Can we have much more mysteries to DS?

Looking at the puzzles that we have solved (we only had two) Don't starve mysteries are nothing compared to something I found out about recently. Ever heard of Gravity falls? I think it's a mystery type of cartoon series animated by Disney. I found out about it while checking on Loontoons channel and to be honest, the hidden misteries it gives is far more advanced than DS mysteries.

Sinse we have Don't starve Together comjng out, I thought may be it's possible for the devs to make like a minipuzzle ingame after every new update until the DST gets fully released and we could be able to get the big puzzle, where we would need to use all the information of the small puzzles to figure out the big one. So the crows giving notes is something I kind of wish was in the game more.

Tell me what you think about this idea for puzzles, guys. I myself would really like to see more stuff, say may be in the ruins there's like a really rare chance you'll find some kind of mysterious symbol or message to decode or may be on the surface you could find some set pieces that reveal a hidden message, or something along those lines is what DS really needs, in my opinion. The more mysterious, the more we want to play it Together, right?

Much effort. Probably too much. Unless the hype is massive, and it shoots sales through the roof. I personally don't know anyone who would find interest in Don't Starve because of a mystery. I myself aren't much excited about more huge riddles either. I am all for small ones, but big mysteries are a bit... big.

Why mix a survival game with puzzles or hidden object games? You'll have to build a new game engine or two, and I don't think it's worth the effort.

Unless, you are talking about story-telling. Who doesn't want to know more about how every character ended on the island.

Yeah, the backstories is exactly where I'm pointing this at; if we have some hidden stuff in the ruins, we would be able to find out what really happened to the ancient people that lived there! So I'm expecting another DLC after DST called Do't starve The Way or something like that, which would reveal a lot of backstories, what certain stuff is, have more features to the overworld and especially the undergeound (which includes cqves and ruins) and The Way out of the world forever and ever and ever and ever (you know the drill).

PS. Just watched Season 1 of Gravity falls and it's freaking amazing! A lot of the artstyle is what DS has, it's like modern day DS, but it's not a survival game but a mystery cartoon series. Recommend watching it. I might sound mad, but I kinda wanna have character mods for some Gravity falls characters... Imagine Dipper with Journal No.3 and Mable with a grapling hook as special items; someone make a mod for this when DST comes out, I'd love it!

I don't know about "puzzle". but Backstory? I think that is the most requested feature in DS right now, even more so than DST. The thing is though, there are 2 things about the backstory queston that no one seems to ask:

1. who is going to write these backstories - most likely Klei hasn't, they just added more Characters for variety.

2. how to implement the story telling? puzzles is one way, but I don't think that it feels true to the DS experience. I think it would be better to have a short animation that replaces the "loading new world" screen, as much as I like that thing. Or, a special Adventure Mode level that gets swapped in, that is specific to each Character that explores their experience. It might be good to replace that last level where all you do is walk through torches, with some kind of banter/struggle with/against maxwell.

Archived