Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

White handed the picture over to Joseph.

It was a picture of a family of five with a snow peeked mountain in the background. In the back stood a woman with black, curly hair and gray blue eyes and a tall man with dark brown hair, a beard and mustache, and equally dark brown eyes. They were both gently smiling and looking down at the three children infront of them. White stood in the middle of the three children, bending over slightly as she held a young boy in a headlock while laughing and giving him a light noogie. She was a few years younger here and looked a bit out of place, being the only albino in the family, but no one seemed to mind. The little boy with light brow hair and blue eyes was giggling and playfully struggling out of the noogie. On the right was a man in his late teens with medium brown hair who was smirking and rolling his bright green eyes behind a pair of glasses.

She looked over at Will with concern, not really sure what do in this situation.

Pop's blade warned in his hand as he watched the picture... A picture of a family. One he never truly had. But this was not the time for those thoughts, especially when Will was coming too. "I'll look at this later, although they look nice. I have to tend to Will first." He handed the picture back to White and floated over to Will, his gaze hardening over. "Who's here?" He demanded, frowning.

Edited by Blewcheese

"He's-"

Before Will could, cuts stated appearing all over him. They started small and not too deep, but the gradually increased in size.

"What the ****!?"

"HE'S HERE HE'S HERE HE'S HERE!"

Violet tried to grab Will, but the force starting cutting Violet's hands. However, she began to see the figure. It was vaguely humanoid, but hardly there. Violet tried to ram the figure off, but she went right through it. Light cuts appeared on every part of her body that touched the figure. The figure became even more visible.

"GET THE F**K OFF WILL!"

Violet rams into the figure once more, and actually makes contact with it. It is sent flying off, but rises and dashes toward Violet. It raises its claws to start scratching Violet, but she catches its hands. The figure was quickly coming into the view. It looked like what Will would look like if he was just an outline and had gone insane.

"GET OFF! GET! OFF! OF ME! Joseph, I think it's coming from Will's mind! Get in there now!"

Violet shoves the shade off of her, and stands in between it and Will. She draws her blade.

"Hurry! Thing wants Will dead!"

Edited by Will

A group of Forgotten wailed as they lost their lives to a gout of white hot flames.  A single survivor only managed to make it halfway across the clearing before Viti-Mortos landed on its back, gnawing its head off like a dog with a chew toy.  It cried out for a moment; then was still.

Jakob looked at the battleground with a twinge of amusement.  The shades were clearly becoming less wise if they thought such an ambush would have paid off.

"Let's go."  He says in Latin, slipping the book into his bag.  "We have a long way to travel.  It seems that I have need of old friends once again..."

Edited by Lord_Battal

The shade simply runs toward Violet, it's feet going straight through the ice.

"F**k!"

Violet is knocked down, and the shade is on top of her. It starts bearing its claws down on her, as she protects her head and neck with her arms.

"GET IT OFF ME!"

Will slowly rises to his feet, Violet's blade in his hand. He slowly stumbles to her, but falls down. The light has returned to his eyes.

"Get off her!"

Will uses the sword to get up, and attempts to stab the Shade. it jumps to the left, and the blade gets stuck in the dirt. The shade leaps onto Will, and begins clawing him.

"AUGH! VIOLET, GET THIS F****R OFF OF ME!"

Violet runs over, and kicks the Shade off. She dips a torch into the fire to light it, and tosses it to White.

"Joseph, White, run!"

Violet dips another torch into the fire, grabs Will, and takes off running. White and Joseph follow close behind.

'What the f**k is going on, where are we!?"

"This is not the time, Will!"

As the group jumps over debris running from the Shade, they can here it screaming as it follows them. Trips on a log, and falls to the ground. Violet is already ahead, and Joseph is unable to help Will.

White, do you:

-Help Will up

-He can get up by himself

(Fair enough, considering my last attempt at helping almost got someone killed.)

Joseph, luckily for him, was having an easy time through the debris. He floated a foot and a half off the ground, and was able to lift himself over the debris. When Will fell and he saw that his lackluster telekinesis couldn't help him, he shot a glance at White and began doing what he could to clear a path in the debris for her to get to Will.

Will quickly gets up, and continues to run. The shade lands right next to where he was, right where White would have been if she tried to help Will.

"KEEP RUNNING!"

The group keeps running, the shade hot on their heels.

"Joseph, we have to stop sometime! We can't run all night! We have to get in Will's head, and kill the shade from there! Take White with you, and I'll hold it off! How long until you can do it!?"

​<Whoa, that was close!>

Just a few seconds more and she would have been squished by the shade as she tried to help Will.

<Wait, we can go into his head? Can this day get any weirder?!>

White continued to run, just barely avoiding the debris. 

(telepathic messages are in ' thoughts are in <>)

"I'm sure I can!"

The group stops, and so does the shade. Will runs up to Joseph, and Violet stands bewteen them and the shade. The shade lets out a screech, and leaps at Violet. She side steps, grabs it by the arm, and tosses it into a tree. It rises up, and rushes at Will. Violet tries to intercept it, but she is too slow. It knocks him down, and crawls on top of him. Its eyes turn a bright shade of red, and Will's turn gray. He simply slumps over as if he were dead. Violet punts it off of him.

"Do it know! Will can't fight anymore!"

Violet quickly starts a campfire while the shade is getting up.

"Alright, you bastard. Let's see what you got."

Accurately, Joseph cut a slit in one of White's fingers, and used telekinesis to easily place a drop of blood on White and Will's foreheads. "Now, lie down." Joseph commanded as he himself layed his half-body onto the grass, and began sucking the consciousnesses out of White and himself, and into Will.

White and Joseph awake in a blank, white plain. Despair is in the air, and the struggles Violet faces are unknown to them. The air is cold, and the plain quickly becamos a frozen tundra. Snow is everywhere, and neither of the two can feel any of it. For all they knew, it could have been warm.

Joseph immediately began floating forward, in search of anything to lead them to their foe. "Each mind is different, more or less. Recent events carve the landscape sometimes, but sometime's it's a distant memory. This time, it could be neither. There's something bad somewhere in here. The mind could be changing." He looked back to ensure that White was following.

The landscape slowly transitions to a somewhat more mild and rainy city scape. The smell of pastries fill the air, and the sense of dread has completely left the air. It has been replaced by heavy nostalgia.

"I've never carried myself into a mind. It was always Pops. But I've been to plenty, sure." After once more observing the changed landscape, Joseph commented. "I'd guess this is some older memory. That's good, our foe might not have done too much damage yet."