Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

(I guess I can set up Bael more.)

Bael unsheathed the knife. Bael sheathed the knife.

"It's such a fun sound, don't you think?"

"P-p-please, don't kill me! I'm har-"

The man's pleas for life are cut short by the sound of the knife unsheathing again. The knife was not sheathed. Bale placed the knife against the man's throat, but did not kill him.

"O-oh god, please! Don't kill me! I'll do whatever you want!"

Bael relaxed his grip on the knife.

"Anything? I don't think you mean anything."

"I do! I swear, just please! I don't want-"

Before the man could finish, his blood stained the brick. He placed his hands on his neck, sputtering and gurgling. He quickly fell to the ground, limp.

"There's no open positions."

Bael licked the blood off of the knife, shuddering with delight. He had really cut deep. Next time, he'd make it less so. Too quick of a death was never a good thing. Bael sheathed the knife, and continued to walk down the hallway, extinguishing all lights he passed, to ensure anyone he missed would be attended to by his little helper.

"Isn't this just wonderful? Wide-scale homicide has never been this easy! And I'm glad those 'leaders' all happened to be gone! Perfect timing on my part! As soon as I'm done here, to the shades we go, dearie!"

Bael suddenly stops skipping, as he hears the sound of crushed paper. He looks down, and finds a picture of a somewhat young child and their family. He looks longingly at the picture, places a little pebble on it, and places it in his pocket. His smiling stops, and his face grows somber.

"I think.... I think I missed a room."

Bael turns to the left, and sees a room with a small amount of light pouring out from the crack under the door. He reaches for the lever, but stops. He quietly places his ear up to the door, and hears the sniffling of a small child crying in fear. It was most likely the owner of the picture. The takes it out, the pebble on the left corner of the picture. Bael sighs, and slips the picture under the door. He continues on his way, as the sound of sniffling stops. Then, however, the sound of a small piece of glass shattering rings through the air as an intense purple light eminates from under the door. The child screams, but they quickly become incredibly distorted until the light under the door fades. Including the candle. The door slides open, as one more whisper joins the crowd of 10 other previous children.

"Welcome home, child."

• Like 2

(Eh, guess I can continue.)

The warror stares at the intruder for an intense couple of seconds, the tip of his sword wavering in the air; then he sheathes the weapon.

"Quod fuerit per aliquod tempus, per Viti-Mortos. Quid est quod dicis de te ipsum praebe nos victores in Oranihil?"

Viti-Mortos looked rather worse for wear; one of his back legs was naught but a stump, and he was thin and spindly.  In Latin, the shade replied, "I could ask you the same, Battal.  According to Joseph, you vanished mere minutes after Shadowfall died."

Jakob nodded, seeming somewhat forlorn and distant as he remembered the event.  "There was nothing left for me with them.  Our work was done; we had no reason to continue together."

He paused.  "I saw them earlier today.  I...looking at them now makes them seem almost like children.  One Forgotten was enough to overwhelm all of them.  If my suspicions are correct..."

He looks over at the pedestal.

"...and I pray they aren't...they will be little more than paper in the wind against her."

The temperature dropped noticeably, and Viti-Mortos looked more than a little nervous.  "I would not make such references so idly, Jakob.  If she is here, that could cause you quite a great deal of trouble."

Jakob turns to the podium.  "Well, let's find out, shall we?"

As dusk arrives, Violet hauls the her backpack full of firewood to the camp, leaving trails of new pine tree saplings in her wake.

"There. Now we have enough firewood for awhile."

Violet loads four logs onto the fire, and lights it with her torch. She places Will next to the fire pit, and begins roasting what's left of their food. There are 7 morsels, 4 mushed berries, and 6 cooked carrots. Violet grabs a morsel and some carrots for Will, and grabs 2 morsels and some berries for herself. She sits down by Will, and begins to feed him food.

"At least he chews by himself."

White found herself standing on a familiar stone pathway that lead to an equally familiar white colored wood house with a blue roof. She quickly ran up the path and onto the creaking steps of the porch. To her right a two seat metal swing she had sat on so many times before. On the left sat a potted ruby-red rose bush in bloom next to the kitchen window. In front was a blue door, worn from years of use. The sound of her two brothers laughing and playing reached her ears as a smile spread across her face. She didn't know how and she didn't care, but White was home. Opening the door, White stepped into the living-room and was greeted by the faces of her family who were simply overcome with... horror.

