Will RoG Characters be in Beta of DST?

One of my favorite characters in the game is webber and I really look forward to playing webber in DST but I am worried that I will have to wait until all the other content for RoG comes out for DST for webber to be implemented, what do you guys think?

Well, hearing RoG is not fully supported atm, I don't think Wigfrid or Webber will be in DST for now as both are part of the RoG expansion and putting something where it doesn't exist and isn't compatible (RoG to Vanilla) will mostly cause errors in Webber and possibly crash the servers.

One of my favorite characters in the game is webber and I really look forward to playing webber in DST but I am worried that I will have to wait until all the other content for RoG comes out for DST for webber to be implemented, what do you guys think?

I think that those who purchased RoG will have access to Webber and Wigfrid.

Yes, on the SINGLE player game, BUT NOT for the initial DST Beta. 

Look, this was answered in the FAQ

Reign of Giants?

Reign of Giants will not be available for Don’t Starve Together at this time. This may or may not come in the future, we have to see how everything works out.

And this was answered by JanH here:

Reign of Giants content won't be available for Don’t Starve Together at this time. This may or may not come in the future, we have to see how everything works out.

And it won't change for the initial DST release.

If anybody still doesn't understand the "but what about...?" in RoG for DST, the initial Beta release answer is: 

NO!

If this changes, Klei will release something at that time. 

Well, i don't think about it very much, but even if the character wont reach out to dont starve together, there is always modding if they decide to add that, so someone will probably add webber to the workshop along with more characters and aspects from rog. fun for everyone!

Well, i don't think about it very much, but even if the character wont reach out to dont starve together, there is always modding if they decide to add that, so someone will probably add webber to the workshop along with more characters and aspects from rog. fun for everyone!

I gurantee you that the new workshop webber wont be the same... look at the webber for vanila we have now

Reign of Giants content won't be available for Don’t Starve Together at this time. This may or may not come in the future, we have to see how everything works out.

I can understand why RoG won't be done till vanilla Don't Starve Together is made. Since the groundwork has to be done first. However to me personally RoG the full uncut experience of Don't Starve. The extra seasons, biomes and the 3 additional giants will be missed, for the extra needed difficulty curve (& variety) for the overworld. I know it could be modded in, but I don't think it would be the same. Especially without some guidance from the development team on how RoG would work within DST. Heck I would not mind if you charged an extra $5 for RoG just to get it added into DST. I think people would get it in a heartbeat, just for the added experience.

If anybody still doesn't understand the "but what about...?" in RoG for DST, the initial Beta release answer is: 

NO!

I was saying that eventually in multiplayer there would be Wigfrid and Webber would be available to DLC owners.

EDIT the quotes don't appear in my quote, so this looks weird

NO!

Clearly pal i am not on here much seeing that i have two posts, thanks for answering the question, but no need for sass.  :love_heart:  :spidercowers:

I gurantee you that the new workshop webber wont be the same... look at the webber for vanila we have now

I beg to differ, as far as i know, each character has its own lua code, i don't see a problem transferring the code from rog into the server one, ofcourse you will have to modify it to fit in a server but it might even be better than the other webber

I beg to differ, as far as i know, each character has its own lua code, i don't see a problem transferring the code from rog into the server one, ofcourse you will have to modify it to fit in a server but it might even be better than the other webber

Although I desperately hope you are right (because I love and want to play Webber), it may be quite a bit more complicated than that. There may be hundreds of pages of code that don't play well with servers, because the developers never meant for this to be a multiplayer game. Now they are trying to make us happy, and have to re-write a TON of stuff. It might logically seem like an easy task, but coding isn't always logically easy.

Give them time. I'm sure they will make the best of everything they can.

Although I desperately hope you are right (because I love and want to play Webber), it may be quite a bit more complicated than that. There may be hundreds of pages of code that don't play well with servers, because the developers never meant for this to be a multiplayer game. Now they are trying to make us happy, and have to re-write a TON of stuff. It might logically seem like an easy task, but coding isn't always logically easy.

Give them time. I'm sure they will make the best of everything they can.

Have you seen what people made in the workshop?, there is crazy things if you search in the right place, webber might be hard as nails to code into normal don't starve but who cares?, maybe there will be a character just like him or even better, there is over than 200 characters and you are sad about webber not in the initial release?, i'd rather have mods than a dlc

Archived