Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

Joseph looks down at himself to see that he has his legs. In fact, he looks exactly like he did at the beginning of his journey. Someone taps him on the shoulder. He turns, but no one is there. Only a whisper.

This way...

White's shoulder was healed, and she looked as if she hadn't been in the wilderness for the past few days. As White and Joseph fight the crowd to find the source of the whisper, it starts to snow. The people slowly vanish, but the landscape remains unchanged. People and their voices fade in and out, as if the two landscapes the two had seen were at war with each others. Finally, they find themselves in an apartment building. it is cold, and the lights are out. There is no one inside. The voice leads them up a flight of stairs, and to a door titled, "204". Joseph opens the door, and a warm, orange light floods out of the room. Inside was someone Joseph thought he'd never see again. There he was, sitting at a table, drinking tea. It was Dark Will.

"It bloody took you long enough."

"So sorry to keep you waiting." Joseph replied, unsure as to whether this was the memory of Dark Will, or perhaps a portion of him that lived on in Will's mind. "Allow me to introduce you to White. Dark Will, White..." He motioned at White, then back at Dark Will. "White, Dark Will. Now, what needs to be done here?"

Dark Will leans forward, as if he was trying to not be heard by an observer.

"We need to defeat the source of the issue. Then, I'll be free. And so will Will."

Dark Will finishes his tea, and stands at the window.

"What have things come to? When old friends are dead, and living ones are gone? Joseph, we're all that's left. Will's trapped under this influence, Snowfall is dead, and Jakob is... someplace. Some time. Some dimension. He's with that 'Viti-Mortos'. I don't know we are supposed to do, Joseph. All I know is that there's no going back. We have to solve this conflict, so Will and I will be free from the confines of his own mind."

Dark Will draws his sword and revolver, and turns toward Joseph.

"You need to gather yourself, Joseph. This is an enemy unlike any other. In this state, neither you or White are ready. You have to gather yourself. You two are drifting away, I can feel it. You're fed up with this. but it'll all soon be over. Just this one last fight."

Sighing, Dark Will opens the door. It leads out to a frozen plains. The apartment complex is completely gone, aside from Dark Will's room.

"It's time to confront her image."

Joseph narrowed his eyes at the expanse before him, and his fingers drummed against Pops's hilt. "Perhaps I'll be stronger here than in the material plane... And if what you say is true, we're doomed." He mused, his gaze returning to Dark Will. "Who is Her, though? Care to elaborate a bit? I'd rather not charge into something without any information."

"You know full well who she is."

A single flake of snow lands on Joseph's hand, yet it does not melt. It stays, until he falls his hand over. The flake falls to the ground.

"I don't want to talk for a while."

Dark Will's voice shakes as he speaks, clearly caught up in memories of the past. Of times when friends were alive. Of times where purity continued to live. He simply walks forward, as if lost.

As the group continues, the snow begins to fall faster and faster, until it is an all out blizzard. Whatever was behind this force was trying to prevent the group from progressing. The group finally begins to feel the cold, as the snow finally begins to get to them. Finally, the snow stops for a moment. The tundra slowly shifts to the city again, but it is still cold and snow is still all around. The roads, however, are clear. Dark Will stops, and motions for the group to do so as well.

"Something is wrong. Everyone, keep-"

Before Dark Will could finish, an ice spike went whizzing past his head, barely missing. Walking out of the fog was someone Joseph never thought he'd see again. Out of the fog walked Snowfall. She held more ice in her hand, but it dropped to her feet when she saw Joseph. A pained look appeared.

"Joseph... leave. Hurry, while you still can. That isn't Dark Will, and you know it. He's the one causing Will to go catatonic, he's the shade. You can't let him win."

(I gotta go eat danner, bye pls don't do anything major while I'm gone plz k thnx bye)

(It is just Will's memory, so "she" will be portrayed purposely different. Don't expect this to be a long lasting thing.)

Edited by Will

Joseph watched Snowfall carefully, wanting very badly for her to be real, and right. But it didn't make sense. He looked at the ground, shaking his head. "No. You died, Snowfall. We saw it. You couldn't be here, and say that." He gripped Pops's blade tighter now.

"Please, Joseph, I don't want to fight! You know better! I may not be the real Snowfall! She's dead! I'm just a figment of Will's imagination! But that isn't Dark Will, and nor is it a figment either! You can't do this! Please, for once in your life, LISTEN TO ME!"

Ice pieces fall from Snowfall's eyes, as she pleads with Joseph. She is unarmed, but Joseph knew she could make a weapon out of ice incredibly quickly. Dark Will is walking slowly over to Snowfall. Tears stream down his face, as he sheaths his sword.

"I'm sorry, love. But You're wrong. Don't let her lie to you, Joseph. Do what's right."

-Stop Dark Will

-Wait and see what happens

(This is a join decision. I have scenarios set up for if both of you help "Snowfall", if none of you help her, if Joseph helps her, and if White helps her. Your characters need to talk it out, and somewhat quickly.)

Dark Will continues to advance on Snowfall. She is slowly backing up.

"Please, Joseph! Don't do this! Don't let this happen! You can't let it escape! Please! You're not all that's left! You don't have to listen to it! You aren't alone! PLEASE, LISTEN TO ME!"

Dark Will continues to advance slowly. There is still time for White to intervene, but not much.

(Gotta wait for @MenaAthena to decide, this is a pretty big choice.)

Edited by Will

"I'm sorry, Joseph, but I can't stand by and watch this happen!"

White makes a thick wall of ice appear between Dark Will and Snowfall.

"Now let's CALM DOWN and TALK ABOUT THIS before we KILL EACHOTHER!"

White is shaking and on the verge of tears, clearly overwhelmed.

(Sorry for the late reply. My internet is really bad today.)

Dark Will turns to White.

"What the bloody hell are you DOING!? You're listening to her!? She's a shade, and she needs to die."

Snowfall strengthens the ice wall while Dark Will is turned away.

"This tiny little wall won't stop me."

as Dark Will turns to smash it, his reflection shows in the ice. He stops moving. It is the reflection of the shade that Violet and Will were fighting. Dark Will begins to laugh.

"You clever little girl. You made the ice thick enough for my reflection to show. It matters not. You can't stop me."

The shade breaks the ice wall down, as it shatters into pieces. Snowfall forms an ice sword in her hand, and prepares to defend.

"You bastard... I'll never let you taint this mind!"

Snowfall rushes forward with her sword, but Dark Will simply swats her aside. He turns to White, his eyes glowing red.

"But I can't have you interfering anymore."

Almost instantly, Dark Will is in front of White, and prepares to decapitate her. Snowfall barely manages to jump in between them, and her front is is badly wounded.

"You b***h!"

The shade kicks Snowfall away, and prepares to pounce.