Rival Tribe: The Majestic Rhinos

Since we have much new Members on the forum who have never heard of this at least mentionable idea I will be so bold to bump this thread a little bit to get some new and fresh opinions.

Also I add the Rhinomen sheet I was working on for the now sleeping SuperMod

Posted Image

Edited by MilleniumCount

Rhino you say? https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1006017_693814500635610_1291854715_n.jpgWho else found these Effin Rhinos? I nearly died. They could actually smash a rocK! the HECK!!

Yeah, the Clockwork Rook! ^^ Yes they are quite a menace but we waited for it quite some time and the Rhinomen idea is even older.

I love the idea, and the pictures are very good, but pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase, help me, I'm new and I don't know how add pictures :,(

Alright, there are several posibilities to add pictures to your posts. If you hit Quick reply or Quote a post you see the row in which are the icons for Bold, Font, Size etc. near the end there is the little picture of a tree. With it you have the option to either load a picture from your computer or use an Url of the picture ou like to show.Or you can put around the Url of the picture or you can use an extern programm like Imageshack which provides you with a link for forum uses!I hope this is helpful to you? ^^

So if I want to add a picture directly, it has to be on interet?

Let's say it is the easiest way. The alternative is an image host platform like ImageShack or imgur. They are free and a good possibility. I'm using ImageShack and my DeviantArt Account to post pictures. The directly adding a picture option isn't working properly we already mentioned it but we wait for fixing...

But we've already got a charging rihno in the game.

But this one is a mob and the Rhinomen are an additional tribe like Pigmen and Merms.

I tried to insert an image from imageshack, the URL is http://imageshack.us/f/10/wodm.jpg/ , but it says only "error: Invalid key"

Ah, go in your pictures and chose the i - icon which means Share it your picture then you get a list of urls the big one in the middle is for forums and should work...

it is a mess, you could ask everyone here on the forums, especially in the art section....-_-

A Rhinoman could never possibly defeat a Merman, because Rhinoman is a Rock-type, while Merman is obviously a Water-type. That means all Rhinoman's attacks deal 1/2 damage, while an attack from Merman deals x2 damage, as it's "Super Effective". I'm not sure, but if I were Merman's trainer I would make him do Hydroblast, win, and then return him to my Pokeball.

Rock-type moves deal normal damage againts Water-types and Hydroblast isn't a move.

I see you're new at this.

• Like 1

I think I should summarize the suggestion somehow:

New Tribe Rhiomen

- semi aggressive (between neutral pigs and agressive Merms) not attacking the player on sight but not elusive like the pigs

- befriendable with war spoils (monster loot except meat) better loot gives longer follow time (Glands not so long, spiderhat lasts several days)

- Villages in rocky biomes or new tropical biomes

- free rooming single hunter/warrior rhinos who search for mobs to fight them and are attacking on sight (perhaps trading with a rhino king or some other mechanic results in some kind of totem which allow to befriend these mighty warriors or at least prevent being attacked

- help the player smashing rocks, better fighters than pigs but no sanity bonus because they are not as friendly as pigs even if befriended

- drop Meat and either rhino hide or horns on dead (new stuff to craft)

- rocky houses or tropical huts (depends on biome)

Posted Image

If someone has ideas for the rhinos or something please I would love some additional feedback since more people means more oppinions means better result ^^

Edited by MilleniumCount

I think I should summarize the suggestion somehow:- befriendable with war spoils (monster loot except meat) better loot gives longer follow time (Glands not so long, spiderhat lasts several days)

Rhinos are hervibore,so I think instead of befriending them with war spoils,you should be able to befriend them with fruits(no berries) but for a very sort amount of time.What about befriending them with fruit medleys?

Rhinos are hervibore,so I think instead of befriending them with war spoils,you should be able to befriend them with fruits(no berries) but for a very sort amount of time.What about befriending them with fruit medleys?

Yes, we could use fruits. The war spoils came from them being more of a warrior tribe, they respect you when you show them you can kill mobs, also the worth of the spoil mechanic. I could imagine your rhino followers adress you depending on what spoil you used to befriend them like Gland -> Spiderslayer up to Spider hat -> Queenslayer. I think a Fruit Medley would be a little bit hard to think of. since the game should function in a learning by doing way. When the Rhinomen ask: You Warrior? The player could think of what they want from him/her. I don't know if Rhinomen, as I imagine them of course (which must not be the final decision), would ask: Have you an assortment of fruit? Although this would be really funny...^^