Some ideas for WX-78 In DST

Ok, let's say you're playing DST, and as WX-78. You've been charged by lightning. You're having fun with the temporary boost, wich is nice. Now a guy comes around and kills you (Let's say wilson.). Don't you want a little revenge on wilson? Don't you want to show him not to mess with you?

Well, do i have a suggestion for you!

I say that WX-78, when charged by lightning, Emitts a small, electric explotion when he dies, just to teach that wilson not to mess with you! And even if it doesn't kill him, he'd be badly damaged. and even better, i'd also suggest the explotion having a semi-large effect on sanity for those pesky wilsons out there!

Another suggestion is that if WX is upgraded with gears, he drops them upon death. and (If that's not a thing already) he looses those upgrades untill he steals them back from that stupid wilson.

On the contruary, if wilson feels sorry for you for killing you/ is just a nice guy (and didnt kill you in the first pleace) he could give gears to WX! Just right-click him with gears to give them to him! this would work really good in coop! Wilson stays at base, farms his beard, farms crops, farms time or whatever, and WX is out exploring with him beeing boosted by the gears, and therefore beeing stronger, and so, less probable to die a painful death.

Of course, Downsides will be obvious. Fighting alongside yor friends and dying? your buddies will have to Run for the hills so they won't get electro-shocked to death. So yeah.

Now, is this a good idea? or is it pure garbage? Feel free to tell me!

It seems like the explosion gives him a bit of an unfair advantage (being overcharged is already a pretty big advantage), especially in vanilla where it's significantly easier to become overcharged.

Dropping gears sounds like it would make playing WX pretty frustrating.

But the way that death works in general is still a bit of an open question, so until we know more details about it, it's going to be unclear whether characters need tweaks or not.

Another thing to consider is that the devs currently aren't focusing on polishing PvP interactions, they're trying to make sure coop makes sense and works well. So you'll probably get more productive discussion on these kinds of suggestions towards the end of beta / post release.

It seems like the explosion gives him a bit of an unfair advantage (being overcharged is already a pretty big advantage), especially in vanilla where it's significantly easier to become overcharged.

Dropping gears sounds like it would make playing WX pretty frustrating.

But the way that death works in general is still a bit of an open question, so until we know more details about it, it's going to be unclear whether characters need tweaks or not.

Another thing to consider is that the devs currently aren't focusing on polishing PvP interactions, they're trying to make sure coop makes sense and works well. So you'll probably get more productive discussion on these kinds of suggestions towards the end of beta / post release.

Well, theese are suggestions. so it's about a 0.001 1/2 chance tht that would ever get added. But yeah. Maybe i should edit in some disadventages for WX-78 that would combat theese effects.

Hmm... Tricky tricky...

Well one disadvantage would be that friendly characters would have to run for the hills if their charged wx-78 friend went down. It would suck to get killed because you were fighting next to him, but it adds a cool element of danger to our overcharged friend.

Well one disadvantage would be that friendly characters would have to run for the hills if their charged wx-78 friend went down. It would suck to get killed because you were fighting next to him, but it adds a cool element of danger to our overcharged friend.

Edited in. I didn't really think about that actually...

Don't you want a little revenge on wilson? Don't you want to show him not to mess with you?

this is for real? that robot need nerfed hard. He should take more damage from rain and freezing faster because is a piece of metal... He should have like 150 HP. it's not normal to tank Charlie in a Winter Night eating gears after every hit. He should be fragile like other robots from game, I never understood why he is the most tanky robot from game, a non-player robot should be OP not a player robot.

he should have sanity drain when kill other robots and drain sanity when eat gears. Because is """cannibalism"""". Is against logic to kill your own people, but he is controlled by us and he don't want to that and so... he need sanity drain for that like 1/sec.

and he should take damage over-time after fights, because is a robot, a piece of metal can't heal like humans.

That's what I call balanced.

I think this might be a little OP considering the lightning boost lasts for roughly a day and he's already OP enough that he shouldn't be killed by Wilson. If anything Wilson should get something for himself because he killed a really fast, really strong OP character. 

Try seeing it from someone else's point of view who has to fight WX-78

Archived