Don't starve 2 ?

Hey ! I'm a newbie , I start playing Don't Starve last week , but I have few friends who says that something like Don't Starve 2 is coming , something like Wilson will be the "king" of the game and she cut off him hand for science and the hand was replaced with something like a dark-shadow-spirit hand.

Is this true ? Or just fan-art stories ? 

And ... can you explain me the types of Don't Starve ? I know just Reign Of Giants and the ''classic'' one , how many Don't starve types exist ?

A video with that ''Don't Starve 2" ( just images) > 

I am very sorry for my bad english , is not my first language.

@SmellyBacon
Don't Starve Together isn't really a sequel.
At first they wanted to have it in the normal
game, but it had many changes in the code
and just making another game out of it
was easier.
It's not a sequel of Don't Starve like Minecraft
multiplayer isn't a sequel of Minecraft.

PLEASE DON'T READ AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME YET AND DON'T WANT SPOILERS!
"something like Wilson will be the "king" of the game and she cut off him hand for science and the hand was replaced with something like a dark-shadow-spirit hand."

PLEASE DON'T READ AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME YET AND DON'T WANT SPOILERS!
SPOILERAs for "king of the game", if you finish adventure mode, you end up getting to the throne which Maxwell sits on. Releasing him will cause the shadows to place you on the throne (eg: whichever character you are playing as at the time) and you will carry on the world/spawn in a new world playing as maxwell.
SPOILERS OVER :D

and about "cut off him hand for science and the hand was replaced with something like a dark-shadow-spirit hand." That is my favourite artist's comic! You can find ZombiDJ's art HERE or on her Tumblr Here !

As far as I am aware, I don't think there is a sequel coming, but if there is, Klei will have made this fan over the moon! :D
Hope I helped, and sorry if you I was kinda repeating what everyone else had said already  '>u<

@Michi01 Minecraft multiplayer is actually part of the game and Don't Starve Together is a different game getting updated while vanilla Don't Starve isn't getting updates regularly anymore. One of the devs told me on the stream "Never say never" When I asked if they plan to continue updating DS which means they probably don't have any plans to update it further. 

I think I am safe calling DST a sequel let alone because of the stuff it already has. (I want dat Ewecus in my DS world :frown-new:  And because they pretty much confirmed they would be adding all the stuff from vanilla AND adding more creatures/set pieces etc. that weren't in the original game.

Since you can make a locked server for yourself only (I assume), I don't see the point in playing vanilla anymore when this will be fully updated. 

It's the game, but with more features which is pretty much the definition of a sequel.

EDIT: How do you @ someone? (Sorry major scrub)

I'll say this before and i'll say it again, Unless they plan on revamping or overhaul the game entirely or upgrading the engine to work for future computers, I don't want a Don't Starve 2 and I would be happy to pay for DLC and Expansions for the game.

Archived