Wilbur Ideas

I have been looking through some characters that weren't implemented into the game when I stumbled across Wilbur, the monkey. I have an idea of how he would work in game.

1. Wilbur, being an animal, should drop manure from time to time after eating food. Perhaps there is a 15% chance of him doing that.

2. Wilbur would have a lower in sanity and lose sanity faster then most of the characters but his crown would help him keep sane.

That is all I have in my head and I might change some stuff later.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////edit 1

1. Wilbur will drop manure 15% of the time if he eats anything

2. Wilbur has a lower sanity but has a crown that has a positive sanity aura.

3. Wilbur has the ability to befriend Splumonkeys and they will be neutral to Wilbur all the time.

4. At a certain time, he turns into a shadow monkey. While in this form, he will drop special items rarely, and all neutral mobs become hostile, and all hostile mobs become neutral. As a shadow monkey, he has a negative sanity aura to everything around him but not him.

The Story Of Wilbur

Wilbur was an intelligent monkey and was part of a circus act in the "Strongman Circus."

He wore a silly crown and was locked up in a cage with his other brothers and sisters. The act was being the top of monkeys that cling together (just like the toys). They were beaten and abused to exploit people for money. Then one day Maxwell stumbled upon Wilbur and fellow kin and asked if they wished to be freed. Naturally, he said yes and was. The problem was, it was a trick. Wilbur fled to the Ruins knowing Maxwell couldn't possibly find him down there. He became a great leader and led the Ruins to strive. Then nightmare fuel became abundant and abused to inhumane circumstances. This caused innocent creatures around to become horrifying monsters. The splumonkeys had forms that fluxed when their runic tiles are glowing bright red. This had strange and terrifying affects on Wilbur. He lost his way in the world and his skeleton is lost along with his crown atop his head...

(Thank you Pyromailmann for the story)

maybe he should have a positive sanity aura for friendly characters or chance of getting extra stuff for defeating enemies (pilfering)

also they said once that one character will be unlockable on the bottom of the cave... wilbur perhaps?

Good ideas, Wilbur is a spulmonkey after all.

Here's an addition / replacement for his' perks (this could replace lower sanity.)

"Has a horrifying other form..."

We all know spulmonkeys have "shadow" forms.

Bio (possibly): Wilbur was an intelligent monkey and was part of a circus act in the "Strongman Circus" he wore a silly crown and was locked up in a cage with his' other brothers and sisters. The act was being the top of monkeys that cling together (just like the toys). They were beaten and abused to exploit people for money. Then one day Maxwell wished him to be free. So he said yes and was. The problem was, he found out it was a lie. Wilbur fled to the Ruins knowing Maxwell couldn't possibly find him down there. He became a good leader  and led the Ruins to strive. Then nightmare fuel became abundant and abused to inhumane circumstances. This caused innocent creatures (like glommers and the rest of the spulmonkeys) to become horrifying monsters. The spulmonkeys had forms that fluxed when their runic tiles are glowing bright red. This unfortunately didn't affect Wilbur (since he hadn't evolved to the world around him) and killed him. His' skull was buried after the first chaos and he (and his' crown) were lost forever.

Good ideas, Wilbur is a spulmonkey after all.

Here's an addition / replacement for his' perks (this could replace lower sanity.)

"Has a horrifying other form..."

We all know spulmonkeys have "shadow" forms.

Bio (possibly): Wilbur was an intelligent monkey and was part of a circus act in the "Strongman Circus" he wore a silly crown and was locked up in a cage with his' other brothers and sisters. The act was being the top of monkeys that cling together (just like the toys). They were beaten and abused to exploit people for money. Then one day Maxwell wished him to be free. So he said yes and was. The problem was, he found out it was a lie. Wilbur fled to the Ruins knowing Maxwell couldn't possibly find him down there. He became a good leader and led the Ruins to strive. Then nightmare fuel became abundant and abused to inhumane circumstances. This caused innocent creatures (like glommers and the rest of the spulmonkeys) to become horrifying monsters. The spulmonkeys had forms that fluxed when their runic tiles are glowing bright red. This unfortunately didn't affect Wilbur (since he hadn't evolved to the world around him) and killed him. His' skull was buried after the first chaos and he (and his' crown) were lost forever.

I really like the idea of how he got his powers and his storyline,(brutal ending) but what would be the benefit of the shadow form of Wilbur? I looked through some facts and shows that the regular Splumonkeys have the same health, damage,etc. as the shadow forms. Only difference between the two is that one is a hostile form. Anyone have ideas? Or suggestions of the perks of Shadow Wilbur?

