Containers and Walrus Tusk.

I didn't speak about the Ice Box. Previously, the Ice Box was opening on the left side, just as the Crock Pot opens on the right.

In the same way a chest opens on the top side, the Chester opened on the underside.

So, previously, was possible open an Ice Box, a Crock Pot, a chest and the Chester at the same time.

Now that I think about it, I wonder how the containers are doing at the moment (i.e. are they open only client side, or does the inventory show for everyone?)

That would be the most annoying thing on the planet.

"Hmmm, I should put this thulecite in this chest and-"

*Suddenly someone takes it*

10/2 would rage

That would be the most annoying thing on the planet.

"Hmmm, I should put this thulecite in this chest and-"

*Suddenly someone takes it*

10/2 would rage

No it wouldnt.

"Great, now that the thulecite is stored... adventure!"

*three days later*

"I need to get some thulecite for a new suit. Where is it gone?"

2/10 would only play with friends

I totally agree with this container problem. It really bothers me because it was such a great, and really helpfull, option and tool in many cases. I can't really figure out why they should ever remove this from the game, and i really hope that it's just a bug that will be fixed. Klei, please fix or remake this option.

You're actually right about the walrus tusk too. It would be nice with some more building options.

No it wouldnt.

"Great, now that the thulecite is stored... adventure!"

*three days later*

"I need to get some thulecite for a new suit. Where is it gone?"

2/10 would only play with friends

Yes, it would. Putting something in a box, everyone on the server being able to see it, and the second it gets put in it gets stolen.

and only 2/10? I guess the other 8 are playing with complete strangers...

Yes, it would. Putting something in a box, everyone on the server being able to see it, and the second it gets put in it gets stolen.

and only 2/10? I guess the other 8 are playing with complete strangers...

Of course you can open any ol'e chest. The question is only about opening the chest at the same time, like in most games, or locking it while it's open to someone, like in, say, Terraria.

2/10 is a rating, what did you think?

e.g. 10/10 must play, 6/10 very grim, 0/10 would suicide, 9/10 looks sexy,...

Of course you can open any ol'e chest. The question is only about opening the chest at the same time, like in most games, or locking it while it's open to someone, like in, say, Terraria.

2/10 is a rating, what did you think?

e.g. 10/10 must play, 6/10 very grim, 0/10 would suicide, 9/10 looks sexy,...

You aren't getting it...

When you open a chest, the entire chest shows to EVERYONE no matter where they are whenever it gets opened.  This means you could be miles away from civilization, open a chest, and someone that just spawned steal it.  Now do you understand?

And still. 2/10, even if it's a rating, would be 2 out of 10 people playing with their friends. or 20 out of 100. or 200 out of 1,000. or 2,000 out of 10,000. or 20,000 out of 100,000. or 200,000 out of 1,000,000. or 2,000,000 out of 10,000,000. You get the idea.

You aren't getting it...

When you open a chest, the entire chest shows to EVERYONE no matter where they are whenever it gets opened.  This means you could be miles away from civilization, open a chest, and someone that just spawned steal it.  Now do you understand?

And still. 2/10, even if it's a rating, would be 2 out of 10 people playing with their friends. or 20 out of 100. or 200 out of 1,000. or 2,000 out of 10,000. or 20,000 out of 100,000. or 200,000 out of 1,000,000. or 2,000,000 out of 10,000,000. You get the idea.

no and no.

How could anyone see inside a chest miles away? The GUI is fixed above the chest!

2 out of 10 score points... the syntax is: score .. recommendation .. summary of experience(optional)

EDIT: Upon reasonable and in fact appreciated request of Truthseeker I'm giving further explanation

GUI: I said it wrong. I meant that the GUI can only show up above the chest, because you need to be near it.

score: www.metacritic.com just as an example.

You aren't getting it...

no and no.

How could anyone see inside a chest miles away? The GUI is fixed above the chest!

2 out of 10 score points... the syntax is: score .. recommendation .. summary of experience(optional)

Apologies in advance for using logic and reason.

Can both of you please explain where you are getting your information from? 

Can you please explain where you are getting your information from? 

If you look at the first comment I put on here, the person I was quoting said what I started talking about. I don't know if that's an actual bug, I just said it would be the most annoying thing on the planet.

SO WB are you saying it would be annoying it it showed to everyone and not that it does?

If so that explains WB's info. 

Mobbstar, your turn. 

(And if anybody using the current or used the current MP mods has done this I'd love your info for reference how this in the game "works by default before the Klei programmers have to change it." )

SO Weston Weirdobob, the one, the amazing, the beautiful, the stunning, the mystifying,  the daring, the bold; are you saying it would be annoying it it showed to everyone and not that it does?

YES! That's exactly what I'm saying!

Thank you, Truthseeker, for seeing what I'm saying. Even though that's a paradox.

*remembers not to throw stones at people living in glass houses...in the clouds...of their own imagination...and just smiles/grins while slooowly backing away* 

I wonder how people would react to my final form.

Archived