Kevin, I hope you know how mortified I am.

My first batch of Smallbirds died... Apparently putting 160 seeds down wasn't enough to feed them and all about 30 wasted away :(

post-3590-13764589750334_thumb.png

Blood is on your hands Kevin!!

I demand information on if other smallbirds will over eat so I can calculate how much is needed to keep my birdies from not starving!

Ps. I would love the title of Prof. Smallbird if you have the time ;)

Pps. Your making me downsize my smallbird horde :'( I hope you know that makes me sad, very very sad.

Ppps. Can you make it so I can give them hats? I want to make a tonne of winter hats and give all my smallbirds them

Thanks Kevin!

However it seems a bit unfair now, since it was given as a challenge to try and get the biggest flock you could, and now they have made it completely unviable to keep such a flock, with the eating it would be more manageable had they not nerfed the seed drop rates and the farming so I can't make as many seeds :(

However it seems a bit unfair now, since it was given as a challenge to try and get the biggest flock you could, and now they have made it completely unviable to keep such a flock, with the eating it would be more manageable had they not nerfed the seed drop rates and the farming so I can't make as many seeds :(

It was given as a challenge? I don't remember seeing that message.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?4339-Flock-of-doom!

Here he challenges us to create the biggest flock we can and to show what we can do with it. Right now die seems about the most that can be done.

Quoted so you don't have to click the link too, and made the important bit bigger

Smallbirds are hard to hatch and even harder to keep alive. They don't grow up (yet), so the only way to really keep them longer than the first hound attack is to raise a whole flock at once.

In last week's teaser video, I used by nefarious programmery ways to give myself a murderous brood. It was awesomely effective at combat. On my command they would raise up a chorus of angry peeps and then descend upon any enemy of my choosing - even one of their own number! I was the king of birds!

My challenge to you is this: Can you do the same without cheating like a dev? How many smallbirds can you keep alive at once, and what can you do with your flock o' doom once you have it?

Post your in-game photos/videos here, so that we can figure out how tough these little guys really are en-masse. Bonus points if you can get them to take down a treeguard by themselves.

Edited by JesusTheFrog
Text was a bit too big xD

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?4339-Flock-of-doom!

Here he challenges us to create the biggest flock we can and to show what we can do with it. Right now die seems about the most that can be done.

Quoted so you don't have to click the link too, and made the important bit bigger

Ah thanks for the quote. I never read that thread.

I think I've only ever hatched like 2. They both died since they keep attacking things that I command the pigs to attack so they always die. Then I just gave up on that lol

Edited by vinchon

Ah thanks for the quote. I never read that post.

I think I've only ever hatched like 2. They both died since they keep attacking things that I command the pigs to attack so they always die. Then I just gave up on that lol

No problem, if you look in the thread you can see my flock go.

I have used up my entire stockpile of seeds (880 or so) and now all my small birds are dead after 5 days :'(

Very sad now.

Edited by JesusTheFrog