Possible hint at new Wes skin? ;D

There's a Zombie Wes Vinyl Figure on Klei's Store, and on the box it shows a portrait art of Zombie Wes.  Could this possibly be a future Wes skin seeing how the skin files posted here didn't include a Wes skin?  Would be pretty awesome to have a mute zombie. ;p  unless he's no longer mute because he's not a mime

Here's the pic below:

Zombie_Wes__16_of_8_.jpg

Must be for Halloween I guess, but we still don't have the skin implemented yet much less know what they will alter about the character, for example Pioneer Woodie has an Telescope rather then Lucy in his hand, Wigfrid has a different Helmet "More like a Diadem" and a Spear that really looks quite like an ornament, and lets not forget Webber's Pedigree Persian Cat

Wes:..........."dribbles around silently for brains".......

Must be for Halloween I guess, but we still don't have the skin implemented yet much less know what they will alter about the character, for example Pioneer Woodie has an Telescope rather then Lucy in his hand, Wigfrid has a different Helmet "More like a Diadem" and a Spear that really looks quite like an ornament, and lets not forget Webber's Pedigree Persian Cat

Wes:..........."dribbles around silently for brains".......

My sis and I were talking about that a while back as well.  Klei would have to change a lot about each character to adapt it to their new skins if they're ever implemented.  Young Wilson, for example, wouldn't be able to grow his magnificent beard unless his beard is so magnificent, he's able to grow it as a young kid.  I really like Webber's skin though. xD  The Persian cat<3  I really do hope to see these in-game in the future.

and lets not forget Webber's Pedigree Persian Cat
That Webber skin better see spiders as cats then there will be a reason for me to play webber again, also Wilson's default portrait has a chicken in it and there is no chickens in don't starve just turkeys 

But he could have magnificent hairs ! It would do the trick, no ?

That's a great idea! xD  I think Young Wilson would look extra adorable haha.

That Webber skin better see spiders as cats then there will be a reason for me to play webber again

B-but, why would you kill cats?? D:  Especially Persian Cats.  lol.  I'd imagine the Persian Cat just following Webber around, but won't actually affect any part of the actual game.  It's more like a cosmetic thing, if that makes sense.  I think it'd be cool if the cat had an attack animation whenever Webber attacks something though.

My sis and I were talking about that a while back as well.  Klei would have to change a lot about each character to adapt it to their new skins if they're ever implemented.  Young Wilson, for example, wouldn't be able to grow his magnificent beard unless his beard is so magnificent, he's able to grow it as a young kid.  I really like Webber's skin though. xD  The Persian cat<3  I really do hope to see these in-game in the future.

Indeed, What I think is that in most case, all of the skins WILL be just cosmetic and nothing else will be different about them, The items looks would be changed like the Backpacks are becoming different these days and these will be permanent until the character changes the skin again, and I really don't think the Persian would make it unless it would replace chester cause chester is a Pumpkin Puppy.

and I really don't think the Persian would make it unless it would replace chester cause chester is a Pumpkin Puppy.
Or will the Persian kitty become the catcoons...wait if catcoons hate Webber and spiders why does he have a cat is it the raccoon side of the catcoon making it attack Webber?

Indeed, What I think is that in most case, all of the skins WILL be just cosmetic and nothing else will be different about them, The items looks would be changed like the Backpacks are becoming different these days and these will be permanent until the character changes the skin again, and I really don't think the Persian would make it unless it would replace chester cause chester is a Pumpkin Puppy.

Yeah, I was thinking only the looks of items would change. Would still be cool if the Persian ended up in-game, but like your Wilson's chicken example, it's probably just part of the character portrait art.

I wonder if this Skin/Clothe thing is the only thing Klei is going to introduce, I mean where are the new things as of still?, Skins are cool but only cosmetic, its not like I'm playing Gaia Online now am I?

or trying to get to make different potted ferns, at least the Grave Digger items had something new to say about.

I wonder if this Skin/Clothe thing is the only thing Klei is going to introduce, I mean where are the new things as of still?, Skins are cool but only cosmetic, its not like I'm playing Gaia Online now am I?

or trying to get to make different potted ferns, at least the Grave Digger items had something new to say about.

Oh gosh... I remember when I was addicted to Gaia Online... The economy got so bad, I had to quit going on there. ._____.

I used to draw Avi-Chibi art on their, earned millions of gold with a friend, bought all the expensive stuff and then gave them to newbie Gaians before leaving...

Ayyyyy, I used to do that too! That, and I loved stalking the marketplace for items I could merch. I think my account still has some Chance items in there since buying cheap bundles and selling the pieces individually was an easy profit back then.

Ayyyyy, I used to do that too! That, and I loved stalking the marketplace for items I could merch. I think my account still has some Chance items in there since buying cheap bundles and selling the pieces individually was an easy profit back then.

Yeah but you can't earn real money, Gaia has a VERY strict Policy where you can't get real money/Gaia Cash from anyone and even providing a link to an external source will get you banned, for artists like me Commissions matter a lot but if gets us nothing in real its worthless, The same is with Don't Starve, if we are trying to play a game that doesn't give us anything but different clothes to wear or skins to use as only Cosmetics and no gameplay advantage its worthless then.

• Developer

I love the new Wes figure, but one thing eludes me: Why does his shirt look like a red hazmat suit? Doesn't it with the black bars on his arms and front pocket? Also I'm pretty sure there's a zipper on the front, but those already existed by 1917.

He reminds me of Michael Jackson in his Thriller video clip, heh..

I love the new Wes figure, but one thing eludes me: Why does his shirt look like a red hazmat suit? Doesn't it with the black bars on his arms and front pocket? Also I'm pretty sure there's a zipper on the front, but those already existed by 1917. 

Duh, it's obviously an Aperture Science Jumpsuit from the 1920s part in Portal 2. And it's orange. Do not start a new dress trend. IS THE SUIT ORANGE OR RED?

Yeah but you can't earn real money, Gaia has a VERY strict Policy where you can't get real money/Gaia Cash from anyone and even providing a link to an external source will get you banned, for artists like me Commissions matter a lot but if gets us nothing in real its worthless, The same is with Don't Starve, if we are trying to play a game that doesn't give us anything but different clothes to wear or skins to use as only Cosmetics and no gameplay advantage its worthless then.

I'm aware of Gaia's RLC policy, hence why I left the community. Though, I'm not sure if artists still do this, but I did see a lot of artists taking RLC in the art forums. And I do agree with you about DST skins; I'd much rather see new content than just cosmetics.

I'm aware of Gaia's RLC policy, hence why I left the community. Though, I'm not sure if artists still do this, but I did see a lot of artists taking RLC in the art forums. And I do agree with you about DST skins; I'd much rather see new content than just cosmetics.

It does work out to some extent but only if you keep it real low and away from Gaia, DST is a Game, not a Social Network that everything is being made out of these days.

Archived