Most unforgiving world the default settings have genned for you

Just curious if anyone has ever gotten particularly difficult worlds generated for them under default settings, like some resources being extremely scarce type thing, or particularly dangerous areas being generated all around your starting area. 

Anyone had any such worlds ever?

I once had a world where grass was very scarce, but twigs were awfully abundant.

In my last save the only gears I could get, after exploring almost the entirety of the map, came from the clockwork monsters surrounding the wooden thing.

Anything else? Ummm... I've struggled to find beefalo many a time before after exploring most of the map - it turned out the only place I hadn't explored had a huge savanna where all of the beefalo were hiding. -.-"

I had a world with very little grass or twigs and no flint anywhere I went. It started in Spring so it rained everywhere. I was playing as Waxwell so one night because I couldn't even get the stuff to make a torch I had to run between two groups of fireflies.

hounds on more is a blessing. Even lots it better than default in the long term...

Yeah, but for some reason, I get hounds almost every other day... now I can't leave my base without packing beemines to help against the 8+ hounds per player... but I do get to make lots and lots of teeth traps (and other hounds tooth based crafts) which is nice...

Yeah, but for some reason, I get hounds almost every other day... now I can't leave my base without packing beemines to help against the 8+ hounds per player... but I do get to make lots and lots of teeth traps (and other hounds tooth based crafts) which is nice...

Huh? I've got my hounds on More and only have them come every 6 days (as a rough guesstimate). Even setting them to Lots grants some respite compared to Default late-game where they come every two days or something crazy like that!

Are you sure your hound timer isn't bugged?

Huh? I've got my hounds on More and only have them come every 6 days (as a rough guesstimate). Even setting them to Lots grants some respite compared to Default late-game where they come every two days or something crazy like that! Are you sure your hound timer isn't bugged?

That's kinda what I meant for "every other day"... I pack beemines and teeth traps because we set up camp in a far off part of the map (for a challenge) and only brought like 9 grass tufts and saplings, 4 berry bushes... we rely a lot on meat... the beefalo and pig villages are on the other side of the landmass so going to them takes a lot of time, by the time we get the meat, the hounds would already be coming...

we did that ass a challenge to not rely on a fully sustainable base...

Ahhhhhhh. That explains it. I getcha now. I usually think of every other day as three days or so.

Hahaha!!

OK, since it takes about 2-3 days to travel to either side of the land mass because twists and turns and lack of far-reaching wormholes, ad have to stop to smell the flowers on the way (pick saplings and grass and stuff because previously mentioned reasons), it feels like "every other day"...

O____O

lol

Has anyone else ever had an enemy next to you when you begin? I guess when the world "generated" a Tallbird next to me was the most unforgiving. At the time, I didn't know you could skip the intro by clicking. Live and learn, I guess. Or die and learn. That works too.

Adventure mode - The Game is Afoot spawned me in and the chest had no winter hat, nor wood, nor flint...

I got 10 rot, and 4 useless recipes, like it was the backpack in A Cold Reception...WTF!?

This is just a death sentence...not like there was gold anywhere nearby to be found (at least not that I found), none of the recipes in question were for the rabbit earmuffs so that's out, I couldn't even cross one spiral of tentacles without freezing...just a total fail.  At least it was Chapter 1 and not a later chapter, though I'd have had some options if I'd brought a stone or even a recipe for something, but even at that it's a really REALLY bad roll...

Why even put that **** in the game?  Instant fail RNG?  I love this game but that is straight bs and just a waste of time, it's pretty frustrating tbh.

Oh boy. Played through Adventure Mode, it was my first time surviving all the way to Two Worlds.

I ran around gleefully, but then it hit me.

There was no flint to be found. Not a single piece.

Eh, I kinda cheat and use map revealer, the fun of exploration is robbed when it becomes a necissary part of not dying on night one sometimes. Still, any time I play WX and it randoms Spring. Fahn teimz.

Well, right now, I'm in a world as Wendy in which there are virtually no spider nests anywhere.

Oh, also did I mention.

I started in Spring, the only gears were behind a field of killer bees, and I've yet to find any Ice.

15 days in. Wish me luck, Summer is coming 0_0

Archived