Theory for the Crock pot food insta-rotting.

There have been fixes over and over again for the rotting bug. I think I might have found the problem. Often when you have a stack of something good, like berries or meat and they go spoiled, you want to make the best out of them. So you plop as many of them as you can before they spoil into the crock pots to cook and make something like meatballs. But here's the thing; you put spoiled food in crock pots to cook, and do you know what happens WHILE the food is cooking? May be one of the foods which you plop for cooking in crock pot rots while the meal is cooking! This could explain why the food in crock pot gives rot instantly or rots after a few seconds.

But hei, that's just a Theory, a Ga... wait, that would be copyright, right?

@XirmiX, That does cause rot to form, but there have also been cases where (in single-player RoG) I've put in pretty fresh ingredients all around (honey and meat all above half spoilage), and gotten rot. I've yet to see it in DST RoG though, but I'll keep looking.

@XirmiX, That does cause rot to form, but there have also been cases where (in single-player RoG) I've put in pretty fresh ingredients all around (honey and meat all above half spoilage), and gotten rot. I've yet to see it in DST RoG though, but I'll keep looking.

I was always under the impression crock pot food only turned to rot while it was snowing. Maybe this is the case?

We've fixed two separate bugs related to this in the past few days in the RoG branch; hopefully we've kicked this bug for good!

The bug fixes from DST will go to DS and DS:RoG at some point in time?

Now I'm curious what this second rot bug was.  Was there some inaccuracy in the estimated time to spoil that left a narrow window when the crock pot would produce food with 0% freshness?  Or was it something else?

I think it might be that program sometimes for some reason doesn't take in the account the actual rot time of the food that gets cooked or may be it calculates it wrongly or takes in tact a wrong time. My mind is twisting with this :~

It was a thing, but thankfully it isn't anymore.  It had nothing to do with how near to spoiling the ingredients were, and everything to do with how long you'd been reusing the same crock pot without saving & loading (or burning & extinguishing the crock pot).  And judging by the changes, it looks like the second bug involved longUpdate().

When I was testing the cause of the bug back in December I made a powder cake rot in ten days.

New food spoiled when old food would have spoiled:2014-11-12_00004.jpg2014-11-12_00005.jpg2014-11-12_00007.jpg2014-11-12_00008.jpg2014-11-12_00011.jpg

Archived