The laughs White heard were replaced with screams as her family wailed in pain. She stood there frozen in horror as the flesh melted off her families bones. The stench of burned flesh was overwhelming their jaws melted shut and their bones turned chard-black. Their arms warped into blades and their eyes were replaced with blue spheres that reeked with malice. Screams of pain became maniacal laughter as White's family expressed great joy in running her through.

White shot up with a gasp. As her vision focused her eyes looked on to the bloody pulp the once was a rabbit. She would have thrown up right then and there if she had anything in her stomach. Realizing the state she was in, White frantically rubbed off the blood on her hands with snow.

With both Jakob and Viti-Mortos working together, they managed to break the force field in no time at all.  Bits of the invisible wall clanked against the ground with a sound like broken glass.

"Good."  Viti said, looking at the pedestal.  "The honor is yours." 

Jakob nods, then touches the podium.  Almost instantly, a large tome appears on top of it, glittering with a light-blue glow. 

"Ascendit."   He says.  The book levitates into the air, flipping open to the title page.  "The Inhabitants of The Islands, listed Most Dangerous first and Least Dangerous last."

He opens to the first page.

"Number One..."  He says, his voice faltering as he reads the first name.  Viti-Mortos doesn't have to hear it to know what it says.

"Isun-Ghast".

(Can I bring in this character?

Name: Wilhelmina  

Race: Human

Appearance: A tall girl with a very thin build, emerald green eyes, brown-almost red short curly hair, blue jeans, a green shirt that matches her eyes, and a worn denim jacket. She has an overall youthful look and is almost always smiling.

Background: I'm too lazy to come up with something detailed. I would rather reveal it through dialog. I will, however, say she hasn't had an ideal childhood...

Abilities: Wind magic, and she's been here for a few months so she has a good understanding of how to survive.

Drawbacks: She's mentally unstable like everyone else here, a bit reckless, absent minded, and unorganized.

Personality: Even though she's abnormally cheerful and childish, she seems to have a firm understanding of mature topics. She's reckless, unorganized, absent minded, sadistic at times, hardly ever serious, and very friendly, but socially awkward at the same time.

Inventory Items: A sketch book and some pencils. There's nothing strange or magic-y about them she just likes to draw, a lot.

If she's accepted I probably won't introduce her for a while. I just wanted to go ahead and get her character sheet out of the way.)

(Yay!

By the way, White's probably on the very last page of that book right now.)

After White rubbed the rabbit blood off her face and hands, she quietly made her way to the fire, sat down, and slowly nibbled on some berries from her pocket. 

​<Should I try talking to her? She did want to leave me in the hands of that... thing, but I can understand why she did. They could have died and probably would have if that knight didn't slice the thing in half. I don't think she wants me here. I have been nothing but a hindrance since they met me. I suppose the thing to do here would be to prove my worth, but how? I know nothing about this place, wherever this is.>

White was a little startled at Violet's sudden interruption of her thoughts. She accepted the morsel.

"Thank you."

After White was done eating, she rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

"So um... thank's for saving me from a fate worse than death or something. I'm still not sure what the heck happened." 

(I've returned! Thanks for not advancing the plot too far on me.)

"He'll be fine. I'll see to that." Joseph was rubbing his blade with the sleeve of his shirt rhythmically, not taking the time to look at Violet nor White. His leg less body floated mere inches off the ground, bobbing up and down slowly.

(Battal, do me a favor and let me know when we can jump into Will's head.)

Joseph sighed, continuing to rub the blade up and down it what seemed like an effort to clean it, but the blade was as clean as a sword of blood can be, and all he was doing was blood staining his sleeve. He hesitated before responding, and didn't turn to look at either of them. "You'll forgive me, won't you?"

Joseph nodded, a sigh of relief escaping him. "Okay. That's good." His voice returned to its colder, less emotional state, and he had stopped 'cleaning' his blade. "Now then... White... You seemed to be able to make snow..." His voice faltered almost unnoticeably at that, but he continued. "... While you were unconscious. Any chance you'll tell us how?"