(WIP) Human Charlie Mod

Nova Arson

Update: Not sure if I’ll keep her bangs the same, her dress and hair pieces still need work, and the eyes need to be smoothed out some, and I plan to add a little more detail to her flower, as well as fix her arm. I also need to still color the big portrait and make the save slot and select screen images. Still, she doesn't look bad.

tumblr_nfh05fUDNP1smbxq5o1_250.pngtumblr_nfh05fUDNP1smbxq5o2_250.pngtumblr_nfh05fUDNP1smbxq5o3_250.pngtumblr_nfh05fUDNP1smbxq5o7_250.pngtumblr_nfh05fUDNP1smbxq5o5_250.pngtumblr_nfh05fUDNP1smbxq5o4_250.pngtumblr_nfh05fUDNP1smbxq5o6_250.png

As for what I plan to do after finishing the art:

• Make Hallucinations friendly
  • Adjust her health/sanity/hunger bars
  • Give her a custom item
  • Give her her own voice (any suggestions?)
  • Dialogue (this one will take the longest, and I’ll probably save it for last)
  • Adjust what happens when she’s stuck in the dark (still dies, or wakes up with very low sanity/hunger/health)
  • Perhaps change what Maxwell says when he interacts with her

She should not have a special item, but rather a special ability.

Yes.

Perhaps both, like everyone else? Item and ability? As someone else suggested, perhaps I should let her have a shadow charlie thing, like Maxwells shadow ability?

Ah, mostly because it's sort of a rough draft, but I was also trying not to make them too big. I'm not used to drawing things in the don't starve style.

Update: Thanks to a suggestion on here, and from my friends, I believe I have a few ideas for what to do with her.

• Voice is a harp
  • Start item is the Codex Umbra which summons a shadow version of Charlie (similar to Maxwell)

As for her start item being a rain coat, I believe I'll take that away and just have it be the Codex Umbra, which would also change her perk to having a shadow version of herself instead of making Hallucinations friendly. As for her voice, I thought of making it a higher pitched version of the harmonium so it was like Maxwells, just more feminine. 

If you have any suggestions, let me know. 

Update: Ok, so I went to make her starter item, but unfortunately I'm having a bit of trouble. I was going to make her item the same as Maxwells, the Codex Umbra. When I went to make the item, I couldn't find something I needed in the anim files, so unless someone helps me out with that, then I'll need to switch her starter item/perk to something else. I'll hold off on making her starting item/perks for now and just focus on getting the main art done.

Maybe you could add some reverse effects for some thing, like having evil flowers gain sanity and sanity goes up at dusk and night or something like that. And she could become more powerful at night and dusk. :joyous:  

I might, but you need to remember she is still human for this mod. I might just have it to where she has magic books, or some other magic item, as her starting item. Something to help her, but I'm not wanting to make her over powered or anything. 

Update: Sort of an update. Here's what's going on with what I'm doing/plan to do on the mod.

• Arm needs to be fixed
  • Dress and hair pieces aren’t done (a friend is supposed to help with them)
  • Flower needs more detail
  • Eyes need to be smoothed over
  • I’m thinking of changing her bangs a bit

As for the other stuff

• Voice/Sound might be a harp
  • Starter item/Perk was going to be the Codex Umbra/Charlie shadow, like Maxwells, but I’m having difficulties, so unless I get help it’ll be something else
  • Her perk might be that Hallucinations are friendly
  • Save slot and select screen need to be finished
  • Someone offered to do the Big Portrait, so once that’s done I’ll post it
  • Dialogue. This will take the longest, so I’m saving it for last. 

I’ll be giving credit to whoever helps me with this mod, so no worries there. 

Given I’m having trouble with her perk/starter item, and how long the dialogue will take, I’ll most likely be adding those things in when I update the mod. I plan to release version 1.0 before, or by, December 15. After that I won’t post any updates until I return from visiting my family.

IT LIVES

Excellent!

Looking forward to this.

Also, Mut, I would really much rather that being stuck out in the dark for too long turn Charlie into the Grue(in other words, death), akin to what was planned for the original version of the mod.

I was actually thinking about doing that, it seeming like it'd be more fair. Perhaps I could just have her change what she says when the grue's attacking to things where she's feeling odd/sick?

Can the first post be udpated to have a download link?   I cant do anything related to art but I can try to get the code working to do the  codex or friendly shadows

Since someone pointed out that Charlie's actually afraid of shadows, something I forgot about, I don't believe I'll do the codex thing, but I do still like the idea of making the shadows friendly. I'm still deciding on it, but if I do make it to where they don't attack and I need help, I'll message you. Thank you for the offer!

Update: Since I haven't actually put an update in a few days, mainly because I've been a bit lazy/busy, here you go.

• Since it was pointed out that Charlie is afraid of Shadow Creatures, her special/starter item will be her trench coat
  • For her perk I believe it will be that Hallucinations are friendly
  • I think I'll make it to where she does turn into the Grue at night, resulting in her death and a game over. For this to work, I may have it to where she's aware of what she could become, and when/if she sees the Grues eyes at night, that would simply be her seeing her future.

Update: Alright, since I'm not sure where my lovely girlfriend put the drawing tablet, I can't work on fixing up Charlie atm. I will do so later on tonight and hopefully have her arms, and a few other small things, fixed up by then.

I'm planning to try and do the hair pieces by myself once more. I hope I can get them to work, but I do have an idea I'm going to try. As for her dress, I know I'll need some help with that. Since that one person is rather busy, I may ask my girlfriend to help me with that instead.

The gruesomeness meter is basically a custom meter that measures how close Charlie is to becoming the Grue.

Health: 130

Sanity: 110(Muhahahaha)

Hunger: 150

Yeah. I may need help making it. It'll be a bit before I do make that, but I'll let people know when I get to it.

I actually got a suggestion for her stuff to be

Health:125

Sanity:150

Hunger:150

Though I like the idea of her having lower Sanity. After all, she knows the guy that's (supposedly) running everything, so that's bound to take its toll.

Archived