Strange name but I'm running out of names.

That aside this is a topic to bring up an issue of sorts.

That issue?

The griefers and full on trolls that suddenly pop in, wreck everything, take everything, leave.

I know this seems like a host issue, and you can simply roll back the server now, but knowing who is causing the issues can be difficult, especially if you're not around the computer or the camp.

A possible solution is something similar to the debug text, for host only, where they can see the actions of all players in the server currently and have an ability to scroll through.

Eg.  SoAndSo has Hammered Crock Pot.

SoAndSo has eaten [# that possibly counts] meats.

SoAndSo has disconnected.

This isn't to stop the actions from happening, the roll back is for that, to renew the server where you once were. No. This function would more be for a viability to know the griefers name so it can be added to the blacklist and they can no longer play with you. So a log of sorts that updated upon player actions so you would know what everyone was doing at all times.

Now for the second part, again "creative" name, this would be more for the snatch and go people. They don't wreck anything but they simply steal things from your server and leave with it all or you have to kick them from the server with it all.

A possible solution for this is to maybe have it so upon kick or ban the player's items are all dropped to the ground(save for character specifics) as if they had died. So even if things were crafted, the items would at least be there since the player is either out for the time, or for good.

My few ideas.

it's a good idea, i would add Minimap somewhere so we should not press M all the time

I think there's a minimap mod somewhere in the steam workshop.

I like this idea. Imagine someone burns everything and no one else
is nearby and if no one sees it and the rollback saves upgrade
until the saves without anything burnt are gone.

it's a good idea, i would add Minimap somewhere so we should not press M all the time

There is a mod in the workshop to give you a minimap but in the base game I can't see this happening. It'd take some of the experience away.

I would like to say though, it might be better if the TAB key isn't made into the server check. TAB should remain map as in base game and something like Z would be better for the server check.

I like this idea. Imagine someone burns everything and no one else

is nearby and if no one sees it and the rollback saves upgrade

until the saves without anything burnt are gone.

That's the issue when there are people in a non-PvP/non-Competitive server who just come and go to simply torment people and there's not many ways to fix the issues they cause.

You cannot obtain more berry bushes before they're all out, same for saplings, reeds and grass. Once they're all gone, that's it. There's no more. It kind of sucks that people see this fit so the only other solution is to find their name from a list, add this to the blacklist, and most likely roll back.

I'm not entirely sure what you were trying to say but you can roll back to a while ago. The issue was, with me at least, I had to go do some chores in the house, so while I still had someone playing and could hear everything, I couldn't necessarily stop it right away. I didn't know how to rollback at the time and the issue was happening so often I just gave up in the end. :\

Rollbacks can make sure you have everything but it can't stop people from coming in and screwing everything up sadly. Only the blacklist can. Looking for more ways to strengthen this vibe of people being decent when not in a competitive server.

Think of it as the console feed except with player actions. Babysitting your baby teammates without actually breathing down their necks.

In my experience, they wait for everyone to be gone so they can't get caught as easy. This would be a toggleable way so someone doesn't have to stay in the camp 24/7.

I would like to say though, it might be better if the TAB key isn't made into the server check. TAB should remain map as in base game and something like Z would be better for the server check.

I remapped it to TAB for map and F1 for scoreboard. I think my fingers learned to seek those keys from something else (maybe playing too much Meepo in Dota...)

In my experience, they wait for everyone to be gone so they can't get caught as easy. This would be a toggleable way so someone doesn't have to stay in the camp 24/7.

This is my experience, too. Most of the griefing has been me off doing stuff, someone new joins and asks where the base is, I tell them, they leave a little later, and I come back to a razed and pillaged base.  :wilson_cry:

So even if things were crafted, the items would at least be there since the player is either out for the time, or for good.

And upon leaving, instead of just leaving the things behind in a pile of mess, "pandora's box" (a strange box in the game files that crashes the game when opening the map) could spawn and in it, contain all that "stolen" loot... it looks like a skull so it should fit perfectly for this purpose (instead of a skeleton of the person... or both could be nice)

My few ideas.

In game:

Wilson feels a disturbance in the force... someone has entered his realm through his portal...

Willow: Hello? Is anyone there?

(says her using her new-found telepathy)

Wilson: Hello.

(ditto)

Willow: Where's the base?

Wilson: Head North of the portal, and when you see a herd of beefalo, go East...

Willow: OK.

But Wilson, having developed the ability of clairvoyance knew that she was already starting to burn everything in her path on her way to his "base"... little did Willow know that he was leading her into a trap... the beefalo herd he was talking about is actually a Warg...

*Willow's death throes

Wilson: ...three down

Archived