Theories of Jury Rigged Portal and Through The Ages

A recent video I watched was a 2007 Zeitgeist movement video and it described how religion most likely evolved and from what. It mentioned that the word "Ages" has a lot to do with astrology. Astrology in reality might be a load of bolocks, but in terms of Don't Starve, the universe evolving around magic, there might be a connection here... Notice that during the DST puzzle, the third part of the puzzle has a lot to do with stars and their correlations. Astrology is about this sort of thing, and since by this kind of "science" Wilson built the Jury Rigged Portal, the name of the expabsion for DST would be no wonder to be called Through The AGES. How do ages relate to this and Astrology? The way Astrology works with ages is that a set of 2150 years is a period of an age. Right now, according to Astrology, we're in the time of Pices age (That's what I can remember, so tell me if I'm wrong and if I spelt it incorrectly). This will last up till 2150 AD when we will enter the next age. Whether when Wilson built the Jury Rigged Portal was way far at year 2150, idk, however, in relation to the Jury Rigged Portal, I think that Through The Ages will not only bring us something to do when worlds go on for hundreds or thousands of days, but will also reveal the connection with Astrology even more.

More to that, another theory I propose is that the Jury Rigged Portal, doesn't just include materials such from the Deerclops which are clearly visible on the outaide of the portal, which makes up the portal, but rather it includes body pieces of all 4 giants. Why I think that? Consider that formely, giants, in single player were season based. The 4 giants represent the 4 seasons, which also have a lot to do with Astrology. Another indicator is that the Teleportato, which is another type of portal also uses 4 portable key pieces in order to be assembled (which one could represent which season, I do not know exactly, but I would say that the Crank thing being in a srt piece with savanna turf, which is more related to heat could represent Summer, Metal potato thing representing Spring, since the set piece is most commonly found in swamp or near swamp or because it has farms in the set piece and grow of crops if commonly related to Spring, Box thing representing Winter, since mini glaciers, when a world is generated, spawn in a rocky biome of the same kind of turf the set piece has or basically that it has the most cooling elements to it out of the lot and what we're left with is the Ring thing representing Autumn as it is the only one left, however the evil flower surroundings could indicate the leafy trees being in such darker and browner tone).

But hei, that's just a theory, a Game The... (am I allowed to say that phrase out loud for it to not be copyrighted?)

So if you have anything to say on this or if anything else arises to your head, please be sure to post your responses. I think we could get a little ahead of what devs expect us to understand if we try to use some tiny bit of reason into our theories.

A recent video I watched was a 2007 Zeitgeist movement video and it described how religion most likely evolved and from what. It mentioned that the word "Ages" has a lot to do with astrology. Astrology in reality might be a load of bolocks, but in terms of Don't Starve, the universe evolving around magic, there might be a connection here... Notice that during the DST puzzle, the third part of the puzzle has a lot to do with stars and their correlations. Astrology is about this sort of thing, and since by this kind of "science" Wilson built the Jury Rigged Portal, the name of the expabsion for DST would be no wonder to be called Through The AGES. How do ages relate to this and Astrology? The way Astrology works with ages is that a set of 2150 years is a period of an age. Right now, according to Astrology, we're in the time of Pices age (That's what I can remember, so tell me if I'm wrong and if I spelt it incorrectly). This will last up till 2150 AD when we will enter the next age. Whether when Wilson built the Jury Rigged Portal was way far at year 2150, idk, however, in relation to the Jury Rigged Portal, I think that Through The Ages will not only bring us something to do when worlds go on for hundreds or thousands of days, but will also reveal the connection with Astrology even more.

More to that, another theory I propose is that the Jury Rigged Portal, doesn't just include materials such from the Deerclops which are clearly visible on the outaide of the portal, which makes up the portal, but rather it includes body pieces of all 4 giants. Why I think that? Consider that formely, giants, in single player were season based. The 4 giants represent the 4 seasons, which also have a lot to do with Astrology. Another indicator is that the Teleportato, which is another type of portal also uses 4 portable key pieces in order to be assembled (which one could represent which season, I do not know exactly, but I would say that the Crank thing being in a srt piece with savanna turf, which is more related to heat could represent Summer, Metal potato thing representing Spring, since the set piece is most commonly found in swamp or near swamp or because it has farms in the set piece and grow of crops if commonly related to Spring, Box thing representing Winter, since mini glaciers, when a world is generated, spawn in a rocky biome of the same kind of turf the set piece has or basically that it has the most cooling elements to it out of the lot and what we're left with is the Ring thing representing Autumn as it is the only one left, however the evil flower surroundings could indicate the leafy trees being in such darker and browner tone).

But hei, that's just a theory, a Game The... (am I allowed to say that phrase out loud for it to not be copyrighted?)

So if you have anything to say on this or if anything else arises to your head, please be sure to post your responses. I think we could get a little ahead of what devs expect us to understand if we try to use some tiny bit of reason into our theories.

