[QUESTION] Best way to kill Bearger

Hi guys !

My friends and I just passed summer for the first time, pretty cool ! But before disconnecting, we heard a giant, probably the Bearger and I had multiple question about it ! I read a lot of post about it, but can't figure out some stuffs.

First question : giving him food will please him, but what about monster meat, or jerky meat ? I understood that we can poison him but how many monster meat did I need to give him to make sure to kill him ?

Second question : if i aggro him and kite him into the woods, how much time it would take for the treeguard to spawn and kill him ? is this a good solution ?

We already kill Deerclops and Goose, but we don't have a pan flute anymore, or sleeping dart, and we don't have enough gunpowder to kill him, that's why i'm asking you those questions.

Thank you for your answers, sorry for my bad english (feel free to correct my mistakes) !

Adding onto what Asparagus posted, if you are having trouble kiting him and don't have a cane (or can't be bothered to keep switching) fighting him on a road can also help.

If you're not feeling particularly brave or under-prepared, you could always try to lead him somewhere else. 

Is he possible to battle in the winter? I tried engaging him once, but he'd wake up, yawn (which put Wolfgang to sleep) and then whack me until I woke up. I'd try to wander away in a sleepy stupor but then he'd yawn again and do the same. Granted, I spawned him in because I was playing with my little cousin and wanted to show her the cool things in the game. Any explanation?

Is he possible to battle in the winter? I tried engaging him once, but he'd wake up, yawn (which put Wolfgang to sleep) and then whack me until I woke up. I'd try to wander away in a sleepy stupor but then he'd yawn again and do the same. Granted, I spawned him in because I was playing with my little cousin and wanted to show her the cool things in the game. Any explanation?

Working as intended. You need to kill him in autumn before he goes into hibernation mode in the winter. Otherwise you have to wait until summer.

Working as intended. You need to kill him in autumn before he goes into hibernation mode in the winter. Otherwise you have to wait until summer.

That makes sense, but it still leaves the problem of guaranteed death if you disturb him in winter, at least that's what happened to me. I aggroed him, he hit me a couple times, yawned (we both fell asleep), he woke up immediately and hit me awake, I tried to get away, he yawned again, same thing until I died, or rather, turned on godmode. Was his behavior of putting me to sleep and then instantly awaking to hit me again just a bug?

So i suceed to kill Bearger using treeguards. I kite him into a forest and wait for him to crush all trees around. It took 3 treeguards to kill him, nearly 2 days (lucky me, it was full moon at night) and a few blow dart. He just destroyed a ice flingomatic, so nothing too important for now.

Thanks for all your advice !

Archived