glands in the middle of a forest. DO NOT GO FOR THEM. THIS IS A TRAP!

If you go to pick them up 5 poisonous snakes pop out of the bushes to ruin your day.

Oh, great! And here I chopped down 3/4 of the forest looking for some poisonous snakes!

Archived