Adventure mode is coming!

So UnionGaming told me that a file called (I think) prefabs.lua had appeared in DST out of nowhere. He said this file included all the adventure mode stuff. Have not checked it myself yet because I didn't have time, but if anyone else can, please be sure to confirm/dismiss this.

So UnionGaming told me that a file called (I think) prefabs.lua had appeared in DST out of nowhere. He said this file included all the adventure mode stuff. Have not checked it myself yet because I didn't have time, but if anyone else can, please be sure to confirm/dismiss this.

T'was qrefabs.xmI in the main foIder. It contained every qart of adventure mode right near the toq.

May not be new, but Iast time I checked, it was not there.

(Yay broken keys.)

Just because the info was added doesn't necessarily mean we're going to get it anytime in the vaguely near future, so I wouldn't get too excited yet. Caves becoming functional does simultaneously effect some of the reasons adventure mode would be awkward, but there's still others.

In any case I doubt we'd be seeing it until awhile after they finish up caves.

It wouldn't make sense to edit the list of prefabs to exclude Adventure Mode content. Debunked.

In fact, the majority of caves and adventure mode levels prefabs were being added into the game as a part of the networking implementation on objects, sending data to the client so you couldn't see an Ancient Guardian stripped naked, invisible to the client eye. This happened in a ninja update on 24 february.

The devs were probably feeling comfortable enough to prepare the terrain for the caves content, or were preparing for the delayed implementation plans, and preferred not to backtrack the ported prefabs which were unable to respond to any other computer than that of the host's. You would literally have invisible sources of damage as mobs. The fact that the ruins are listed in the xml file may leak the devs' intention to drop all the massive chunk of content at us in one single  update. Which is nice.

The same first date, which would be 24 february, also pumped out exclusive content and scenarios to AM to the surface. Lots of prefabs were slightly modified, lots were not touched, and the time I saw these additions I was extremely excited. But in fact they were doing the same thing as with the cave implementation; they were preparing terrain so they wouldn't have to backtrack.

The prefabs.xml list was then updated on 21st August, which is... predictable. As Flare said, it's more likely that it wouldn't make sense to edit out bits of content, as they'd have to put it back in in following updates, as they progressed in the development. And it is to be considered that between the implementation of the caves, the shipwrecked meetings between Clay and Kapi and the through the ages draft concepts, we can expect Adventure Mode to be released unexpectedly soon, or unexpectedly late.

In fact, the majority of caves and adventure mode levels prefabs were being added into the game as a part of the networking implementation on objects, sending data to the client so you couldn't see an Ancient Guardian stripped naked, invisible to the client eye. This happened in a ninja update on 24 february.

The devs were probably feeling comfortable enough to prepare the terrain for the caves content, or were preparing for the delayed implementation plans, and preferred not to backtrack the ported prefabs which were unable to respond to any other computer than that of the host's. You would literally have invisible sources of damage as mobs. The fact that the ruins are listed in the xml file may leak the devs' intention to drop all the massive chunk of content at us in one single  update. Which is nice.

The same first date, which would be 24 february, also pumped out exclusive content and scenarios to AM to the surface. Lots of prefabs were slightly modified, lots were not touched, and the time I saw these additions I was extremely excited. But in fact they were doing the same thing as with the cave implementation; they were preparing terrain so they wouldn't have to backtrack.

The prefabs.xml list was then updated on 21st August, which is... predictable. As Flare said, it's more likely that it wouldn't make sense to edit out bits of content, as they'd have to put it back in in following updates, as they progressed in the development. And it is to be considered that between the implementation of the caves, the shipwrecked meetings between Clay and Kapi and the through the ages draft concepts, we can expect Adventure Mode to be released unexpectedly soon, or unexpectedly late.

Or never. Why edit out tiny insignificant prefabs when you can just port over everything?

Or never. Why edit out tiny insignificant prefabs when you can just port over everything?

This works well as a possibility I left out. It could be the truth, whatever the opinion may be.

It's not rare for Klei to leave behind unused/scrapped files after all, you just have to look at Pyro.

Or the unassembled tex file for the tesla tree. This game does have a lot of files to mantain, after all.

I'm inclined to believe it wasn't pointless, however. The devs said, at one point, that they want to port every bit of content out of the main game as long as it fits the multiplayer perspective; which may honestly mean nothing for Adventure Mode until an official statement on this comes out. An initiative could pop up (see the "don't stave won't have multiplayer" faq answer for more on this) and repurpose/redesign AM from its roots.

Okay, so it might NOt be coming. I think that it shouldn't (if that fits the story) so that there would be a reason to play single player too. Though if that is the case, I wonder what, in terms of story would have happened to the Maxwell's door; would it be shattered? Did Wilson get out and hammer the thing? :p

Okay, so it might NOt be coming. I think that it shouldn't (if that fits the story) so that there would be a reason to play single player too. Though if that is the case, I wonder what, in terms of story would have happened to the Maxwell's door; would it be shattered? Did Wilson get out and hammer the thing? :razz:

that's a non-reason

Sorry to rain on the parade, but this file has been there forever. Go look at single-player's files.

I'm guessing it has something to do with telling the game what files and assets to load, but it's almost certainly handled by the C++ code so I'm not 100% sure. But that's what's in it.

(I wrote this when there were just two responses here and then got sidetracked instead of submitting for some reason. But it still applies, I guess)

Sorry to rain on the parade, but this file has been there forever. Go look at single-player's files.

I'm guessing it has something to do with telling the game what files and assets to load, but it's almost certainly handled by the C++ code so I'm not 100% sure. But that's what's in it.

(I wrote this when there were just two responses here and then got sidetracked instead of submitting for some reason. But it still applies, I guess)

*cries*

Archived