Web Server List

Hello Community!

Many people hosting servers are currently unable to check whenever their server is on the list or not.

I was bored when login server was offline so I did this:

Don't Starve Together Server List

I hope someday Klei will put list like this on their site, but only with dedicated/public servers and implement direct connection via ip:port!

So far the only issue I'm having is that lobby listing not always return game mode, seems like issue with Klei's lobby service?

• Developer

Hey Jacklul,

Awesome work! 

We were just discussing how to fix direct ip join.  I believe this is something we can get working in the near future.  When we finish this, users would be able to join directly off of your listings :-)

I thought we finally laid the game mode issue to rest yesterday.  One of our servers was running old code, missing the game mode bit.  Are you still receiving this error today?

Cheers,

-Mark L

can you somehow add host's country flag? it would be very useful :-)

I have it coded but disabled it because it was taking too long to load the page(too many queries to ip2country database). Will have to figure out how to do it easier later.

I thought we finally laid the game mode issue to rest yesterday.  One of our servers was running old code, missing the game mode bit.  Are you still receiving this error today?

Seems like its fixed!

What I want to do in the near future is to redo the filtering, its very poor currently.

umm why not put the reload and filter link on the top of page? (instead of put it at the bottom)

Moved filtering to the top of the page.

It's just a temporary layout, it will change, maybe I will make it look like in-game server list, we'll see.

Possible API incoming to get individual server status.

We talked a bit over email, and I ended up getting this started and configured on a datacenter server with a gigabit uplink.

Just now setting it up to allow for server-owners to generate dynamic images from the stats.

Sorry for refreshing this old thread but I've just updated my list with new look!

:yaypigs:

(Yeah, that logo is meh, I'm very bad at this kind of stuff)

Some changes since my previous version:

-Filtering options are saved in a cookie so next time you open the list you will be using your previous filtering options. (it was already in previous version of my list but needed to be redone)

-Country flags... page will sometimes load instantly when most of the server IPs are already resolved and cached but when a lot of servers are not it will take a while... Would need better hosting to just leave this feature enabled 24/7.

-Searching for server name, no more CTRL+F!

-Tag search and option to show/hide empty/full servers

-Multiple columns (for PvP, Mods) replaced by icons with tooltips when you hover over them

Edit:

-Searching is now merged into one field

-Reload button will have flashing exclamation marks when updated list in available

-Added 'search for my server' feature (its under 'show country flags' link) it will look for server matching your current IP - will help people wanting to check if their homehosted server is on the list but still remember my list refreshes in 1 minute periods!

I haven't been following development for a while, was the support for click-connect links added (url handler) yet? 

@Klei, is there any way of getting current DST version via web? I would like to mark servers that are outdated/give option to hide them. I already tried looking up and files and came up with remote servers containing some build numbers but not the recent ones!

[site rendering bug]

On IE, the Get early access now is overlapping with the table. To fix, add float:left; style to earlyaccessinfo <p> tag

Oh god, totally forgot about IE.

It didn't want to load DS font, should be fixed now.

Had some free time and added a 24-hour servers/players graph and cached versions of the statistics page. :wilson_cool:

Your filters on the side don't seem to be working. I'm trying to see the subset of servers that are dedicated and not passworded, but after selecting those options and clicking "Apply" nothing happens. Reloading simply reloads the entire page and resets the filters.

Your filters on the side don't seem to be working. I'm trying to see the subset of servers that are dedicated and not passworded, but after selecting those options and clicking "Apply" nothing happens. Reloading simply reloads the entire page and resets the filters.

They are probably greyed out, which means they do nothing on the current page (statistics), I made it like this so people don't accidentally reset their preferred filtering settings.

Click the logo to see the server list where filtering controls are enabled.

They are probably greyed out, which means they do nothing on the current page (statistics), I made it like this so people don't accidentally reset their preferred filtering settings.

Click the logo to see the server list where filtering controls are enabled.

Thanks. How do I generate statistics for the filtered list?

Hey Jack, the site seems a bit slow on my end and I wanted to know if you would like a mirror. I could not find the source to it so I figured I should ask here.

It might be caused by Cloudflare, it's sometimes slow for some people, ping my.jacklul.com host from command line, it will probably show big ping there - I can do nothing about it, but if it's not then it might be your PC unable to handle looong list. There is a small chance that your ISP has very bad routes to Cloudflare servers.

What do you mean with the mirror? You want me to share my script?

PING jacklul.com (104.28.29.43): 56 data bytes64 bytes from 104.28.29.43: icmp_seq=0 ttl=50 time=76.929 ms64 bytes from 104.28.29.43: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=79.878 ms64 bytes from 104.28.29.43: icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=81.931 ms64 bytes from 104.28.29.43: icmp_seq=3 ttl=50 time=79.135 ms64 bytes from 104.28.29.43: icmp_seq=4 ttl=50 time=79.354 ms

The ping looks great to me. I'm on my rMBP so the processing speed should be fine.

Your script isn't public so I assume you don't want to release it. What I was thinking was if I could build a script to query your API (if you have one) every couple minutes or so and then display the results on my server to act as a mirror. So do you have an API I could query in this fashion?

PING jacklul.com (104.28.29.43): 56 data bytes64 bytes from 104.28.29.43: icmp_seq=0 ttl=50 time=76.929 ms64 bytes from 104.28.29.43: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=79.878 ms64 bytes from 104.28.29.43: icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=81.931 ms64 bytes from 104.28.29.43: icmp_seq=3 ttl=50 time=79.135 ms64 bytes from 104.28.29.43: icmp_seq=4 ttl=50 time=79.354 ms

The ping looks great to me. I'm on my rMBP so the processing speed should be fine.

Your script isn't public so I assume you don't want to release it. What I was thinking was if I could build a script to query your API (if you have one) every couple minutes or so and then display the results on my server to act as a mirror. So do you have an API I could query in this fashion?

I tried few different proxies, even Tor network to test my script, the load times were pretty normal for a proxy browsing, so the issue might be on Cloudflare server you're getting served from.

Trusting Chrome's developer tools network tab it can take up to 1000 msec to load the page when media content is not cached, takes half of that with local cache.

Thing worth noting: In rare cases the page might load slowly after list has been refreshed manually because of ip2country resolving.

About the mirror: I already had some people leech and parse my script page and that consumed a lot of bandwidth. Hosting API would have similar effect.

You can't. I don't really see a point in generating statistics for filtered lists.

It would be cool to see how many players play on dedicated servers vs. private servers, or on survival vs. other game modes. That's why I think generating statistics on filtered lists would be useful.

Another thing that would be helpful is notifications/alerts, for example when a new survival server starts up. Currently I keep having to go into the game (which I keep minimized) and refresh every 3-5 minutes in the hopes of catching a newly starting server.

Archived