Koalaphant brushes

What is the chance that Klei is going to let us have some sort of tool to use on our domesticated Koalaphants? I've had a cute little pen set up for my 2 koalaphants Jellybean (the winter Koalaphant) and Walnut (my normal Koalaphant) for at least 10 days and I would really enjoy some sort of item to interact with my koalaphants in a nonlethal way.

Nope, Koalefants are basically just meat and a trunk.

So food and a vest.

I have so many koalaphant vests though I could support a server of 6 for 2 winters and there are only 2 people in the server :/ even if it wasn't something that changed the gameplay I'd love a new structure item or a new tool for my koalaphants.

I have so many koalaphant vests though I could support a server of 6 for 2 winters and there are only 2 people in the server :/ even if it wasn't something that changed the gameplay I'd love a new structure item or a new tool for my koalaphants.

Stop making useless vests and eat their trunks.

Why would I eat their trunks? I'm on day 80 and I already have 2 fridges full of always rotting food. Unless it gives really good stats I have no reason to eat their trunks.

Throw away your rotting food ang get fresh one. Rot can always be used as fuel for your fire. Also, cooked trunks are a very valuable food. Lots of hp and hunger recovered, can be kept a long time.

what can you interact with as of right now in a non lethal way? other than shaving beefs and feeding pigs?

Depending on the definition of "interact", captured birds for eggs and seeds (and maybe captured bees for honey and bombs?), butterflies and bees for flowers, fireflies for light, there's a lot more creatures you can feed than just pigs for alliances, the Pig King for gold, Chester, sort of lureplants for easy farming, pengulls for loot post-winter, and ROG-wise catcoons for various things, glommers for glommer's goop, moleworms for minerals.

And don't forget there's also two in-game mechanics specifically to relocate beefalos, so that's another point of non-lethal interaction. Also, tragic as it always ends, raising tallbirds.

I do think, especially now that hunting has become much riskier, the payment of finding koalefants could improve. I'm currently working towards a herd myself in ROG (my luck finding more than one so far has been two vargs, fyi) just for fun and I don't think I'm missing out on anything not killing them. The trunk is good food, but it's not anything you can rely on anyway and there are no recipes for it nor can it be even used in the crockpot or dried (ie, as food it can not help with sanity problems whatsoever). As clothing, depending on the version, it's good to keep warm and sane, but not essential. And for those that do rely on one, once one is made, no other is necessary if you have a sewing kit. So, maybe some mechanic could be implanted to make them worth it in the long run. Maybe seasonal tusk loss to make an alternative walking cane? Or leaving it certain foods (fish?) will yield guano? At the very least they could be assigned naughty points for Krampus farming. 

I wish Koalaphant could have a seem mechanics like stray dog.

I could sneak up to him in the night and feed him a [insert food here] before he run away from me. After 3-5 time he will befriend with me.

A friendly Koalaphant could be lure using his fav food [insert food here] by put it on the ground (it's cute way to lure), and he will not wander too far from the last place you lure him (to make him near your base). If you don't feed him (give food not drop) after two day he will forget you.

Best part: you could HUG a Koalaphant to keep warm in winter and let him carry you into random place :wilson_love: .

It's too OP so I think you couldn't be friend with a Koalaplant if you wear item make from Koalaphant.

Best part: you could HUG a Koalaphant to keep warm in winter and let him carry you into random place

Do not read the spoiler...

For some reason, that sounded... like you and the koalefant are going somewhere to #$%^&*(*&^ and then $%^&*((*&...

#$%^&*(*&^ = have a lovely picnic

$%^&*((*& = and watch the sunset

Well don't worry, the devs are making it so that we can have mounts... beefalo for starters but I guess since they're in the same general category of hunchback creatures, they could be ride-able too!

I feel like Koalaphants are basically an elephant with a fear of humans. Trying to make friends with something that constantly tries to get away from you [unless defending itself] seems like an unlikely plan.

That's why I said "sneak up to him in the night and feed him food before he run away".

A host of mine made a zoo with 9 koalefants and we made a dedicated habitat for those endangered species. There are often situations where a new guy tried to kill one.Instead they were the hunted.

The useful things for keeping them alive are cosmetics and manure. I've had 3 free ranged koaalefants and 4 in pen. The scene is Literally Bollywood movie material, if you include them stepping on flower petals and carpet flooring.

In future updates, we might be able to ride them, as they are basically cloned versions of beefaloes with few alternative scripts.

Archived