Caves Beta - November 13th Update

Added a mod info flag for backwards compatibility. If you specify version_compatible in modinfo.lua, you can update the mod to a new version, but versions of your mod as old as the value specified in version_compatible will be able to join the server without downloading the latest version.

And versions of my mod with low version_compatible won't be able to join the server without downgrading to the old version of the server??? So it's almost useless...

Usually the server has an old version and visitors have the latest version.

Please add ability for users to join the server if server's version >= user's version_compatible.

• Developer

I tried  the pre-configured server and it is really pre-configured from top to buttom i guess. I mean you cannot change slot number, you cannot change name, description of the server and you cannot even put a password... Alright i can understand the other things cuz they are pre-configured but at least it would be optional to put a password..

Once the files have been generated, you should be able to edit settings.ini, worldgenoverrides.lua, and so forth just like on any dedicated server. So it's working fine for you now? If this gives any more trouble or if your changes are getting clobbered, let us know! :)

I've been noticing that bee boxes don't produce honey unless within a screen distance or two. If placed far away from people, the bee boxes just don't produce any honey. I've tested this with bee boxes in the caves under natural light and with plenty of flowers nearby. Hoping that bees will produce honey again far away at least with those conditions.

Odd, I'll look in to this. Thanks!

So i just found this bug.

Dunno if it is already know or not.

Just felt like i should post it.

If you're referring to the fact that the tree is "normal colour", yes, as others have mentioned this is just the way trees look if you hover them with the nightvision goggles on.

Crash when setting Playstyle to Any and then Clicking Players.

Thanks for reporting this, I'll look in to it.

I'd like to know about new patches in real time. How can I do this?

If you look in mainscreen.lua, at MainScreen:UpdateCurrentVersion(), you can see where/how we perform this operation. If that's not specific enough let me know. Also note that url lags behind by up to half an hour but is otherwise reliable. :) (please be kind, don't hammer the URL!)

Once the files have been generated, you should be able to edit settings.ini, worldgenoverrides.lua, and so forth just like on any dedicated server. So it's working fine for you now? If this gives any more trouble or if your changes are getting clobbered, let us know! :-)

Yeah I was having trouble to find the settings.ini file but now it works fine. One issue may be related to jacklul. I was trying to see the server from jacklul and was unable to do so at some point. I dont know what is the reason but it cant be seen there. jacklul.com is not an official website for klei so I should probably forward this to jacklul.

I just wanted to test this easy config server as well and this is really great as everyone gets scared of installing a dedicated server through steamcmd despite the fact that both of the methods are too easy.

Thanks for asking :-).

edit: jacklul.com works fine.. Problem was with me again :razz:..

• Developer

Usually the server has an old version and visitors have the latest version. Please add ability for users to join the server if server's version >= user's version_compatible.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll continue the discussing on the mod thread you created about this feature. Thanks again!

Archived