Vote kick

@cezarica, Vote kick is only enabled when there is no admin present. 

Are we sure because on my server I asked people to see if it was an option when I left and when I can back they said no..  Its under the tab key right?

I have my settings.ini set to

enable_vote_kick = true

@jrose78, Everyone needs enable_vote_kick = true in their settings.ini, last I checked, but a patch a while ago should've fixed that. It's definitely possible for that to have messed up, though. I remember earlier in the beta many people somehow had Steam cloud enabled in their settings.ini when it never should've been.

I've asked a guy that was admin on one server was playing at some point about adding this feature and he said it's active, yet none of the regular members that where playing saw any icons apart the profile and mute neither when he was away nor when was online.

I've seen worse case where the admin was an idiot.

Some guy died in an endless server and started haunting stuff thus destroying the base, one by one. The admin was online and in the base saw the ghost doing that and told him that he had enough trolling and should stop. Yeah, right. He kicked the ghost like 1 minute later when saw the ghost ignored him and continued his ******* rampage into killing the base. The ghost returned shortly after and finished his job while the idiot admin took his time to finally hit him with the BAN hammer.

Some guy, that I take was friend of the ghost, asked the admin if he banned him and when got an YES answer he started a fire rampage and put an end of the base and everything around it. Right before the ghost started killing stuff and the fire prick, there where like 10 in the base and another 5-10 connected scattered on the map. After the duo left the server was left empty. Yeah, good job Mr. Admin. :frown-new:

So, bottom line is that the ghosts should definitely be nerfed in the way they can't destroy stuff or set them on fire. The kick option won't do much good either as the prick can return fast and I think it's safe to assume that not many will be bothered to vote in favor of kicking first time, not to mention the second.

I'm not the server owner, else would have installed a bunch of mods to get some sort of protection.

So far all the public servers I joined didn't have any sort of protection, be it mods or an admin around from time to time, and I did my best a few times and challenged myself to rebuild stuff from the ground just to see it turned into ashes later on or at all the next day. Sure, it may be fun once or twice, but to be honest I'm starting to loose interest and will most likely move to servers with some sort of basic protection, meaning mods. :)

I've seen worse case where the admin was an idiot.

Some guy died in an endless server and started haunting stuff thus destroying the base, one by one. The admin was online and in the base saw the ghost doing that and told him that he had enough trolling and should stop. Yeah, right. He kicked the ghost like 1 minute later when saw the ghost ignored him and continued his ******* rampage into killing the base. The ghost returned shortly after and finished his job while the idiot admin took his time to finally hit him with the BAN hammer.

Some guy, that I take was friend of the ghost, asked the admin if he banned him and when got an YES answer he started a fire rampage and put an end of the base and everything around it. Right before the ghost started killing stuff and the fire prick, there where like 10 in the base and another 5-10 connected scattered on the map. After the duo left the server was left empty. Yeah, good job Mr. Admin. :frown-new:

So, bottom line is that the ghosts should definitely be nerfed in the way they can't destroy stuff or set them on fire. The kick option won't do much good either as the prick can return fast and I think it's safe to assume that not many will be bothered to vote in favor of kicking first time, not to mention the second.

Ya ok its the admin .. right.   Because I am an admin and I have a dedicated server and when someone tells me someone is doing something how much time do I have to react? hmm how much?   oh 10 seconds before someone hammers or lights a fire.  How do I know its not someone learning the game and just made a simple mistake?  Is there a Mod where I can say trolls = No ? Please educate me cezarica!

Perhaps you didn't fully understood the situation I described above, maybe cos as I may have shorten the story and the time frame those things happened may leave you with a false impression that was a quick 2-3 seconds time frame and he admin didn't had time to react.

No, it's not the case.

The ghost took his time into haunting roughly 10-15 structures (chests, pig houses, crock pots, drying racks and so on) while the admin was in the base and he saw the ghost doing this first handed. The admin left me with the impression that he didn't care that the ghost was on a idiot rampage of destroying stuff, as took him like 1 minute for his firs reaction: telling him to end with haunting as he had enough trolling, and after like another 20-30 seconds kicked him cos the ghost ignored him and continued destroying more stuff. The ghost returned shortly from his kick and continued haunting structures (2-3 more) and finally the admin was quick to react and did what should have done in the first place: ban the prick.

Then the arsonist went on his vendetta cos the admin banned his friend and burned what remained of the base. In this case he had little to no time to react as the damage was done and we couldn't have done anything to stop the fire, perhaps if we had a Ice Staff?

Archived