I burst into flames randomly

So I am on day 23. When suddenly those pigs that come out randomly to eat you. They are on all fours and chase you. Well I killed a turkey near my base and the meat got stuck on the edge of the island in the ocean. There was 6 pigs that ran past me to try and get the glitched drumstick. They were by my pine tree forest that I have planted on the edge of my base. I chopped down all the trees around the pigs just in case they would turn on me when I attack, that I would not get stuck on pine trees during my escape. After I cleared the trees, I used my spear to kill all the pigs. They were glitched on the edge and did not attack me. On the last pig that I killed I suddenly burst into flames.

The fire started on me, then spread instantly to the entire map. My entire screen was filled in fire. I could not, what so ever run away from this. My guy instantly explodes and all my gear explodes.

I had a straw hat with a log suit and a spear.

Last thing I did before I died....

.... I dropped a unlit torch next to my fire pit, My fire pit does have pine trees next to it. I had this torch on the ground all night and day as I was freeing inventory and cooking food. Could the torch some how light my forest on fire? By the way I did not over feed my fire.

Efficient idea though, you can get some cheap charcoal that way.

If you plant trees closely enough you can set them all on fire with just one torch, though

I mean yeah, it's more efficient by way of literally using no materials aside from the pinecones, but...