Is it possible to kill Lavae via Water balloons?

@XirmiX, Why on earth didn't YOU just test it? You have the game. 

• Started Server
  • c_godmode()
  • c_give("waterballoon",100)
  • c_gonext("dragonfly")
  • Didn't work.
  • c_gonext("lightninggoat")
  • c_speedmult(10)
  • Found Dragonfly.
  • c_give("gunpowder",40)
  • c_give("flute")
  • Gunpowder'd Dragonfly
  • She starts spawning Lavae
  • Threw 100 water balloons at Lavae
  • Tried to focus on one specific Lavae
  • Named him Milo
  • Many of the balloons hit Milo but due to the constant attacks some missed

Result, Milo took 50+ water balloons like a champ and is still alive to this day. If they do kill Lavae it is very inefficient.

If Klei feels like it's worth their time, considering the plentitude they are currently working on, it would make sense for wetness to hurt lavae over time, like similar to how burning hurts everything else. The only trouble might be if you hatch a lavae from the egg, it might be cumbersome keeping it alive in Spring or during other heavy rains. Maybe put the idea in the Suggestions and Feedback category. It's worth a look for sure

I'm going to give this thread some extra use and suggest that water balloons and rain(although I don't think it should rain in deserts) force a different state on the Dragonfly N' Family in that they become weaker, bluer and less aggressive. Other cold stuff should also have that effect. Maybe force them to flee to the pool of lava.

Could also happen passively during winter.

I'm going to give this thread some extra use and suggest that water balloons and rain(although I don't think it should rain in deserts) force a different state on the Dragonfly N' Family in that they become weaker, bluer and less aggressive. Other cold stuff should also have that effect. Maybe force them to flee to the pool of lava.

I think that could be a valid addition instead of just changing how the health works. It forces a little more planning, sure, but I think it's a good idea.

That's it, everyone agrees... now... how do we make it meta?

What do you mean? I'm not agreeing anything.

It's already in the game, dragonfly has a moisture component.

Meta: fight Dragonfly during Spring, I guess?

What do you mean? I'm not agreeing anything. It's already in the game, dragonfly has a moisture component.

Alright >_> 

Meta: fight Dragonfly during Spring, I guess?

Alright!! :D

*heavy rain*

*weapon slips from hand*

:T

Football helmet vs Eyebrella... hmm... hambat/cane vs umbrella... armor vs raincoat...

Autumn... I'll just fight her in autumn O__O or when it's not raining heavily...

I feel that rain and water balloons should harm Lavae.

And yes, sorry for my laziness, but I really couldn't be asked to test it myself.

I like that, the rain should be a problem for the dragonfly, or even the snow, the weather should have positive and negative effects on her to add more strategy to the fight, take advantage of the rain and snow to fight with the dragonfly can make more interesting, things like less speed on winter or less larvae with rain, and the summer could work like a health or strong boost for the dragonfly, or maybe at the opposite, for example: she could stay in permanent rage mode on winter to stay warm and she could be less aggressive on summer, even a total change of comportment or loot depending of the season like the bearger on winter can make more intense the battle

I agree that it shouldn't rain in the desert.

Considering that the Dragonfly is the summer giant it would make sense for it to be weakened in winter when it is cold.

I think the lavae should definitely get hurt from rain and water. But the dragonfly isn't made of lava, should why should it get actual damage in the rain? Maybe it should be weakened for sure, but not hurt. I also think the winter idea is good, maybe in the winter the dragonfly turns pale and shivering!

I think the lavae should definitely get hurt from rain and water. But the dragonfly isn't made of lava, should why should it get actual damage in the rain? Maybe it should be weakened for sure, but not hurt. I also think the winter idea is good, maybe in the winter the dragonfly turns pale and shivering!

I don't think anybody here mentioned the idea of Dragonfly being hurt by rain. Lavae does grow into Dragonflies eventually (assumably), though Scales grow on them over time, I'd say. So, Dragonflie's rage mode should be the thing that gets "extinguished" I'd say from rain or waterballoons...

Archived