Bees?

annber

okay so i have searched everywhere for the bees no where to be found....and im challenging myself to get 100 days so i dont wanna just restart so im like kinda upset do you know anything at all about that......i wanna make a bee hive

I was very excited to find that bees and hives are available, but VERY disappointed to hear that we would have to start all over to get them? Unacceptable, really -- I'm at 50+ days and am really invested. Start over? Fail. No way. You need to find a way to make sure that your new items are available in current games.

well after day 60+ i explored all the land had 7 chest full kill almost all the buffol and like it started getting boring.....just turn all your meat spider related stuff and food except for berries and seeds into science points then your many days wont go to wastmeat is worth 7points any object you make is 10 or morewood/stones/spider web and eggs give you 5 i ended up with 2000+ points after 2 days of just clicking into the science machine

I fear how often were going to have to start over.

Fear? I'm EXCITED. Starting over mean new features. New features means exploring to discover them. Discovering them means hunting for bugs :D What's not to like?Someday I'm gonna make a game where it's sole purpose is to discover ways of beating the system.PS: From what I gather, the updates will come every other Tuesday. Two weeks per game feels enough, even if you can only play a little bit everyday. Edited by Excess

I have yet to get a world that has bee's in it so may I as what they/honey does?

It lets you make a bee farm which grows about one piece of honey a day which you can eat.

PS: From what I gather, the updates will come every other Tuesday. Two weeks per game feels enough, even if you can only play a little bit everyday.

When the new update came out I had about a two hour marathon to find out how the bees work so… it's not really a big problem for me.:p Edited by Toaster Fu

The option to build a beehouse is there without the restart but i can not find any bees :/ do not tell me that i have to restart. Thats really sad and it can really make a people to give up on this game... why should anyone waste his time by getting his character stronger...when he would have to start over every time when new update comes?

Thanks for the heads up Toaster Fu. I re-rolled my world and found a beehive and proceeded to lay the smack down on some buzzing bugs. Only had a single one in the whole world as I proceeded to explore the whole map (took 25 in game days and i am loving the new larger worlds).

I also discovered a slight problem well not so much a problem as a funny situation as I've taken to setting up my main camp in the middle of the pig king camp. The problem is that I built the beehive there as well and and i discovered that pigs REALLY don't like bees as they attack them on sight as Soon as they spawn from the bee box.

The upside is that you will have multiple stacks of honey extremely quickly off all the dead bee as they keep spawning and they don't appear to be able to kill the pigs.

The down side is that is make my camp very hectic as there is bees and pigs running around like lunatics

Judging from my time playing minecraft I'd probably say about 10 to 12fps around that mark, or in other words, just barely acceptable.:p But then again it is spec'd up to one and a half gigs of ram.:p

Edit: Turns out it's about 12-14fps.

Edited by Toaster Fu

If you have any suggestions for getting a more accurate frame rate reading I'm all ears.

Open a new Chrome tab, paste this...

chrome://flags/

...look for FPS counter and hit enable. Restart Chrome, open Don't Starve (if it ain't your homepage yet) and voilá

PS: My gig runs Don't Starve at a steady 32 FPS until I enter a dense forest, when it drops to 12.

Edited by Excess