N00B's PvP Competition

This is a follow up of the previous competition held in early Spring. You can visit that forum discussion here:
http://forums.kleien...vp-competition/

A few of you might remember me. If not, this is Your Local N00B. This competition is a get together for the community and have a bit of fun. Just like the last comp, there will be a 1v1 arena and a survival mode.

Server: Gaming-Servers.net PVP

Event date: Saturday, July 11

Time: 2:00 PM PST / 4:00 PM CST / 5:00 PM EST

Same as last time, it seemed to work well.

​There will be 2 competitions

If you only want to participate in one of these please clarify otherwise you will be signed up for both

PVP

• Wigfrid is banned from the arena tourney.
  • You will be teleported to an arena with one other opponent
  • Fight to the death
  • You are given a specific amount of armor, weapons, and food items, including some sort of healing (use this to your own advantage example-if playing Wolfgang you could eat the butter become super strong and hopefully kill all players before you run out of food)
  • Last survivor equals winner

The specific items are subject to change, but N00B currently has decided upon:

• Football Helmet x1
  • Log Suit x1
  • Butter x5
  • Honey poultice x5
  • Spear x2
  • Torch x2

Survival of the fittest  

• This is to test your skills at survival and fighting
  • Rules below

Rules:

• Pick any character
  • PvP/hunger games begin at world day 6, PvP will be off until day 6
  • If you die, please stay within the game for sanity reasoning and odds against the survivors
  • If you require to kill a target, you must find them

Point system (may not be official):

Killing a player - 15 points

Reviving a player - 10 points (You can not kill them after it will not count)

Killing Your Local N00B - bonus 5 points (20 points total)

Getting killed by PvP or PvE - -50 points

Killing player you just revived - -50 points

Disconnecting or combat logging- -15 points

Killing players before day 6- -50 points

Staff:
 Your Local N00B

SuperPsiPower

Bunny

PvP Arena

Your Local N00B

Flare2v
SuperPsiPower
Dippers
LeopardFlowers
Mario384
Smallishbird
Bunny
Xuru000
Darn
XopherPM

Survival

Your Local N00B
Flare2v
Dippers
LeopardFlowers
Mario384
Bunny
Smallishbird
SuperPsiPower
Xuru000
Darn
XopherPM

Post in this thread if:

Interested in signing up to which event.
Questions as we will try to provide as much clarity to you
Rule changes

Remember, this is a community based server with your opinions and input. Fun or interesting changes that sway away from vanilla can be a whole new experience.

Super interested in participating, both events. One thing you might want to change is your gear for the PvP matches. Each match could go on for a solid half hour and that is gonna take hella long. Maybe reduce the amount of armour each player gets?

What will you do if the players are using macros or scripts?

It shouldn't be a problem, I have only run into one person using macros in DST. But if we find that there is a player using macros/scripts they will be banned and disqualified from the competition.

Is it really going to be PvP or just the usual teams ganging up against solo players?

It will be a 1v1 arena smackdown, the only thing you can gang up an enemy with is with the nature itself!

The first round that is (the PvP-only match). The survival PvP one will probably have teams (more likely than not).

I updated the rules today, it should all be final unless there is a last second change for whatever reason. The name of the server is Gaming-Servers.net PVP. I'll post the password to the server on this forum page the day of the competition.

PvP arenas

If it's not too late I'd like to throw my hat into both competitions.

Sorry for the late notice, I saw this a while ago but I wasn't sure I could make the time.

A couple questions:

1)What are your thoughts on the MiniMap:ShowArea command? I don't like it, but in a competitive game I'd use it if it's legal. (Can the host even tell if someone uses this?)

2)Lately most pvp-centric games seem to be a race to the PanFlute. If that's fine with everyone then I'm ok with it, but maybe you could think about removing it.

If it's not too late I'd like to throw my hat into both competitions.

Sorry for the late notice, I saw this a while ago but I wasn't sure I could make the time.

A couple questions:

1)What are your thoughts on the MiniMap:ShowArea command? I don't like it, but in a competitive game I'd use it if it's legal. (Can the host even tell if someone uses this?)

2)Lately most pvp-centric games seem to be a race to the PanFlute. If that's fine with everyone then I'm ok with it, but maybe you could think about removing it.

It's alright, I'll add you to the list.

1. This command will allow for Wigfrids to find panflute, Wickers to find graveyard, and WX players to find Chess set piece for gears all by day one. Its OP. I don't want anyone to use this, but I'm not sure if Sindex will be able to know if anyone uses this command since its local. There is bound to be a few people who will use this command anyway :/

2. It might be a better idea for me to remove the Pan Flute at the start of the competition, I'm glad you brought this up.

Remember everyone, the event is today at 2:00 PM PST / 4:00 PM CST / 5:00 PM ESTI will post the password to the server on this thread just before it starts. You can also watch the event on flare2v.tv. You can not play as Wigfrid on the PvP arena round as it will simply take too long. Pan Flute will be removed from the game and the reveal map command will not work. :-)

Oh and the name of the server is Gaming-Servers.net PVP

Archived