Is it just me...

Ora

...or has this new update just made food hording a ton easier? Sure I'm seeing combat a LOT more with this update, and burning through logsuits and football helmets, tentacle spikes, spears, you name it. Burning through them pretty fast. But all this combat results in a lot of monster meat. And I have a surplus of honey from my bee boxes. Currently, I have about 20 honeyed hams in storage due to this update and that's not even including the ones I have already eaten. I have so many honeyed hams that I even tried to give one to the pig king, but that picky, fat knave wouldn't touch it. Between the rampant spider queens on my map and the increased number of hounds that come per wave, the overall danger of the world has increased quite a bit, but the survival aspect of not starving just got even worse. I was never going to starve before this update. Now? Now I'm going to have to craft about ten spare chests just to accommodate all my bloody honeyed hams. Anyone else getting gameplay similar to this since the update?

Well if you enter a lot more combat you will get a lot more monster meat, so it is a logical consequence of the update. You can always make it more difficult for yourself by not picking up the monster meat.

I'm too OCD to let a resource go to waste and just... lay there.

I started a fresh game and it does feel pretty easy still. I've been aggressive about clearing out spider nests, so there's the extra meat and early silk hoarding. I think they unnerfed seed drops too much. I was looking forward to trying the game with the reduced drop rate to see just how much more I needed to diversify, but between morsels from bird farming, meat from pig wrecking crews, honey in abundance, two berry fields (well, one now; never flame dart a gobbler), and six turbo farms (with pet bird who, even nerfed, multiplies seed count reliably) I feel safer and more secure than I ever was.

I do think there need to be a mechanism to stop monster meat abuse.

I think season will make it much tougher as well, as well as the "portal" to tougher worlds in their roadmap document. I kinda view this first world as an introduction, then you survive so many days and move onto level 2 ;)

Yeah, having it go on indefinitely will allow you to feel like you're living forever. I do fear that moving onto a new world after say, day 60, would kill the desire to explore islands fully and set up big farms. Hell maybe thats a good thing. It'd be like starting a new world except u can bring a handful of items with you.

If anything, i think you should need to find the portal by exploring, before you can move on.

Spiders should not drop an item every time. Thats how you fix it.

I've kept a few different saves along the way at different points in the game to swap in and out during these updates.

I find that this latest update seems to fit in really well to the difficulty around days 20-40 after about 40 the food situation and resources are pretty simple to stock pile if you keep up with it.

However the difficulty and danger aspect seems to be much harder than it was before around this time and is actually very enjoyable. I haven't tested much yet from day 40-60 or the 60-90 range yet. But any more info from that aspect is welcomed.

Have to say as a new gamer all around, and a new gamer to this particular game I am finding it challenging. Starting off I died about 10 times before I got the hang of it. Been living for 30 days now but had a few close calls. I still find the game challenging but maybe that is becuase I'm not a hard core gamer nor play this for hours on end each day. I can see someone who games for most of their time or is a professional gamer might find this easy but I don't.

My biggest fear is that the devs will make this game super challenging to meet the needs of more experienced gamers but it will be too challenging for a newb to play or less experienced gamer to play. Now I'm not saying to nerf everything cause I love a challenge but I think there would even be a cut off point for me somewhere. I know there have been games I tried and just gave up cause I couldnt' get the hang of the keyboard let alone the game.

Overall I'm finding it exciting for each update to see how long I can live.

My biggest fear is that the devs will make this game super challenging to meet the needs of more experienced gamers but it will be too challenging for a newb to play or less experienced gamer to play. Now I'm not saying to nerf everything cause I love a challenge but I think there would even be a cut off point for me somewhere. I know there have been games I tried and just gave up cause I couldnt' get the hang of the keyboard let alone the game.

I'm a tad bit worried about this too. I think they could remedy this by splitting the game into a hardcore mode and a casual mode. Dunno if they have any interest in doing that or not though. I personally would play hardcore mode, but I realize not everyone has the stomach for punishment like I do. I want this game to be profitable for Klei because they are a great company. I don't want them to scare away their fanbase and make a game that doesn't sell because it's too hard.