I've reported this problem in the bug tracker, and @SethR suggested waiting until the Steam overlay notification appears and then disappears before clicking 'Play Online'.

However, this solution doesn't work for me at all :( My bug report got locked, and I didn't really want to open a new bug report if noone else was experiencing it. Haven't managed to participate in the beta thus far because of it. Closing and reopening Don't Starve Together or Steam doesn't help either.

I've reported this problem in the bug tracker, and @SethR suggested waiting until the Steam overlay notification appears and then disappears before clicking 'Play Online'.

However, this solution doesn't work for me at all :( My bug report got locked, and I didn't really want to open a new bug report if noone else was experiencing it. Haven't managed to participate in the beta thus far because of it. Closing and reopening Don't Starve Together or Steam doesn't help either.

Try to reboot your PC.

• Developer

We locked a number of threads when we pushed out the patch on Saturday specifically so that we'd know if it was still happening for people, so please do write a new report! It can just link to your previous thread, saying it's still happening, and provide any additional relevant details. Thanks!

We locked a number of threads when we pushed out the patch on Saturday specifically so that we'd know if it was still happening for people, so please do write a new report! It can just link to your previous thread, saying it's still happening, and provide any additional relevant details. Thanks!

It happened to me earlier today, for nearly 2 hours or so, reboots, reinstalls etc, 

What I ended up doing in the end was spamming the confirmation link in the email that is sent to you when you register, after doing that several times, that seemed to fix the issue. 

Archived