The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

"First off, why blood? There's so many easier things to get other than that. Second, if they got huge-ass wings and murdered everybody at night, they wouldn't have to sit in their dark little holes all the time. Your world is lucky someone like me isn't up there, there would be some fckued up sh*t flyin around." The servants go around again and refill everyone's drinks, also announcing that the main course will be out soon.

"I wouldn't expect the words 'Why blood?' to come out of a blood demon's mouth."  Jakob says.  "I'm amazed you don't know this, but blood holds vast amounts of power - it is the source of life in the body, after all.  Kavaedra can manipulate that energy to benefit themselves.  And the reason they live underground is because there are only a couple left in existence, and most are trapped there.  Not just by mundane things like stone - bright lights and fire can overload their senses and essentially blind them.  That doesn't mean they're weak, though.  Killing a Kavaedras is one of the ultimate feats of strength in my order."

Jakob startes at Disparel.  "Why do you keep saying 'You died'?  I didn't die.  I'm right here.  And anyways, reviving me would be against my order's -"

He stops.

"Let's just carry on with the story."

The creature finally came out of the darkness - had Jakob been conscious enough, he probably would have passed out right there.

post-461544-0-97162200-1427773173_thumb.

(Fancy digital effects can only take my "skill" so far, but you get the idea.  It's better than that...other picture we dare not name or speak of.)

(That is simultaneously the most hilarious and terrifying thing I've ever seen. )

(Let me guess - the design is the terrifying part, the lack of skill is the hilarious part.  In that case, I'm laughing too.)

(It's sorta got that kinda Amnesia-monster vibe where, if you saw it in a dimly-light passageway, it'd be terrifying as fcuk, but if you were to see it behind glass-doors in a well-lit area, it'd just look really derpy)

(It's sorta got that kinda Amnesia-monster vibe where, if you saw it in a dimly-light passageway, it'd be terrifying as fcuk, but if you were to see it behind glass-doors in a well-lit area, it'd just look really derpy)

(Exactly why they live underground.)

"According to your verbal description, they apparently look really derpy. :love_heart:(Disparel drinks his wine every now and then... So I don't have to keep saying it...) "So what happened next?"

Edited by CloakofCrow

"Well, I was going to describe the full battle between me, my master and the Kavaedras, but I've decided you people aren't worth it."  Jakob says, leaning back and taking one last sip of wine.  "Basically, he jumped down from the ceiling, cut the creature in two, then noticed I had survived that amount of blood loss and invited me into his guild."

"The end."  He adds almost as an afterthought.

"Well, I was going to describe the full battle between me, my master and the Kavaedras, but Quiet isn't good enough at writing to go into full detail so instead he has me be a jerk about it."  Jakob says, leaning back and taking one last sip of wine.  "Basically, he jumped down from the ceiling, cut the creature in two, then noticed I had survived that amount of blood loss and invited me into his guild."

"The end."  He adds almost as an afterthought.

FTFY

(Just being sure you guys knew. I was worried it would come off as too mean.)

Shana, again, didn't appear fazed by Jakob's rude remark. She really quite enjoyed his story, and was somewhat saddened by him cutting it short, but she said nothing.

Edited by MenaAthena

(No, I really was going to write it out, until I realized that Crow would just have Disparel say something like "Wow, how exciting.  Why didn't it just grow wings?"  Or something like that.  So I translated that into the character.)

(I guess Quiet only writes cool stories if other characters in stories will say something entertaining afterwards. Not because it's a cool story that others want to hear, but because he wants a reaction that isn't how a character in the story would react.)