I really like the idea of how he got his powers and his storyline,(brutal ending) but what would be the benefit of the shadow form of Wilbur? I looked through some facts and shows that the regular Splumonkeys have the same health, damage,etc. as the shadow forms. Only difference between the two is that one is a hostile form. Anyone have ideas? Or suggestions of the perks of Shadow Wilbur?

Thanks for supporting my theory, yes it was a brutal ending but the game does reach very dark points at very close points in time.  :D

How about in the Shadow Form he is neutral to many hostile mobs or hallucinations, but follower mobs (Pigs & Bunnymen mainly since rock lobsters don't attack anything unless provoked) will attack him on sight. He also drops nightmare fuel instead of manure and use it.

Thanks for supporting my theory, yes it was a brutal ending but the game does reach very dark points at very close points in time. :D

How about in the Shadow Form he is neutral to many hostile mobs or hallucinations, but follower mobs (Pigs & Bunnymen mainly since rock lobsters don't attack anything unless provoked) will attack him on sight. He also drops nightmare fuel instead of manure and use it.

Excellent. I was thinking about allowing him to have Splumonkeys as followers. Do you think they should remain neutral to him all the time?

Excellent. I was thinking about allowing him to have Splumonkeys as followers. Do you think they should remain neutral to him all the time?

Wilbur is superior to spulmonkeys and has an on-par intelligence to a humans' IQ, spulmonkeys would worship him since he is more evolved than them so yes. They would remain neutral to him.

negative sanity aura when he's insane, also the rest of the characters see him as a shadow monkey (?)

When is at something like 1/2 sane, he turns into a shadow monkey. He should have a negative aura but, when in his regular form combined with his crown, his ultimate awesomeness provides a slight positive aura of sanity...

about his stats they can be like:

health: 100 - 120

sanity: 150 - 200

hunger: 150 - 250

dmg: normal like most of the rest

if he can get extra stuff from monsters and it don't have to be like that, these could be his stats. low health like the little monkey that he is, i see him more like a fast farming character that also could be of help on a four man gameplay.

that's why i also think about the sanity help for other players, the aura can only work when he's still sane and it don't have to be OP at all. he could be that supportive.

The first idea is good, but I rather see random pooping when sanity is low (I'll so scared, I think I gonna poop myself) instead of producing effortless nightmare fuel.

The sanity thing is unnecessarily complicated. Only a multiplier is needed (like Wendy and Wolfgang).

4 is not practical in a cave. With rock lobsters around and a constant sanity drain on top of the darkness drain, you simple wouldn't survive.

Give him a unique recipe to craft a splumonkey pod (like Webber and spider eggs).

The splumonkeys that spawn won't "misbehave" if he is within a couple of screens distance, although if other players are at the base, and Wilbur is away exploring, they could get troublesome.

about his stats they can be like:

health: 100 - 120

sanity: 150 - 200

hunger: 150 - 250

dmg: normal like most of the rest

if he can get extra stuff from monsters and it don't have to be like that, these could be his stats. low health like the little monkey that he is, i see him more like a fast farming character that also could be of help on a four man gameplay.

that's why i also think about the sanity help for other players, the aura can only work when he's still sane and it don't have to be OP at all. he could be that supportive.

Swapping the shadow monkey form for pilfering would be helpful in a multiplayer game when you need extra items

The first idea is good, but I rather see random pooping when sanity is low (I'll so scared, I think I gonna poop myself) instead of producing effortless nightmare fuel.

The sanity thing is unnecessarily complicated. Only a multiplier is needed (like Wendy and Wolfgang).

4 is not practical in a cave. With rock lobsters around and a constant sanity drain on top of the darkness drain, you simple wouldn't survive.

Does any one have ideas to this ^

Craftable Splumonkey pods. Definitely not on par with other suggestions posted here, but I would just love having 50 of those little rascals running around my base. Maybe Wilbur could command them if he feeds them fruits or something. He's a monkey king for all we know. :-)

Craftable Splumonkey pods. Definitely not on par with other suggestions posted here, but I would just love having 50 of those little rascals running around my base. Maybe Wilbur could command them if he feeds them fruits or something. He's a monkey king for all we know. :-)

I was thinking you could give splumonkeys bananas and they become followers but Splumokey pods? They would have to be hard to make.

Archived