Question, can you spawn in an explosion?

"houndfire", "explode_small", and the earthquake is an event made by the quaker component, not a prefab.

Although "explode_small" is just the fx, you gonna need something with the explosive component to generate the effects of an explosion.

I have a request, can someone who is good at mods make this:

The Maxwell Tooth Trap from adventure mode, when activated, triggers the explosions, effectively making it a mine

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Maxwell%27s_Tooth_Trap

Prefab: "trap_teeth_maxwell", c_spawn"gunpowder".components.explosive:OnBurnt()

I would be very VERY impressed if this is possible

Wouldn't need to spawn a gunpowder explosion with a mod.  Just make a new prefab that mostly duplicates Maxwell's tooth traps but has a wider area of effect, more damage, and uses an explosion animation.  Doesn't even need an explosive component, unless they're supposed to be flammable.  Which could be useful.  Suppose an enemy set up a minefield; rather than traversing it, you could set it off from a safe distance with a fire staff, if you have one. 

I'd take a try at it (maybe make Maxwell's mosquito mines while I'm at it), but I don't have DST so I wouldn't be able to test it.

(Any such mines should probably be made not to trigger when small creatures approach.  Real landmines require something like 8 pounds of pressure, which is part of why APOPO is training mine-sweeping 2-3 lb. giant pouched rats.  There's already a flag or component or somesuch for small creatures that traps use to identify viable targets, so it'd be easy to check.)

I have a request, can someone who is good at mods make this:

The Maxwell Tooth Trap from adventure mode, when activated, triggers the explosions, effectively making it a mine

http://dont-starve-g...ll's_Tooth_Trap

Prefab: "trap_teeth_maxwell", c_spawn"gunpowder".components.explosive:OnBurnt()

I would be very VERY impressed if this is possible

Okay.

Archived