Bird cage nerfed to much!

With only 2 beffalos on the whole map it is pain in ass to get enough manure even to plant 20 grass. Farming sounds very challenging especialy nerfed one...

Same here. The beefalos wandered around the map so that it is harder to get manure. Maybe once herd cohension comes in the next patch the farming wouldn't seem too nerfed, but right now it is. It takes a lot of manure just to farm, and I can't do it everyday if I wanted to (it would take too much time to hunt for manure) even with turbo farm plot!My suggestion: Make it so that you are guaranteed 2 seeds from a bird, but have a 25% chance that the 2nd seed is just a regular seed.

Farming in the game is overpowered right now, if anything. Remember, the game is in beta, there are a lot of levers, knobs, and buttons that will be adjusted as time goes on. The developers are trying to find figure out what works, and what doesn't.

You guys realize that it's rather easy to build a handful of pig houses adjacent to a berry farm and Soon have more poop than you can handle, right?

Yeah, I have 3 pigs and a berry farm. I have over 200 berries , they take up quite a bit of space in my chests and is my main source of food and even then the number keeps increasing.

(just realised you meant for growing pumpkins and I don't need poop really for growing them, and the bird cage seeds work fine for getting pumpkin seeds since i always get about 1-3 pumpkins profit per harvest with 9 turbo plots.)

Edited by Karma Hound
Realization

You guys realize that it's rather easy to build a handful of pig houses adjacent to a berry farm and Soon have more poop than you can handle, right?

You would need a lot of pig houses. There are about 6 pigs on my map (that I explored so far). That means max 6 manure (unless you wait around until they want to eat again, who knows how long that is wasting your time) every 6 berries you feed it. With a turbo farm plot it takes 2 manure to grow 1 crop (and you don't even know what you are going to get). You'd be better off just eating the berries! And harvesting flower petals or butterfly wings is a pain. Farming is not OP compared to berry farming.

You would need a lot of pig houses. There are about 6 pigs on my map (that I explored so far). That means max 6 manure (unless you wait around until they want to eat again, who knows how long that is wasting your time) every 6 berries you feed it. With a turbo farm plot it takes 2 manure to grow 1 crop (and you don't even know what you are going to get). You'd be better off just eating the berries! And harvesting flower petals or butterfly wings is a pain. Farming is not OP compared to berry farming.

dude you can just wait 3 days without spending any manure on the plot and itll grow.

Yeah, I have 3 pigs and a berry farm. I have over 200 berries , they take up quite a bit of space in my chests and is my main source of food and even then the number keeps increasing.(just realised you meant for growing pumpkins and I don't need poop really for growing them, and the bird cage seeds work fine for getting pumpkin seeds since i always get about 1-3 pumpkins profit per harvest with 9 turbo plots.)

I meant for any and all purposes. I don't build turbo plots. They require stone which is non-renewable and I save non-renewable resources for things I can't do just as well with renewable resources... And Speedy plots work just fine. You just have to make more of them. Having a few pigs and a berry farm means you can make new speedy plots until you are satisfied with the output you are getting. I also don't bother fertilizing crops, I just build more plots and plant more seeds. But when I need to refertilize 40 grass tufts and 20 berry bushes and 15 speedy plots? No problem. I am not running short on poop.

What are you talking about? 1 Manure will fertilize a plot for weeks.

The issue was the bird cage. It yields 1-2 targeted seeds and perhaps a random seed. Rarely will all 3 seeds not include a random.

Bottom line? The "profit", or targeted seed yield is pathetic and takes multiple generations of harvests just to produce ONE generation of produce with enough seeds to replant.

Time and energy is better spent just planting random seeds and skipping the birdcage outright.

if been collecting food the whole game and just been lazy not doing anything my camp is a mess but i figured out how many times i can full my whole hunger bar so (100) hunger points per hunger bar. I can do that 861.9 times :p

What are you talking about? 1 Manure will fertilize a plot for weeks.

So people actually wait for crops to grow? :S Isn't is easier just to harvest berries?

if been collecting food the whole game and just been lazy not doing anything my camp is a mess but i figured out how many times i can full my whole hunger bar so (100) hunger points per hunger bar. I can do that 861.9 times :p

I don't even?

well this farming business is going to change with food spoilage, when its no longer viable to store food for long periods of time you might as well feed the surplus crops to the birds, then there's a chance of extra seeds (which i am assuming wont go off when uncooked) store the seeds and grow as needed, then because you are constantly feeding extra crops to birds you will have a very good selection of seeds therefore more selective crops. also using more foods to process into recipes etc (with crook pot or other new methods) will be worth it in the end because processed foods i am assuming will last longer and have more food value.

I actually like it the way it is. In the beginning was a bit hard, but after building some plots (I have 4 per crop-type), I can usually keep 1/2: I feed the bird until I get the 4 seeds I need and keep the rest. This way I have only the necessary food, and keep growing more crops :p. Besides, the is also other kinds of food, so it ends up being more than enough. Usually I cook stuffed eggplants for health+hunger and pumpkins for health, and by the time the crops grow I still have spares... xD