The Orchestra

CloakofCrow

"Well I'm going to fine whatever caused this fire..." She saw a slightly rusted hatchet at her feet, which she yanked out of the ground. "I can't let this go unpunished... Yknow Why?"

She yanked off her face, which was actually a mask. Underneath was Batman.

"I'm Batman..."

Music starts playing within the old man's shack, it was a calm peaceful tune. A giant bearlike creature bounds out of the forest and begins to rebuild the shack, giving no attention towards the others.

The boiling blood Disparel was vomiting didn't burn Jakob, but the blood that entered his wound was taking its toll. It felt as if his own blood was boiling within him. Jakob's attempt to disarm Disparel worked, the blade was forced out of his hand. The headless body dropkicks (the thing where you jump and push off the other person with both feet) Jakob and lands next to his head. "Nice decapitation my friend." He picks up his head and sets it atop his neck, cracking at back and forth before preparing a spell.

(Jakob now has AIDS)

"Eh, you were unconscious. Can't really blame me for not wanting to wait."

Ethel looks on at the fire.

"It's awful that someone would cause this. Fire can be so destructive. If only there was a way extinguish its destructive powers."

Why are you so attracted to the flame human? The fire dies every time you near it, so why do you keep trying?

The words from last night sound again in Ethel's mind. He pulls out his tome, almost as if being controlled. The cover slowly shifts to black, and Ethel flips open the cover. He recites an incantation, and streams of darkness rush toward the fire. Almost with the strength of water, the bolts of shadow shrink the flames until most of the fire in the group's line of sight is extinguished. Ethel closes the tome, and stares at the cover.

"How am I able to do this? This book... it changes based on what I need... Maybe if I focus on healing..."

The tome's cover changes to white.

"And now on attacking..."

The tome's cover slowly changes to black, but fades to gray due to Disparel's aura.

"I can change the power of the book... but something else changed it to neutral... Is someone here? Who are you? Why are you changing my powers?"

Ethel seems to have forgotten the presence of Wunan and Holly.

The old man walks out of his now fixed house and inspects it. Nodding with approval he notices the gathering of people around his house and becomes tense. He pulls out a shotgun and points it at them, "Who the hell are you guys and who sent you?"

Edited by CloakofCrow

Jakob grunts as he hits the ground, trying to ignore the uncomfortable feeling in his blood.  It certainly didn't bring back good memories.  He jumps to his feet and grabs Solortus, readying the blade to deflect the spell.  It had shown to be capable of such things in the past.

(Shana is by herself, and I think everybody but Opal and Jakob are in front of the cabin. Opal and Jakob are in a random place.)

Disparel holds his fiery hand in front of him and slams it into the ground, forcing a gout of flame from the ground beneath Jakob.

The old man looks at his gun for a moment then glances back up to Bonnie, "It's good at killing things, but why are you here!"

Edited by CloakofCrow

"Y'know Onyx."

>"Hm?"<.

"If there's one thing I've learned today."

>"Hmm?"<

"It's that watching a battle."

>"Yes?"<

"Is a hell of a lot more boring than fighting one."

Opal stood up, she had cleaned up the spilled popcorn to the best of her ability, sweeping it up into a pile a few feet away from her. She took a moment to stretch her arms and legs, as one tends to become quite stiff when sitting in the same position for what felt like possibly hours. 

Opal turned around to try and find out where she was, she couldn't see particularly far out from where she was, as there seemed to be some sort of disorienting fog that obscured her vision past a few yards from where she was standing. Nonetheless, she stepped forward, eager to explore.

Edited by Blazingice26

Shana was a little confused at first about whether to answer out loud or try to speak back with her mind, but she settled on just speaking, even if it did look like she was talking to herself.

"I feel good." those three words may have been the most confident sentence she's spoken in years.

Jakob jumps into the air less than a second before Disparel attacks, using his hand movements to determine where the attack was coming from.  In midair, he reaches below him and bends the fire to his own will, sending it flying back at his adversary.

Ethel is brought back to reality by the sound of the old man's voice. He turns and sees the gun pointed at him.

"Hold on, we're not going to cause any trouble! No one sent us! We just came here to see what caused the fire!"

Ethel puts his tome into the satchel, and raises his hands above his head to show that he isn't hostile.

"What do you care for a wee lil' fire" he inquires, cocking his head and squinting at him, "Why did you, you, you, and you, care for a fire so much?" he pointed his gun at each person as he said you.

"Have you had any chills, nightmares, or hallucinations since the operation?" The creature said in Shana's mind.