Idea for a fun pvp mod in Dst

How about 4vs4 players but:

-4 players start as ghosts and can possess any mob or non-aggro being from game.

-ghosts are invisible for humans, in this way can scout human base and everything, but if they touch a tree or some static object from field, this object should act strange like moving a bit or a sound. If ghosts are close to humans sanity should drop fast.

-humans should survive some amount of days to win. There should be some expensive items to see ghosts. After you kill a ghost should drop some loot. To see a ghost, you should have 10% sanity something similar.

Imagine the possibilities:

-collecting poop from beffalo, and a random beffalo smack your face because is possessed.

-feed a pig to solve a problem but he is possessed. He acts normal until ghost can take control of him and led human in a trap.

-if naughty level drop very low, ghosts can hurt humans very hard(in someway, sanity drain multiplier if ghost is close, or physical damage). This can prevent camping on a rabbit field and commit mass murder against their species.

-the most successful ghost can be the giant to wreck base and everything humans love to have and rest of them can possess hounds.

-when a ghost die, should drop a item like Abigail flower and if is not burried in a grave in like 1 or 2 days should respawn from that item again.

About Ghosts:

-they seems OP but we can find a mechanic for them to survive, should eat something, sanity should work backwards. I mean if ghosts not harm someone should lose sanity overtime.

-ghost should be vulnerable against non-innocent beings.

-ghost should rest in a grave during the full moon, or something to let breathe humans.

-map should pe revelead only partially. I don't know a ghost can haunt an entire island or land, never heard about this.

-if humans discover where ghosts rest during the full moon, they can go and dig and see ghosts without 10% sanity and kill it.

Ideas and Ideas. Maybe this can come alive later on as a mod

Feel free to contribute with another ideas or tell me what do you think about this little idea for a pvp mode.

(why did I peek before going back to bed *sigh*)

it's more likely though the possession suggestion part wouldn't be liked by the majority of players falling in the OP camp, but if  it was, possession alone is a major overhaul and not a simple 1/2 day coding thing.

This major overhaul wouldn't be done likely until after the game is in a stable beta state. So if ever done, it would be late beta and more likely post release. 

But if you want coders to try and have it done in a mod, feel free to assemble it while Klei works on basic things ATM like "not crashing" and "not lagging until you freeze." 

I like the idea. In fact, there is a game like it called Geist, which is for the Gamecube. The multiplayer was like this, but imho, wasn't really fully seen to its potential. Keep this idea filed away, though. Maybe some modders can make an arena map with this mechanic in the future.

Archived