I think you meant Turkey Dinner, but he would need at least two drumsticks by killing one Gobbler (you always get two right away) or Pengull (only 10% chance).

but turkeys appears when picking berries, nothing easier than this...

@Gorakk, If you have a lot more berries/carrots than meat, then yes, meatballs are efficient. But you should only have a lot of carrots/berries early on in the game. Later it's usually not worth bothering getting berries, and carrots aren't renewable without farms, which are better used for dragonfruits.

If you cooked a Monster Meat, a mystery veggie (let's pick carrot for random), and 2 eggplants, you threw away 

18.75 + 12.5 + 25 + 25 = 81.25 hunger

and 20 HP recovery from each eggplant (40hp, enough for a spare heart)...

For 62.5 hunger, 3 hp, and 5 sanity. 

They then assumed you don't know how to play and threw you out, which is mean, but that's why they threw you out. Meatballs are basically only worth it early game with like.. Morsel/MM + some combo of free berries, shrooms, and carrots, and only worth it late game if you are in a specific situation. Basically, if you are missing ONLY hunger, and have full health, and you have ingredients that would otherwise be inedible, such as MM + 3 red shrooms.

I never realized how awesome cooked eggplants are... But looking back, I couldn't have used eggplants to make meatballs. If I put two eggplants in the crockpot, wouldn't it have made a stuffed eggplant? Like I said, I don't remember what I used for filler. Probably a berry and two carrots.

But none of that should really matter. There was no way for anybody to know what ingredients I used. Even if they noticed certain foods missing from the icebox, I could have easily had them in my inventory. And then if they banned me, those foods would be gone forever.

As someone who never really got cooking and could never remember the recipes or care, I don't really care what food items I toss in the crock pot. Normally this means someone else cooks while I do other chores, but anyone who cooks with the smallest care is already in good terms with me.

Can't imagine kicking anyone for making meatballs.

@Gorakk, If you have a lot more berries/carrots than meat, then yes, meatballs are efficient. But you should only have a lot of carrots/berries early on in the game. Later it's usually not worth bothering getting berries, and carrots aren't renewable without farms, which are better used for dragonfruits.

I guess my group have got a bit too caught up in gathering large berry farms, I'll have to cut back on that in future games, thanks rez :joyous:

perhaps the host are allergic to meatball, or maybe it is consider as an illegitimate type of food. somewhat taboo in his/her place.

or mayble just maybe. it brings up unpleasant memories (mum, dad, or ex, i dont know). lol

so.. yeah.. BAAAMM..

you got banned!

and after they kick you out.

perhaps the crock pot also got rekt by their hammer.

you defile the pot. and perhaps the land (camp).

and they need to burn the whole place

well, you know.

for sacred justice

------------

seriously speaking.

just like the other have already explained.

depends on the situation and what you use for the meatball. it can be consider as a waste of resource.

i also tend to tell my players to not create meatballs after a certain of point.

and yes. banning people from it are a bit over kill.

perhaps they are tired explaining it to people. so they are just banning people right away

or they are just looking for something to ban/kick you out.

Archived