Kick Button

Hello!

I was wondering if there are any plans of implementing a Kick Button (Which starts a voting process), next to View Profile and Mute, as to easily take care of griefers or toxic players in the absence of the server owner?

Hello!

I was wondering if there are any plans of implementing a Kick Button (Which starts a voting process), next to View Profile and Mute, as to easily take care of griefers or toxic players in the absence of the server owner?

There is a kick button but only for the Host. Everyone else has votekick.

Where is this kick button?  I'm trying to get any kick/ban command to work as host but its not working.  Manually adding an id to the blocklist.txt i made works for setting up a ban after restarting the game though.

So if Klei implemented a "vote kick" option, then how the **** do we use it?

Like seriously, how hard is it to implement a "vote kick button" next to View Profile and Mute?

It's annoying as hell to not be able to deal with griefers/trolls/harassers.

A while back I've opened a topic here about the same thing and haven't received a solid crystal clear answer to the raised question.

In my honest opinion, the vote kick button should be active at all times no matter the user settings (all servers should have it enabled by default anyway) even if the admin is online or not, and he or any other admin on the server would not have a button to be vote kicked off his own server. :)

Upon a vote from the masses a player is kicked first time and if he rejoins and is voted again then the second time is kicked and banned.

After some digging about this I came to conclusion that the vote kick system isn't working at all cos it works ONLY if there are no admins present, but since the dedicated server itself is always 'present' and has admin role, then vote kick doesn't work, or doesn't show up any buttons.

This is a faulty mechanic and I guess will be fixed soon.

There should not be a votekick or voteban because PVPers would never be able to play any server...  Also people would always votekick ghosts which is a major source of fun in the game. (avoiding ghosts destroying your base and sanity drain)

If you can't handle not having the power to tell players to leave because (I assume they are killing or destroying your base because you are too unskilled to kill them or know where a good hiding spot is?) of some reason then you should start your own server where you can just kick people you don't like or that are too good.

There should not be a votekick or voteban because PVPers would never be able to play any server...  Also people would always votekick ghosts which is a major source of fun in the game. (avoiding ghosts destroying your base and sanity drain)

If you can't handle not having the power to tell players to leave because (I assume they are killing or destroying your base because you are too unskilled to kill them or know where a good hiding spot is?) of some reason then you should start your own server where you can just kick people you don't like or that are too good.

You sir, don't see it in the perspective of the co-op player.

In the eyes of a co-op player, jerks deserve to be kicked or banned if they won't respond or deny leaving a server.

As for how it works in PvP, people get kicked for being jerks also but also by incompetent hosts who don't like dying. It's not the players who generally vote kick, it's an admin who is really mad. I know this because I've been on servers with jerks and admins kick players for their own reasons. As for votekick, I've played enough TF2 pubs w/ votekick to understand why people votekick someone.

You sir, don't see it in the perspective of the co-op player.

In the eyes of a co-op player, jerks deserve to be kicked or banned if they won't respond or deny leaving a server.

As for how it works in PvP, people get kicked for being jerks also but also by incompetent hosts who don't like dying. It's not the players who generally vote kick, it's an admin who is really mad. I know this because I've been on servers with jerks and admins kick players for their own reasons. As for votekick, I've played enough TF2 pubs w/ votekick to understand why people votekick someone.

You can do what you want on your own servers... Just don't try to bring your religious beliefs into the rule-free sanctuary of the official dedicated servers.

If you want to "kick" someone just get good enough to kill them.

You can do what you want on your own servers... Just don't try to bring your religious beliefs into the rule-free sanctuary of the official dedicated servers.

If you want to "kick" someone just get good enough to kill them.

No offense, but what you sounds a bit rude.

I don't have any view on PvP because I don't want to do PvP since I have no interest in it.

The vote kick we are talking about in here is not for PvP servers, but for non-PvP servers where you don't really have the luxury to kill someone if you don't like his face or whatever reason you may have.

Now, please stop trolling the forums and find something better to do. I liked the topic with that PvP fight and I'm sure more did. How about focusing on that and leave us alone in here? K? Thanks.

Archived