Telescope for observing meteorites and predicting their landing.

From what I´ve seen in the trailer, meteorite showers will randomly kill you. Maybe a cool way of introducing them, would be to be able to craft a telescope out of 4x gold, 4x ropes and 2x planks. When you use it, you can find out how many days you´ve got until the meteorites hit and the coordinates for where they are going to land. This way, you can avoid being crushed to death, but also you know where to go to mining for new stones once it´s safe

I just think that the instant death by homing meteorites is a bit ridiculous.

From what I´ve seen in the trailer, meteorite showers will randomly kill you. Maybe a cool way of introducing them, would be to be able to craft a telescope out of 4x gold, 4x ropes and 2x planks. When you use it, you can find out how many days you´ve got until the meteorites hit and the coordinates for where they are going to land, in order to avoid being crushed to death.

I just think that the instant death by homing meteorites is a bit ridiculous.

They are just as easy to avoid as rooks are.

(Which means really easy)

I'm assuming meteors are primarily a fix to the problem of not having renewable rocks without caves. So I'd guess they'd only show up in rocky biomes. In any case, we definitely don't have enough information on them to be clamoring for fixes already.

Archived