Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

In a moment, Joseph had leapt between White and Dark Will, Pops's blade quickly becoming more rounded, somewhat resembling a frying pan. He holds it up defensively. "You certainly had me tricked. Although I'm insulted that you didn't target me first. Is she truly more of a threat?"

The shade breaks out of the ice, and turns to Joseph.

"You can't do anything to me. I'm not part of this mind. And neither is White. But you are. Go ahead, try to kill me. It'll just go right through me. You are but your thoughts in Will's memory. You are useless in here."

"Joseph, you still have a tie to the real world on you! Something you have now that you didn't have before! Use that sword!"

The shade of Dark Will turns to snowfall, and begins to walk toward her.

"As soon as you're gone, I'll be free! The insanity of a sentient being, released in the real world! It'll be glorious! Don't worry about that Violet. I can't kill her from in here. That'll be for when I get out."

The shade is sent to the ground, clutching its ribs. It rises from the ground, in pain.

"You'll pay for that, you little b***h!"

Smoke begins to engulf the shade, as its flesh burns away, revealing the same shape that was attacking Violet and Will earlier. It lets out a screech as it is almost instantly on White.

"****! Joseph, do something!"

Snowfall tries to get up, but she is too weak from her injuries. She raises her hand, coating White's arms with ice so she can block with them.

The fist just goes right through the Shade. It does not attack White, but simply looks into her eyes. The most soothing voice entered her mind as everything began to slowly blur.

"Tell me, little girl. What is it that you need? You look so very tired."

The Shade continues to just look at her, not moving at all. Slowly, a circle of the city terrain surrounds White and the Shade.

"You look so very tired. So very tired."

"JOSEPH! DO SOMETHING!"

During all of this, Pops's blade had been sending strands of blood into Joseph's arm, pressuring themselves into his veins. (This happened in the real world, as well.) At last, when the blade had grown into a brighter crimson, and seemed to be beating at the pace of Joseph's heart, the mentlemancer leapt at Dark Will, the blade a streak of red as it flew at his neck.

The shade barely dodges, turning to face Joseph. He rises to his feet, and screeches. He prepares to lunge when a splash of black liquid spurts out of its neck. Joseph's sword was stabbed through the back of its neck. The sword is pulled out, and then it falls to the ground. Snowfall drops the sword, tears rolling down her eyes.

"Find sanctuary, now. You're free, Inigo. You won't be used any more."

Snowfall falls to her knees, staring longingly at the body as it reforms back into Dark Will's shape. The snow all melts, leaving a yellow and brown plain filled with dead grass.

"Joseph, you can leave now. It's over."

Snowfall begins to fade away.

"I'm going away, too. There's no need to stay. You know I'm not Snowfall. But, you should know. She really enjoyed your presence."

Snowfall falls onto her back, and completely fades away. A gentle breeze floats on the wind.

Thanks, mate. It was a good run. Tell Will he can still use my abilities. You'd think he'd 'ave at least tried to, you know?

Joseph didn't turn to face White, as per usual. "I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't." Sorrow clouded his normally veiled voice, and he shook his head. "But, Violet could still be in trouble. With any luck, that's all we had to do." He shut his eyes and snapped the mental connection to Will, hurtling the two back to their respective bodies.

(Woopsies, I kinda spaced out for awhile..)

Joseph and White wake up in their bodies to a clear blue sky, and a warm fire.

"Violet, they're waking up!"

Will walks over to Joseph and White, and helps them to their feet.

"You guys were out for awhile, even after the shade vanished."

"You both sure took your time, didn't you?"

Violet is covered in small bandages, but her remark was obviously in good fun.

"So, Will's back from whatever was going on. What  do we do now? Will and I gathered enough wood for the rest of winter, granted that we stay here. We also go enough food for a week or so, so we aren't in too much of a rush. It might be a good idea to just relax for a few days and rest up. We'll also need to make a plan on what to do next."

"Speaking of what to do next, I already have a couple of ideas. The one place you can go in this world? The nightmare throne. Where's the place we need to go? The nightmare throne. We need to get there as fast as we can to stop Bael. He's going there now. So, it might be in our best interests to occasionally go scouting for the portal. When we find it, We'll all need to make sure we are all healed up, and then we need to go in it. Don't bother bringing anything, it won't be with you when we get through. Then, once we go through, we'll need to look for this stuff."

Will places down a paper diagram, showing charcoal drawings of the various Things. In the top left corner, the portal is labeled.

"This is our current plan. We'll have to improvise on how far Bael is from the throne. If he's close, we'll have to be ready for a fight there and then. If he's far, Maxwell might be inclined to help us prepare a defense. I don't know how They will factor into this. Last time it happened, They were on Bael's side. So, we will have to be ready for anything. That's enough talk for now, we need to relax. We have a few days before we need to do anything else."

Joseph watched Will and Violet carefully, remaining silent for the duration of their explanation. When he was told that he couldn't bring anything to the nightmare throne, whatever that was, his eyes flicked down to Pop's blade, which was only now retracting from his veins. There had been quite a few terms Joseph didn't seem to know, such as who Maxwell was... Although a little voice in the back of his mind said 'suit man'.

White stares blankly at Will and Violet as they 'explain' what's going on. She stays silent for a moment before speaking.

"W-what is... ju-just... I don't..."

She sighs and buries her face in her palms.

"I can't even pretend to know what's going in anymore."

(Just to clarify, I do know what's going on. I've read the first rp and Will's fan-fic, but White hasn't had that privilege. So this all sounds pretty much like jibberish to her.)

Edited by MenaAthena

(Sarcasm, yay!)

*dink*

White sat in front of a small pile of ice shards, glaring at it like it had just slapped her across the face. Every once in a while, a new crystal would appear in the air and land on the pile. With each crystal added, White's glare burned brighter.

*dink*

*glaring intensifies*

*dink*

*glaring intensifies*

*dink*

*GLARING INTENSIFIES*

*dink*

"GRRRRRRAAAAAAH!" As she let out a frustrated growl, a ice spike about a foot in height jutted through the pile. Now she was less frustrated, but more confused. 

Some time passes, and it is now the following morning. The group is all awake.

"Alright, Joseph, you and me should go scout for any food we can get. We need to check the traps I placed to see if we finally caught something or not. It has been too long since I had meat."

"I'll stay here with White. We can work on building that Alchemy Engine you wanted."

Will grabs an empty backpack, puts on his winter hat, and leads Joseph out of the camp to the traps. Violet begins to haul gold, stones, and boards from a chest into a pile next to the campfire.

"We need to build this thing so we can get you some better medical supplies."