Caves Are Now Live

• Developer

@Maris, are either of the two above issues still a problem for you? I wasn't able to reproduce either unfortunately. For the hover test I used these options

{        name = "maris",        label = "Maris Test",		options = {			{description = "1", data = 1},			{description = "2", data = 2},			{description = "3", data = 3, hover = "LA-LA-LA!"},		},        default = 1,    },

[00:55:35]: LUA: RUN-TIME ERROR [string "scripts/mods.lua"]:688: attempt to index field 'VERSIONING' (a nil value)

This crash was when a mod was updated on Steam while I was playing (testing) in offline session. I'm not sure is it still a problem, because I update the mods before start/load a session.

I wasn't able to reproduce either unfortunately. For the hover test I used these options

This is still actual for me.

Game version v157286

The mod - "Sprinter Set" (the link).

All mods are disabled (even client mods).

7533976.png
	{		name = "hunger_speen_count",		label = "Set Count",		hover = "How many speed items\nare required for set.",		options = {			{description = "2", data = 2},			{description = "3", data = 3},			{description = "4", data = 4, hover = "You need third party mods\nto complete the set."},		},		default = 3,	},

Hello, I am having an issue with my game freezing and needing a force close. The issue happens when I enter a cave and exit back int the overworld. I can enter and explore the cave just fine but when I decide to exit back in the overworld, the game freezes after taking a couple of steps and requires a force close. I am currently renting servers and the only mod i have is Global Positions.

Hello guys!

I have a question: 

If i play in my own hosted server can i have caves in it?

I have the beta version activate, but i don't have a sinkhole in my map...

Even using the command panel i can move in the place where the sinkhole should be, but the sinkhole actually do not exists..

Can anyone tell me what's the issue?

Cheers!!

• Developer

Hello, I am having an issue with my game freezing and needing a force close. The issue happens when I enter a cave and exit back int the overworld. I can enter and explore the cave just fine but when I decide to exit back in the overworld, the game freezes after taking a couple of steps and requires a force close. I am currently renting servers and the only mod i have is Global Positions.

So you're connecting to a rented server, but your client (the game you're actually playing on) is crashing?

Next time it crashes, would you post the file Documents/klei/DoNotStarveTogether/log.txt for the computer that's crashing?

Hello guys!

I have a question: 

If i play in my own hosted server can i have caves in it?

I have the beta version activate, but i don't have a sinkhole in my map...

Even using the command panel i can move in the place where the sinkhole should be, but the sinkhole actually do not exists..

Can anyone tell me what's the issue?

Cheers!!

Self-hosted servers can't have caves yet. It's a technical limitation that we're working around. But in the meantime, you can run the preconfigured dedicated servers to give it a try!  http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/59171-hosting-caves-with-the-preconfigured-servers/

So you're connecting to a rented server, but your client (the game you're actually playing on) is crashing?

Next time it crashes, would you post the file Documents/klei/DoNotStarveTogether/log.txt for the computer that's crashing?

[0000]: Don't Starve Together: 158557 WIN32_STEAM

NNN Build Date: 2015-12-01_11-18-46

[0000]: Parsing command line

[0000]: Command Line Arguments:

[0000]: Initializing Minidump handler

[0000]: ....Done

[0000]: Initializing Steam

[0000]: Steam AppBuildID: 880941

[0000]: Steam BetaName(Branch): []

[0000]: Fixing DPI

[0000]: ...Done

[0000]: THREAD - started 'GAClient' (9732)

[0000]: HttpClient2:lientThread::Main()

[0000]: ProfileIndex:4.55

[0000]: Persistent storage test: documents: true savegames: true

[0000]: [CONNECT] PendingConnection::Reset(true)

[0000]: Network tick rate: U=15(2), D=0

[0000]: Authorized application C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin\dontstarve_steam.exe is enabled in the firewall.

[0000]: WindowsFirewall - Application

[0000]: Don't Starve Together: 158557 WIN32_STEAM

NNN Build Date: 2015-12-01_11-18-46

[0000]: Parsing command line

[0000]: Command Line Arguments:

[0000]: Initializing Minidump handler

[0000]: Initializing Steam

[0000]: Steam AppBuildID: 880941

[0000]: Steam BetaName(Branch): []

[0000]: Fixing DPI

[0000]: ...Done

[0000]: THREAD - started 'GAClient' (9732)

[0000]: HttpClient2:lientThread::Main()

[0000]: ProfileIndex:4.55

[0000]: Persistent storage test: documents: true savegames: true

[0000]: [CONNECT] PendingConnection::Reset(true)

[0000]: Authorized application C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin\dontstarve_steam.exe is enabled in the firewall.

[0000]: WindowsFirewall - Application

sorry about double post but i couldn't find where to edit post but just wanted to add that my friend has the same game freeze/unresponsiveness as me and his log shows something like this repeating :

RakNet detected a missing replica (8888

[00:14:35]: RakNet detected a missing replica (114897)

[00:14:35]: RakNet detected a missing replica (21305 

Archived