I do have a few things to say

1. Catchphrases cannot be copyrighted but can be trademarked, they can still be referenced but cannot be officially used, the game theory catchphrase is not trademarked as that's a lot of money

2. I think through the ages just means that they've been on the island a while and have gotten smarter, more resourceful, etc.

I think it will contain a new crafting structure, one without magic and more of real stuff, hence beefalo saddles, and perhaps even some Industrialism, I mean, look at the game "The Blockheads" (A 2D minecraft spoof for smartphone devices) The game dumps you into a completely uncivilized area and with one person (you can actually get yourself more characters to speed things up but its expensive) and eventually you can get from dirt shelters to marble mansions and solar panels, climbing walls to elevators, riding donkeys to taking trains, all by one person. The game actually made those features quite realistic to get for the setting of the game, yet managed to keep the actual natural items quite low. It featured many different crafting structures, more than I can count, each one could get progressively leveled up with better minerals/items and what not.

A steam engine wouldn't be too hard for don't starve, perhaps add buckets so you can get water from ponds (meaning you'd have another reason to go there besides fish and frog grinding) and charcoal, etc. Don't Starve already has the the ability to do all these things, in fact, it can do tons more things. It is fully capable of industrialism, it'd just take a ridiculously long time to get all the ingredients together.

I do have a few things to say

1. Catchphrases cannot be copyrighted but can be trademarked, they can still be referenced but cannot be officially used, the game theory catchphrase is not trademarked as that's a lot of money

2. I think through the ages just means that they've been on the island a while and have gotten smarter, more resourceful, etc.

I think it will contain a new crafting structure, one without magic and more of real stuff, hence beefalo saddles, and perhaps even some Industrialism, I mean, look at the game "The Blockheads" (A 2D minecraft spoof for smartphone devices) The game dumps you into a completely uncivilized area and with one person (you can actually get yourself more characters to speed things up but its expensive) and eventually you can get from dirt shelters to marble mansions and solar panels, climbing walls to elevators, riding donkeys to taking trains, all by one person. The game actually made those features quite realistic to get for the setting of the game, yet managed to keep the actual natural items quite low. It featured many different crafting structures, more than I can count, each one could get progressively leveled up with better minerals/items and what not.

A steam engine wouldn't be too hard for don't starve, perhaps add buckets so you can get water from ponds (meaning you'd have another reason to go there besides fish and frog grinding) and charcoal, etc. Don't Starve already has the the ability to do all these things, in fact, it can do tons more things. It is fully capable of industrialism, it'd just take a ridiculously long time to get all the ingredients together.

1) Oh I see...

2) Oh, so you're thinking it'll be kind of like an overhaul and where new mechanics are implemented? I hope it doesn't make my second mod project useless (doubt it will though... The stuff that I've planned already doe :3 ). Kind of confused about what you mean by "industrial". Are you thinking that TTA would make it so that DS world would eventually contain elements a lot like factory work or something?

1) Oh I see...

2) Oh, so you're thinking it'll be kind of like an overhaul and where new mechanics are implemented? I hope it doesn't make my second mod project useless (doubt it will though... The stuff that I've planned already doe :3 ). Kind of confused about what you mean by "industrial". Are you thinking that TTA would make it so that DS world would eventually contain elements a lot like factory work or something?

Electricity. Engines, flywheels. The kind of stuff in the days of the cotton gin, nothing spectacular.

I've always been all for the idea of eventually being able to craft more large scale, modern, high tech stuff that could massive help you. But I think they should be extremely difficult to create, as in it would have to be at least day 500 or something before you can even consider trying to create something so advanced.

I think through the ages refers more not to the future of DS, but the past. I think they'll work on more lore about the origins of the ruins, and the true "god" of the world. I don't think Maxwell has complete control over the world, because if he did why would he be a playable character, subject to death among other things? I think TTA will go more in depth about charlie, the shadow creatures, and creating more mystical magical powerful items.

My only theory is that Through the ages will expand the time system and the world will start to age I mean really age like new periods of time to take over - stone age , bronze age , iron age and so on and every period to add new items monsters and so on but this is a pretty wild guess from my part so ... im just dreaming at this point .

I think TTA might bring light to the unknown rather than evolution , more like what happenned in these times that we dont know than lets just skip forward and see whats in the future

Why not both?

Maybe it will explain where the Merms came from. Although I doubt it, since they existed before Maxwell got here.......!!!!!

Wait! What if TTA allows you to play on a world starting before Maxwell was even there, with nothing but the Merms and dust and the ruins and junk around, then through maxwells reign, then onward into Wilsons (which still confuses me, if he's on the throne how did he make the jury-rigged portal? How is he still running around doing anything, and finally, doesn't that just make the jury rigged portal a super efficient, since it's being used more than once, version of the door in forbidden knowledge? Anyways). And then onward as the world maybe falls into mayhem since apparently no one is actually on the throne right now.

I think that would be neat. If you could see the civilization of the ruins before they were ruined, see their downfall, and watch as the world changes under new leadership.

Archived