[Mod] Dr. Kit Pedler

Hello, on Steam now: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=557032534

with only one loadout and similiar to one in alpha build "+2KO melee" ability, improved pics, and some bio fanfiction

And as .zip here:

DrPedler.zip

fix.png

augment:

+2KO melee but melee cost 3 movement points, extra noise from running and KO resistance, can carry extra item without encumbrance, and slightly better in dragging bodies.

extra: door slamming for 2PWR and 1 movement point (knocks out anyone(!) right behind door, noisy, for emergencies)

sparks, when hitted

items:

1) scan grenades for 1PWR each one (unlimited, alternative to peeking, when you need movement more than power)

2) basic disruptor but with +1PWR side effect

P.S. speeches all taken from cybermen from Dr.Who, new items/abilities named in the way to not interfere with possible updates. Scan grenades added to stores.

Install: unzip into InvisibleInc\mods\

DrPedler.zip

русская версия - в папке ru_lang, смотрите инструкцию внутри

Special thanks to 
Sogaple for English text rework 
AndrewRi for Russian text rework.

pics/collages packed in .kwad:

Spoiler

team_select_1_pedler.pngpedler_64x64.pngpedler_1024.png

It's made from default pics of Tony and Monst3r, and based on pic from alpha:

Spoiler

pedler.jpg

I didn't find how to modify conversations yet.

About power, I know how make it eat power when activated, but don't know how to make it drains per shot.

Should it use power? Shield is life saver, plus shields stacks, sound like good idea.

At first I tested it at Expert, but switched to Expert Plus since then and try to keep it playable/useful and ~fun with only 5pwr at start (that's why scan-grenades goes cheaper and augment starts to give more power), with thought that people who want to use mods probably played vanilla game a lot and ready to play plus difficulties.

Mmmmh how about it drains 5 powers when activated and each turn its on?

Or like you could set it on different levels upon activation?

like at 5 powers it would deflect only one shot, 10 powers 2 shots, 15 powers 3 shots?

or like 1 powers one shot, 5 powers 2 shots, and 10 powers 3 shots?

Power cost, if there will be one, should be meaningful but not too big, so item doesn't start to be a brick in a pocket that will never have a right moment to be used (I really can't use flurry-gun at plus difficulties for example - feel it too unefficient, and it ends as just decoration for Nika).

Imagine you press "random" and it will give dynamo+brimstone, cost should be relatively affordable. 5 power start with fusion provides interesting scenario when you need hunt for power at start too. I want to have "window" or chance to use it even with low-power loadout.

mmmmh how about a shield that deflects all the shots for one turn?

but that then has a long cooldown like 10?

Initially I wanted it, but failed to make it dissappear after turn >_<

Start understanding lua a bit better since then, maybe it will work next time.

Hey does anyone happen to know where the code for anatomy analysis is located?

I mean the part that contains the instructions for it.

I am working on a mod (of your mod... I heard you like mods...) and I am specifically looking for the part where the code says it costs 3 PWR per kill I would like to modify it so that if you have an augment it only costs 1 PWR.

I also did this with subdermal cloak I don't know if this is the cleanest way to do it:

augment_subdermal_cloak = util.extend( augment_template )	{		name = STRINGS.ITEMS.AUGMENTS.SUBDERMAL_CLOAK,		desc = STRINGS.ITEMS.AUGMENTS.SUBDERMAL_CLOAK_TIP, 		flavor = STRINGS.ITEMS.AUGMENTS.SUBDERMAL_CLOAK_FLAVOR,		keyword = "STIM", 		traits = util.extend( DEFAULT_AUGMENT_TRAITS ){		if unit:countAugments( "augment_kpctech" ) > 0 then			pwrCost = 3,			else			pwrCost = 5,			end --not sure if an "end" should go here		},					value = 400,		profile_icon = "gui/icons/item_icons/items_icon_small/icon-item_generic_torso_small.png",    	profile_icon_100 = "gui/icons/item_icons/icon-item_generic_torso.png",				},	 

Thanks in advance.

It's written in

desc= STRINGS.ITEMS.AUGMENTS.ANATOMY_ANALYSIS_TIP

ie ANATOMY_ANALYSIS_TIP in strings.lua, items like tazers take it from trait pwrCost, maybe it could work here too?

or you need search in

\scripts\sim\engine.lua (1 hit):

Line 1332:    elseif sourceUnit and sourceUnit:countAugments("augment_anatomy_analysis") > 0 and sourceUnit:getPlayerOwner():getCpus() > 3 then

it's Notepad++ find it

looks like most interesting game changing stuff happening in engine.lua, for example right after anatomy analysis is curious code for power backpack for heavy guards, upd: it's code that make 6 turns KO when they attacked in back, hmmm, never seen it working in game, need test

or you need search in

\scripts\sim\engine.lua (1 hit):

Line 1332:    elseif sourceUnit and sourceUnit:countAugments("augment_anatomy_analysis") > 0 and sourceUnit:getPlayerOwner():getCpus() > 3 then

it's Notepad++ find it

Many thanks! Thanks to you I could find it. So how about something like this:

the commented parts are the code I added.

if targetUnit:getTraits().improved_heart_monitor then        self:dispatchEvent( simdefs.EV_UNIT_FLOAT_TXT, {txt= STRINGS.UI.FLY_TXT.IMPROVED_HEART_MONITOR,x=x1,y=y1,color={r=1,g=1,b=41/255,a=1}} )    --elseif sourceUnit and sourceUnit:countAugments("augment_anatomy_analysis") > 0 and sourceUnit and sourceUnit:countAugments("augment_kpctech") > 0 and sourceUnit:getPlayerOwner():getCpus() > 1 then        --if targetUnit:getTraits().heartMonitor and ( not dmgt.ko or self:getParams().difficultyOptions.alarmRaisedOnKO ) and not dmgt.noTargetAlert then        --    targetUnit:getTraits().heartMonitor = "disabled"        --    local x1, y1 = sourceUnit:getLocation()        --    sourceUnit:getPlayerOwner():addCPUs(-1, self, x1, y1)        --end --watch out for that end!    elseif sourceUnit and sourceUnit:countAugments("augment_anatomy_analysis") > 0 and sourceUnit:getPlayerOwner():getCpus() > 3 then        if targetUnit:getTraits().heartMonitor and ( not dmgt.ko or self:getParams().difficultyOptions.alarmRaisedOnKO ) and not dmgt.noTargetAlert then                         targetUnit:getTraits().heartMonitor = "disabled"            local x1, y1 = sourceUnit:getLocation()            sourceUnit:getPlayerOwner():addCPUs(-3, self, x1, y1)        end    end  

Its incredible what a little if statement can do on a code.

By the way, I would like to get this doubt off me. Every if-elseif-else statement sets must end with an "end" keyword, right? and when should you "end " and when "end, " ?

Archived