Wilson gets fat

I love this idea!It would be nice to balance in the vegie vs. meat diet with seasons in mind.Lets say in the summer you can eat more vegies, which would push you more towards "skinny", and you would have to compensate that with a little bit of meat to stay "fit", giving you all the perks.However for the winter, you would be forced to go on a more meaty / preserved food diet, which would tend to push character more into "fat", and would have to be compensated with more activity to burn off calories, to stay within "fit".I would keep it simpler than what op is proposing. Keep the same values of food for hunger bar, so you would need to fill it as you would before, but just have separate values for "fatness". So you still need to fill your pie hole with food, but you need to be careful as to the balance of food, so you balancing hanger vs. fatness. Also this would force more activity from the player. My character has been sitting for the past 50 days out of 100+ on its ass on the far, basically doing nothing, as he simply doesn't NEED to do anything to survive anymore. He would definitely get a lot more fatter, and thus more sluggish in the combat, which would make hounds that more dangerous.... I'm killing my guy off, the fat bastard...

Didn't the devs say that at one point they were designing a similar system (characters would gain or lose weight depending on what they do/eat), but abandoned it due to some issues they encountered? I could have sworn that I had read something about that before...

Didn't the devs say that at one point they were designing a similar system (characters would gain or lose weight depending on what they do/eat), but abandoned it due to some issues they encountered? I could have sworn that I had read something about that before...

Tha Devs said that it was only cosmetic and the reason they stopped doing it was because it made making new characters take longer.

Tha Devs said that it was only cosmetic and the reason they stopped doing it was because it made making new characters take longer.

Yeah I can see that. Each state, skinny, fit, fat, would require an entire set of animations, making the work load for animation artists that much bigger. Multiply that by number of characters in the game.... yeah... Sucks though, an interesting idea. Maybe in "Don't Starve 2" ? Hehe

then we need a very buff football couch character who is all-ways fit no matter what.

He will be stronger than Wolfgang. He will have his even more buffer twin ghost brother visit him at night. He can wrestle the Grue to death. He can start fires just by right clicking and holding shift on something. He doesn't need the science machine for he is also a scientist. He grows the top tier of beard in half a day. He has night vision. Anyone who attacks him will take damage. He also has 700 health. Edited by Wilson P. Higgsbury

He will be stronger than wolf gang. He will have his even more buffer twin ghost brother visit him at night. He can wrestle the Grue to death. He can start fires just by right clicking and holding shift on something. He doesn't need the science machine for he is also a scientist. He grows the top tier of beard in half a day.

he will have-500HP-300 hunger-10x damage on everything-he runs at 1.5x speed-his dead brother Steve visits every night-if Steve is there he can kill the grue -if hounds see him they will run away-he grows a beard that gives 20 hairs in 1 day.