So,I know that it is speculated that the Dark Sword is just a twig that the player imagines to be a sword because of insanity.My idea that goes with this is that the shadow sword just appears as a stick that the player is carrying to the other players,but when they get hit it does real soviet damage! the damage of a shadow sword.

Why? Nightmare fuel is visible by all as nightmare fuel, doesn't mean the dark sword, nightmare armor and even items made with nightmare fuel should be too.

I was thinking it'd be more like a PVP deception thing,you wouldn't really consider a player carrying around a cut log threatening would you?

I was thinking it'd be more like a PVP deception thing,you wouldn't really consider a player carrying around a cut log threatening would you?

Yes. It can jab you in the chest, leg, arm, head, anywhere to be exact. It either could kill you or cripple your ability to do certain tasks (walk, hold things) and no, I'm not saying this should be in DST, I'm putting realism into this.

Yes. It can jab you in the chest, leg, arm, head, anywhere to be exact. It either could kill you or cripple your ability to do certain tasks (walk, hold things) and no, I'm not saying this should be in DST, I'm putting realism into this.

I didn't mean a log sharpened to a point,I meant maybe a log cut in half with some nightmare fuel on it,or a stick with nightmare fuel on it.Something that doesn't look very threatening.

I didn't mean a log sharpened to a point,I meant maybe a log cut in half with some nightmare fuel on it,or a stick with nightmare fuel on it.Something that doesn't look very threatening.

Let me cut this up so I can analyze what you just said.

"I didn't mean a log sharpened to a point"

1.)  Let me quote what you said before: "you wouldn't really consider a player carrying around a cut log threatening would you?" A cut log could mean both cut in half or cut to be sharp (also known as sharpening something).

"I meant maybe a log cut in half with some nightmare fuel on it,or a stick with nightmare fuel on it."

2.) That's reasonable but even still if you held out nightmare fuel to someone, I'm pretty sure they'd see the dark sword just as fine.

"Something that doesn't look very threatening."

3.) Granted someone walking around with a log isn't instantly threatening. But someone walking towards you hold a log like a sword is a threat. Like in rust when you see people running with rocks.

Archived